nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

would you rather take advice from...

An educated fat man or someone who is shredded and clearly on steroids?

It pisses me off how people are so dumb and will listen to anyone who is gigantic and just cause i dont have a six pack, i have "no credentials".

Yesterday on @justaddmuscle's instagram, someone commented how to lose fat, so i answered and said less calories and the person who owns the justaddmuscle instagram was like nope, gotta get the xps shredding stack and do cardio. I said the reason to do cardio is to burn calories its not needed. So in the end he just got mad and was like, you never reached 10 % bf before you have no experienxe.

I hate people who try to scam other people... btw i doubt anyone will take the time to read this. Just venting on how much i hate people lol

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The real problem is misconceptions that 'shredded' people get... Say they go on a diet consisting of nothing but green veggies, tuna, and protein powder (along with multivitamins and other micronutrient supplements).

Let's assume their caloric intake happens to be in a deficit, although they are not counting.

Will the diet work? Yes.
    Will there be any noticeable negative health effects? Probably not, at least in the short term.

So now, because this diet worked, the person who took it can say any number of things that is not directly true. Such as:
    "No or minimal sugar and you will get shredded" - it's true, his diet had no sugar and it worked.
    "No or minimal fat and you will get shredded" - it's true, his diet had no fat and it worked.
    "Eat 6 times a day at least" - this is also true, he ate 6 times a day and his diet worked!
    "Never eat 4 hours prior to sleeping" - this must also be true because his diet worked.

See what I mean?
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would listen to both and decide which best understood the difference between correlation and causation.

nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    The real problem is misconceptions that 'shredded' people get... Say they go on a diet consisting of nothing but green veggies, tuna, and protein powder (along with multivitamins and other micronutrient supplements).

Let's assume their caloric intake happens to be in a deficit, although they are not counting.

Will the diet work? Yes.
    Will there be any noticeable negative health effects? Probably not, at least in the short term.

So now, because this diet worked, the person who took it can say any number of things that is not directly true. Such as:
    "No or minimal sugar and you will get shredded" - it's true, his diet had no sugar and it worked.
    "No or minimal fat and you will get shredded" - it's true, his diet had no fat and it worked.
    "Eat 6 times a day at least" - this is also true, he ate 6 times a day and his diet worked!
    "Never eat 4 hours prior to sleeping" - this must also be true because his diet worked.

See what I mean?
    Yeah and the reason why it is true, is because they all correlate to lower calorie intake. I wish someone would look at the convo i had with this guy on instagram. It is absurd. And idk how to put pics on this sight with my phone

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I deal with this everyday of my life... Whether I talk to gym-goers, personal trainers, built guys, obese people, etc... they all BEAT the crap out of their bodies for minimal gains.. and when I say things like "cardio isn't necessary" "track your macros/micros" "you don't need to carb cycle" "you need fats in your diet" they all just laugh and say "IT WON'T WORK FOR ME". They all say since I'm relatively fit, that my body is different. So they go and spend 90.00 on whey, 20.00 on fat burners, mix creatine with OJ (or boil it), take pre-workout, etc.. and guess who still doesn't make gains? Them... And who does? Myself... I quit trying, not worth it.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I deal with this everyday of my life... Whether I talk to gym-goers, personal trainers, built guys, obese people, etc... they all BEAT the crap out of their bodies for minimal gains.. and when I say things like "cardio isn't necessary" "track your macros/micros" "you don't need to carb cycle" "you need fats in your diet" they all just laugh and say "IT WON'T WORK FOR ME". They all say since I'm relatively fit, that my body is different. So they go and spend 90.00 on whey, 20.00 on fat burners, mix creatine with OJ (or boil it), take pre-workout, etc.. and guess who still doesn't make gains? Them... And who does? Myself... I quit trying, not worth it.
    lol i laugh at all the idiots out there as well who think and do the same thing
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nickypecs View Post
    Of course, it's not as clear-cut as ^^^^ this. Good (and bad) advices come from both camps.

The problem for noobs is in trying to decide whom to listen to, and it's probably more confusing on an interwebz forum that it is IRL. I don't have any solution as far as this forum goes other than to advise noobs to weigh all the facts that any poster presents, question everything presented, and then apply some common sense. That in itself will usually help to clear away some fo the fog of misinformation.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This video was produced just for you, so please watch is:

kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would you go to war under a half crazed army gen. who's seen real action, or a "profanity-goes-here" startegic expert politician?

I don't just "take" whatever I read and put it to use, but I do give more value to actual experience over semi-theoretical, this comes from a mechanic engineer with a master's degree.

When all is said and done, poster above made good point; good/bad advice can come from both ways but you still get to have a preference and a brain to filter it.

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Situation yesterday in my gym's sauna:
    - 2 old men talking about 1 of them not being to lose weight
    - he says "man im going to the gym regulary, doing the stairmaster and treadmill all the time but the weight just isnt coming off"
    - the other then says "have you tried testosterone boosters?"

Then they went on about testosterone boosters and how it works and makes you lose weight.. and the guy that cant seem to lose weight said that he'll have to check it out

I just stared in disbelief..was on the verge of saying something but held it in - its useless to talk to people in real life about nutrition - their mindset is completely different. Even if I try explaining the basics to them - they simply ignore it

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is basically the reason why I don't give advices. I also hear lot of bs regarding fat loss and such but since I'm not even close to 10% or something like I keep my mouth shut so I won't get flamed. Let them do their thing and I'll do mine.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

Originally Posted by mh22 View Post
    Situation yesterday in my gym's sauna:
    - 2 old men talking about 1 of them not being to lose weight
    - he says "man im going to the gym regulary, doing the stairmaster and treadmill all the time but the weight just isnt coming off"
    - the other then says "have you tried testosterone boosters?"

Then they went on about testosterone boosters and how it works and makes you lose weight.. and the guy that cant seem to lose weight said that he'll have to check it out

I just stared in disbelief..was on the verge of saying something but held it in - its useless to talk to people in real life about nutrition - their mindset is completely different. Even if I try explaining the basics to them - they simply ignore it
    Lmfao that is hilarious. People dont understand what supplements really are. They are meant to help you but arent needed. Like the guy on instagram he was just telling everyone, "get my fat burner, thats how to build muscle and get toned" or some bs like that lol

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They are meant to help you but arent needed.
    They're produced to make money, not to "help" you.