xxalamxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need advice to cut! 13.5 percent bodyfat

I went on a bulk and went up .5 percent in bodyfat. At this point I got the size I want for now. My next goal is a six pack... Only problem is I used to way a ton in middle school. Like around 220 and was 5' 4". I am 185 and 6' 1" at the moment in my senior year. I have alot of loose skin. I would take care of this after I lose the rest of my fat. I want to drop down to 8 - 9 percent bodyfat. And maintain from there and start doing strength training to actually put power behind size. I was thinking to do DTP by kris gethin. Since its cardio from lifting weights. However I would have to eat a **** ton and that would cause me to gain weight. I was thinking about doin intermittent fasting starting this weekend. I want to get rid of my love handles and the flap on my belly. And Ill be happy with were I am at. I need advice on how to do this.

My plan was too:
    Do intermittent fasting for 18 hours and have fasted cardio
    Do weight training for three days a week (Body/back, Legs, Arms/shoulder) what kind of training should i do? low weight high reps?
    Take creatine to keep the muscle? - please let me know about this since im cutting
    Drinking green tea instead of water
    Abs every other day

What else do I need to do? Is there a way to lose weight from my abdomin area? Do you have any other way to do it? I am looking to cut for a month. Any feedback would be appreciated

MrButch138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xxalamxx View Post
    I went on a bulk and went up .5 percent in bodyfat. At this point I got the size I want for now. My next goal is a six pack... Only problem is I used to way a ton in middle school. Like around 220 and was 5' 4". I am 185 and 6' 1" at the moment in my senior year. I have alot of loose skin. I would take care of this after I lose the rest of my fat. I want to drop down to 8 - 9 percent bodyfat. And maintain from there and start doing strength training to actually put power behind size. I was thinking to do DTP by kris gethin. Since its cardio from lifting weights. However I would have to eat a **** ton and that would cause me to gain weight. I was thinking about doin intermittent fasting starting this weekend. I want to get rid of my love handles and the flap on my belly. And Ill be happy with were I am at. I need advice on how to do this.

My plan was too:
    Do weight training for three days a week (Body/back, Legs, Arms/shoulder) what kind of training should i do? low weight high reps?
    Take creatine to keep the muscle? - please let me know about this since im cutting
    Abs every other day

What else do I need to do? Is there a way to lose weight from my abdomin area? Do you have any other way to do it? I am looking to cut for a month. Any feedback would be appreciated

Ok dont hate me for this but Bulking is just stupid! toning up and building ur way up is 100% sure that ur building muscle with bulking ppl tend to get fatty around a muscles looking big then when cuttting ur muscle size would get smaller than u thought it would. anyways dont hate me for the advice.
    anyways since ur talkk its very easy for u to cut.... either IF as u said, great idea, or have a caloric deficit in no time u can be toned! (:

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by MrButch138 View Post
    Ok dont hate me for this but Bulking is just stupid! toning up and building ur way up is 100% sure that ur building muscle with bulking ppl tend to get fatty around a muscles looking big then when cuttting ur muscle size would get smaller than u thought it would. anyways dont hate me for the advice.
    anyways since ur talkk its very easy for u to cut.... either IF as u said, great idea, or have a caloric deficit in no time u can be toned! (:
    Please, don't use the word "tone." It's probably the dumbest word ever.

Anyway, there's no such thing as spot reduction. Sometimes, you'll gather more fat on some areas than others. It's genetic.
    DTP is a poor program imo. If you're thinking "well you can't say that kris gethin looks way better than you!" Yea, he does, but it's still a poor program. Seriously, 2 exercises supersetted? What's wrong with good old-fashioned bodybuilding?

Don't just replace all your water with green tea. That's icky. Water's fine. Caffeine might help with fat loss a bit, but don't go heavy on that stuff.
    Creatine isn't necessary to "keep muscle." The only supplement that could potentially stop you from losing lean muscle mass while dieting is probably celltech. And by celltech I don't mean the muscletech product.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

Ehmarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't do the fasting for 18 hours. Your glycogen stores would be completely depleted which is good for doing cardio, but would get catabolic pretty quickly! I recommend do cardio after your workouts for 30-45 minutes, or days in between. For weight/sets/reps, probs go with light to moderate for first two weeks, getting 10-15 reps, sets of 2-3.
    My workout split at the moment is legs/chest,back/shoulders,forearms/bi's,tri's. Doing abs every other day before cardio.
    Creatine will make your muscles retain more water than normal which will help with look of size but can look a little soft for cutting.
    Don't drink green tea instead of water, a cup a day of tea would be fine(clears up acne and blackheads!)
    For your loose skin, cardio can tighten that up once lower body fat, also take some fish oil pills, they can help with that.

xxalamxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xxalamxx View Post

My plan was too:
    Abs every other day

bump