gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

First hydrostatic body fat test with pics and detailed report for reference

hey guys i know a lot of you can't afford or couldn't find anywhere to get an accurate BF test one (ME TOO!) but i really really lucked out today. I went to my gym and outside was a huge van/truck thing that had a mobile hydrostatic body fat testing clinic inside! it was really cool and I got a discount for being prior military WOOP! Anyways they give you your body fat percent, weight (on land and on water) lol, and also your resting metabolic rate along with approx daily caloric expenditure.

now i'm not an expert on all these tests and their accuracy, but according to the sticky here on bb.com, the hydrostatic testing is supposed to be pretty accurate right below a dexa scan (which i literally can't find anywhere)

My results were:

height: 4'10"
    body fat %: 11.3%
    weight: 108.0 lbs
    RMR: 1456 cals
    appox daily expenditure: 2080 cals

i was expecting a lot higher BF %, the guy told me to guess it before we started and i said 17% lol i guess i'm too hard on myself... anyways here I put some pics of myself so if any of you wanna guesstimate your bodyfat percent or if you were interested in the test maybe it'll help somebody out! lol i also put a pic of the report. see you guys later !

btw this is on the 5th week of my 12 week cut... gonna bulk afterwards and start my first journal
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gabytheft; 02-09-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: info left on one pic

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    11% wow. And you want to cut for 7 more weeks? Am curious why - just to see how low you can go?
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow!!!! great job! and thanks for posting this. i'm sure others, myself included, will find it helpful
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gabytheft is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    11% wow. And you want to cut for 7 more weeks? Am curious why - just to see how low you can go?
    Well, you know dana linn bailey? She stays pretty lean year round even in the off season! I want to go for something like that.. I want to clean bulk while already being as lean as possible so i don't get fat lol yes i'm one of those people scared of putting on fat on a bulk.

But my nutritionist may stop my cut on week 8. I'm not too sure i should get any leaner if i'm not even planning to compete this year!

And lilramm glad u found it helpful

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gabytheft View Post
    Well, you know dana linn bailey? She stays pretty lean year round even in the off season! I want to go for something like that.. I want to clean bulk while already being as lean as possible so i don't get fat lol yes i'm one of those people scared of putting on fat on a bulk.

But my nutritionist may stop my cut on week 8. I'm not too sure i should get any leaner if i'm not even planning to compete this year!

And lilramm glad u found it helpful
    Yeah DLB is insane lean - all the time it seems. I believe Erin Stern stays pretty lean all year too. I think I said it in your other thread but I bet you are going to do amazing on a bulk.

Might be a good idea to not get too low if you don't need to. I'm sure it's a highly individual thing. Going off my memory here - but wasn't it Julia who a year ago or so who decided to cut to near competition levels (while not competing) and ran into all sorts of metbolic issues and I think it might have been AA who suggested it's not always the wisest to get to comp b/f levels if you don't have to.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah DLB is insane lean - all the time it seems. I believe Erin Stern stays pretty lean all year too. I think I said it in your other thread but I bet you are going to do amazing on a bulk.

Might be a good idea to not get too low if you don't need to. I'm sure it's a highly individual thing. Going off my memory here - but wasn't it Julia who a year ago or so who decided to cut to near competition levels (while not competing) and ran into all sorts of metbolic issues and I think it might have been AA who suggested it's not always the wisest to get to comp b/f levels if you don't have to.
    I know AA explicitly states that "genetically leaner" individuals will partition more toward muscle when starting very lean but it is not equivalent for "dieted lean" individuals. The only thing for those who have dieted down is it will give them an extra pound or so to gain back, so maybe two weeks to a month longer for a bulk.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Yeah I don't even want to continue on it much longer either way, because i don't want to experience strength loss. thankfully my lifts have maintained, some even gotten better throughout the whole cut. but now that i look half decent gonna see if i can finish this 8 weeks then just eat at maintenance for a couple weeks and begin the bulk for this year!

thanks for the info guys

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow please keep up with the progress pics. Such a great change, how long did you bulk for again? Mirin abs. You look lean. Good job I'm sure you'll do well in your comp

marinajason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A big wow . Amazing results. These are really helpful for me. Gabytheft , I am happy with your good decision. Keep it up.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Health and safety training course and asbestos training at http://www.medwaysafety.co.uk/

GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's great! I'd love to get an accurate BF assessment as I've never had one done. Beautiful quads btw.
    FSU "Go Noles!"

the pics are back up guys i had to edit one pic because i left my info on it lol!

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Wow please keep up with the progress pics. Such a great change, how long did you bulk for again? Mirin abs. You look lean. Good job I'm sure you'll do well in your comp
    hey thanks i am feeling so motivated! I did a pretty clean bulk for like 3 months then I attempted to eat at maintenance for about 2 more months and then in the holiday I went really crazy so we will call that an extremely dirty bulk lol for the last 2 months. then in january was when i got my **** straight. When I finish up this cut. (most likely 3 more weeks, waiting for my coach to tell me what he wants) I will post the pics of when I started, and when I ended. The change is ridiculous!! This is the first time i've had a coach and it really really helped!!

oh yeah and another thing that might not seem significant but it was to me, is I quit drinking! every since my gains have been phenomenal. i've experienced little to no strength loss in the gym and i feel freaking great. idk if it's just me but it made a huge impact

Originally Posted by GreekyBeth View Post
    That's great! I'd love to get an accurate BF assessment as I've never had one done. Beautiful quads btw.
    check out their website they have the mobile clinic in different areas in the country it's bodyfattest.com and thank you so much btw! quads were my weakest part but i have been putting in soooo much work into them. i want some freakin symmetry lol

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gabytheft View Post
    the pics are back up guys i had to edit one pic because i left my info on it lol!
    hey thanks i am feeling so motivated! I did a pretty clean bulk for like 3 months then I attempted to eat at maintenance for about 2 more months and then in the holiday I went really crazy so we will call that an extremely dirty bulk lol for the last 2 months. then in january was when i got my **** straight. When I finish up this cut. (most likely 3 more weeks, waiting for my coach to tell me what he wants) I will post the pics of when I started, and when I ended. The change is ridiculous!! This is the first time i've had a coach and it really really helped!!

oh yeah and another thing that might not seem significant but it was to me, is I quit drinking! every since my gains have been phenomenal. i've experienced little to no strength loss in the gym and i feel freaking great. idk if it's just me but it made a huge impact
    Awesome, I don't drink lol. Thinking I may need to bulk lol just picking the right time!

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Awesome, I don't drink lol. Thinking I may need to bulk lol just picking the right time!
    lol good i am joining the no drinking crew i've been good since new years XD just turned 21 last year so it was a tough decision to game but bodybuilding comes first. haha and i say go for it so we can see how far we can get in a few months! i just started reading your journal btw good stuff.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Going off my memory here - but wasn't it Julia who a year ago or so who decided to cut to near competition levels (while not competing) and ran into all sorts of metbolic issues
    from memory . . . julia also said she had pre-existing hormonal issues. and if the grapevine serves me well, she started to binge and compensate by doing a lot of cardio after she started to implement IF. so those problems may have been more psychological in origin than anything else.

i love me some gossip.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."