dontwannaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Workout Any Good?

Iv been working out for over a year now and I have lost weight and gained muscle. I have kind of plateaued at 150 pounds and im 5' 5". Id like to lose more weight and maybe gain a little more muscle, but my goal is to just look athletic. I still have belly fat that is over my abs, but I know there is muscle there.

I do the same workout 5 days a week. Rest on weekends. I bring 1 serving of a protein powder shake with me (27oz of water) to the gym and usually finish it by the time im done with cardio.

My workout:

30 min of cardio, 3 min warmup included: 1 min at incline 5 and speed of 8, 1 min rest at incline 5 speed of 3.5.
    10 min cooldown on track
    About an hour of weight training with rest.

Now I am not really good with the terms for the machines and exercises so bear with me. I had a personal trainer to help start me off but that was a long time ago.

1x set of 12 pull ups with no counter weight
    1-3 sets of bar dips with no counter weight
    1x set of 12 dumbbell fly 35ibs
    1x set of 12 dumbbell incline 35ibs
    1x set of 12 dumbbell 35ibs
    1x set of 12 wide push ups
    1x set of 12 triangle push ups
    2-3 sets of 12+ leg press at 85 pounds
    2-3 sets of 12 wide lat pulls 110ibs
    2-3 sets of 12 lat pulls at 110ibs
    1-2 sets of 12 uhh crew like pulls at 110ibs
    2-3 sets of 12+ crunches until it hurts on the ab machine at 110ibs
    1 set of 20ish lunges with 50ibs added
    1-2 sets of 12 with this machine where you put your arm behind the pad and push till they meet at your face at 100ibs

After doing all of this I usually cant physically lift anymore and am dead tired. I try to mix up the order so I do lower body while upper body rests.

Recommendations?

cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dontwannaname View Post
    Iv been working out for over a year now and I have lost weight and gained muscle. I have kind of plateaued at 150 pounds and im 5' 5". Id like to lose more weight and maybe gain a little more muscle, but my goal is to just look athletic. I still have belly fat that is over my abs, but I know there is muscle there.

I do the same workout 5 days a week. Rest on weekends. I bring 1 serving of a protein powder shake with me (27oz of water) to the gym and usually finish it by the time im done with cardio.

My workout:

30 min of cardio, 3 min warmup included: 1 min at incline 5 and speed of 8, 1 min rest at incline 5 speed of 3.5.
    10 min cooldown on track
    About an hour of weight training with rest.

Now I am not really good with the terms for the machines and exercises so bear with me. I had a personal trainer to help start me off but that was a long time ago.

1x set of 12 pull ups with no counter weight
    1-3 sets of bar dips with no counter weight
    1x set of 12 dumbbell fly 35ibs
    1x set of 12 dumbbell incline 35ibs
    1x set of 12 dumbbell 35ibs
    1x set of 12 wide push ups
    1x set of 12 triangle push ups
    2-3 sets of 12+ leg press at 85 pounds
    2-3 sets of 12 wide lat pulls 110ibs
    2-3 sets of 12 lat pulls at 110ibs
    1-2 sets of 12 uhh crew like pulls at 110ibs
    2-3 sets of 12+ crunches until it hurts on the ab machine at 110ibs
    1 set of 20ish lunges with 50ibs added
    1-2 sets of 12 with this machine where you put your arm behind the pad and push till they meet at your face at 100ibs

After doing all of this I usually cant physically lift anymore and am dead tired. I try to mix up the order so I do lower body while upper body rests.

Recommendations?
    Sorry bro but that's horrible...
    First off its too much volume for one day. Second, you're not letting your muscles rest. You can't work out the same muscle everyday. It needs at least a full days rest. I suggest you follow a program on this site. These programs are created by pplmthat know the science of bodybuilding and live it.

Tutigers89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cba133110 View Post
    Sorry bro but that's horrible...
    First off its too much volume for one day. Second, you're not letting your muscles rest. You can't work out the same muscle everyday. It needs at least a full days rest. I suggest you follow a program on this site. These programs are created by pplmthat know the science of bodybuilding and live it.
    I agree with this. When I first started I thought I could make my own routine and get to where I wanted to be. It worked at first (because of noob gains) then I wasn't having any progress. I finally got rid of my stubbornness and tried a proven workout from the stickies. Since then I have made tremendous gains. You are not experienced enough to make your own routine. After you have picked the right program for you make sure your diet is in check. Diet is a huge part no matter what your goals are. Good luck.

Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have your weight already preset like that you will not make gains, especially as repetitive as it is. Way too much volume
    http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2012/fd/tokenspullups/sewell/

10,000 Pulls for 1000 Dollars for Young Adult Cancer survivors through the organization First Descents. Click the link and learn and hopefully donate.

Currently 1087 dollars raised and 5615 pull ups done in the last 26 days (October 16,2012)
    New goal of 1500

525+ 275 + 345 = 1145 total

dontwannaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thing is, I dont like a lot of exercises and hate stretching with a passion haha. I do the same workout because I am comfortable and know how to do them. Its become routine, but I knew something was wrong when I stopped gaining weight and muscle...