sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

beginning stages of nutrition

so im just counting calories and today was my first test day, i ate very clean throughout the entire day and it ended up being 2060calories, 25g fat, 235 carbs, and 180g protein ending up being aprox 6%fat/53%carbs/41%protein, i think where i went wrong with the carbs was the 86g that came from the white rice, otherwise whats ur opinion on that for being 185 on bulk?

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You need more fat. Protein and carbs are fine.

It makes not the slightest iota of difference that 86g of carbs came from white rice.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh my. 6% fat? Do not use ratios to determine your calories/macros.

If you read the stickies, you would see that Dietary Fat is an essential macro for hormones and muscle growth. It really doesn't matter what kind of source your carb is because your body is not smart to know what kind of carbs you ate, but rather just digest simple carbs, complex carbs, alien carbs as carbs.

Btw, you aren't bulking anywhere with only 2060 calories.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethryanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Oh my. 6% fat? Do not use ratios to determine your calories/macros.

If you read the stickies, you would see that Dietary Fat is an essential macro for hormones and muscle growth. It really doesn't matter what kind of source your carb is because your body is not smart to know what kind of carbs you ate, but rather just digest simple carbs, complex carbs, alien carbs as carbs.

Btw, you aren't bulking anywhere with only 2060 calories.
    i know ahh...im just now realizeing how much im actually getting for a day. how much would u suggest i aim for on a bulk, and how much on a cut when about 180normally

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Rule of thumb and minimum requirements for protein is 1g of protein per lean body mass (in pounds) and 0.4g of fat per lean body mass (in pounds).

I'm 160lbs but I only have 131lbs of lean body mass, other 29lbs being fat. So I'll eat around 130g~ protein and 53g~ fat.

My diet looks more like 130g protein, 70g fat and 520g carbs -> total of 3200~ calories on a daily basis for my bulk.

But yeah, gotta eat those Dietary Fat man, it's good stuff and regulates your system. A good trick is to eat an egg everyday, eat some nuts, butter on bread, olive oil on salads.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Set a goal & achieve it! mscriven's Avatar
    mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2060 calories as a bulk? Not likely! I'm 186 pounds and eat 2200 a day, and am losing 2 pounds a week. Unless you're super sedentary, you probably wont be gaining at that calorie amount.

Originally Posted by mscriven View Post
    2060 calories as a bulk? Not likely! I'm 186 pounds and eat 2200 a day, and am losing 2 pounds a week. Unless you're super sedentary, you probably wont be gaining at that calorie amount.
    im short and always been real big, if im not cutting i can put on some good size easy

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Rule of thumb and minimum requirements for protein is 1g of protein per lean body mass (in pounds) and 0.4g of fat per lean body mass (in pounds).

I'm 160lbs but I only have 131lbs of lean body mass, other 29lbs being fat. So I'll eat around 130g~ protein and 53g~ fat.

My diet looks more like 130g protein, 70g fat and 520g carbs -> total of 3200~ calories on a daily basis for my bulk.

But yeah, gotta eat those Dietary Fat man, it's good stuff and regulates your system. A good trick is to eat an egg everyday, eat some nuts, butter on bread, olive oil on salads.
    thanks man i really appreciate the advice