Thread: Stubborn Fat?

ConnahKABC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stubborn Fat?

So i've been reading about the High Carb/Normal Carb/Low Carb cyle, I don't usually have a diet like this but this is what i've rustled up to see if you guys think it's a good nutritional plan to loose the fat(Didn't know if to put in the loosing fat or nutrition section, sorry)

8am Breakfast always porridge oats, greek yoghurt and protein powder(Peptide - slow releasing blend of protein), banana and apple

11am Peanuts(Norm Carb)
    greek yoghurt/fruit(High Carb)

12.40pm School salad(Norm Carb)
    School sandwich 1/2 (High Carb)

3.15pm peanut butter, green tea, banana and oats(Every Day)

6.30pm 3 egg whites, one whole egg, mixed frozen veggies, recovery shake (Forgoodness shakes, 3:1 Carb/Protein) High carb,
    without recovery shake on normal carb

8.30pm Protein Powder(Peptide) (Everyday)

Green Tea at 8am, 3.15pm and 6.30pm

High carb are my HIIT and weight lifting days and Normal Carb is my boxing training days

I'm 14, Have lost 4 stone already, changed my life around already but i've came to the last of my fat and it doesn't seem to be going away, I can see myself toning up in my arms and legs area but the stomach won't budge!

Don't be too hasty since I'm only 14 but what do you guys think on my diet and the idea of the high carb/normal carb days?

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The names of your food don't matter, it's your macronutrient intake for the day that we can judge, based on your needs and total daily energy expenditure. Get 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, .4-.5g of fat pplbm and fill the rest ideally w/ carbs. Eat fruits and veggies for micronutrients, sea water fish or fish oil for EPA/DHA and get 30-40g of fiber.

Guys are genetically predisposed to store visceral fat around their stomachs, so you either have to build more muscle or lose more weight. At your age, you're better off eating at maintenance calories (your TDEE) and getting stronger.

Carb cycling can help if your training's better because of it, but it's making things needlessly complicated and makes weigh-ins inconsistent.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness

Originally Posted by benjobb View Post
    The names of your food don't matter, it's your macronutrient intake for the day that we can judge, based on your needs and total daily energy expenditure. Get 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, .4-.5g of fat pplbm and fill the rest ideally w/ carbs. Eat fruits and veggies for micronutrients, sea water fish or fish oil for EPA/DHA and get 30-40g of fiber.

Guys are genetically predisposed to store visceral fat around their stomachs, so you either have to build more muscle or lose more weight. At your age, you're better off eating at maintenance calories (your TDEE) and getting stronger.

Carb cycling can help if your training's better because of it, but it's making things needlessly complicated and makes weigh-ins inconsistent.
    See now the thing is I don't really know how many calories I need or how many I am eating, I can obviously calculate the amount of calories I need, but then I don't know how many I'm eating, could you help me out with this? Thanks for the advice though.

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ConnahKABC View Post
    See now the thing is I don't really know how many calories I need or how many I am eating, I can obviously calculate the amount of calories I need, but then I don't know how many I'm eating, could you help me out with this? Thanks for the advice though.
    No problem, you can watch this video of mine:

for info on how to track your macros. You can also look at some of the stickies for info. But you don't actually need much.

You need to find your macro needs (protein and fat, fill the rest of your calories with carbs) and your TDEE. There are plenty of TDEE calculators out there, this one's good:

http://iifym.com/calculators/tdee-calculator/

You also need a weighing scale at home and some internet access or a book with calorie counts of common food in it. Just weigh out everything you eat or learn to estimate and log it in myfitnesspal or fitday or on a notebook. If it doesn't have a calorie count, look for something with a similar profile but also with an option for weight. And you don't even have to be laser accurate, you just need an idea. If you're gaining/losing too fast, adjust your targets.

Eat some fruits and veggies, get some fiber and you're good. Good luck!
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Hi, I came short with my macros could you help me out? I worked my TDEE to 2000-2500 so I went for 2200
    so could you help me out please.

99g protein - 396 100g
    40g fat - 360 12g
    247g carb - 900 184.5g
    40g fibre 17.5g

2000-2500 tdee
    500kcal = 1700 1410 kcal

Oats half a cup
    3.2g fat
    150 kcal
    4.4g protein
    24g carb
    3.6g fibre

protein recovery
    276 kcal
    16.5g protein
    49.5g carb

protein peptide x2
    180 kcal
    40 protein
    4g carb

100g wholeweatpasta
    148kcal
    28.3g carb
    4.8g protein
    3.7g fibre

100ml milk
    35kcal
    3.4g protein
    5g carb

10g peanut butter
    61 kcal
    2.5g protein
    1.5g carb
    4.8g fat

banana x2
    180kcal
    42g carb
    5.2g fibre

apple x2
    160 kcal
    5g fibre
    22g carb

egg whole
    65 kcal1
    4.37g fat
    5.54g protein

egg white x3
    51 kcal
    10.8g protein

frozen mixed veg
    52 kcal
    8g carb
    3.5g fibre
    3.2g protein

50g chicken
    55kcal
    12g protein

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ConnahKABC View Post
    Hi, I came short with my macros could you help me out? I worked my TDEE to 2000-2500 so I went for 2200
    so could you help me out please.

99g protein - 396 100g
    40g fat - 360 12g
    247g carb - 900 184.5g
    40g fibre 17.5g

2000-2500 tdee
    500kcal = 1700 1410 kcal

Oats half a cup
    3.2g fat
    150 kcal
    4.4g protein
    24g carb
    3.6g fibre

protein recovery
    276 kcal
    16.5g protein
    49.5g carb

protein peptide x2
    180 kcal
    40 protein
    4g carb

100g wholeweatpasta
    148kcal
    28.3g carb
    4.8g protein
    3.7g fibre

100ml milk
    35kcal
    3.4g protein
    5g carb

10g peanut butter
    61 kcal
    2.5g protein
    1.5g carb
    4.8g fat

banana x2
    180kcal
    42g carb
    5.2g fibre

apple x2
    160 kcal
    5g fibre
    22g carb

egg whole
    65 kcal1
    4.37g fat
    5.54g protein

egg white x3
    51 kcal
    10.8g protein

frozen mixed veg
    52 kcal
    8g carb
    3.5g fibre
    3.2g protein

50g chicken
    55kcal
    12g protein
    Wtf is all this? Just eat less man

Woah bro, too long, didn't read, try to log it in myfitnesspal and give us only your real macros and your goal macros. The names of the food are almost irrelevant (besides trans fats, excess fructose, heavy metal).
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by benjobb View Post
    Woah bro, too long, didn't read, try to log it in myfitnesspal and give us only your real macros and your goal macros. The names of the food are almost irrelevant (besides trans fats, excess fructose, heavy metal).

why is excess fructose a problem?
    Is wine not an essential macro?

Huge avi *******

"The gears will spin and the wheels they’ll turn. As long as I give my fire fuel to burn."