BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Don't belong in the man misc, but I'd appreciate answers

I hit someone lightly ( fender bender ) have to appear in court in about three weeks time for it. Odds of getting liscense suspended? And for how long? I'm 16 and in Ohio

BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Unless you were driving impaired, you will not get suspended.

That is the least of your worries. Your insurance premiums just doubled. Be careful out there Stew. Little things often have big consequences.
    I understand the insurance of course. I have to appear in court, and I know Ohio likes to suspend em. I got 2 friends who've hit people and lost theirs, so I'm not sure.

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you familiar with your state's rules? http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/graduated_dl_teen_laws.stm#tog Looks like you'll be okay. Were you issued any tickets, like running a stop sign or light? Might change things. Like eomrat says, insurance is a bitch. Be careful out there.

Teen Driving Laws -
    House Bill 343

Effective April 6, 2007, this legislation placed certain restrictions on the operation of motor vehicles by probationary license holders and temporary instruction permit holders who are less than 18 years of age.

Changes included the following:

Probationary driver license holders under the age of 17 [ - ]
    are not permitted to operate a motor vehicle with more than one person who is not a family member in the vehicle, unless accompanied by the license holder's parent, guardian, or legal custodian. Studies conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have shown that one passenger doubles the risk of a crash among teen drivers, two passengers triple the risk, and three or more passengers increase the risk by more than six.
    are prohibited from driving between midnight and 6 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent or guardian with the same exceptions as above. This is a change to the previous restriction of 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.
    is convicted of having committed one moving violation during the first six months of having a driver's license, the person may be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian whenever operating a motor vehicle during the six-month period commencing on the date on which the person is convicted of or pleads guilty to the moving violation or until the person turns 17.

Graduated Driver Licensing

Graduated licensing allows young drivers to improve their skills and driving habits, and restricts nighttime driving, when most teen driver accidents occur.

TIPIC & Probationary License Suspension Rules [ - ]
    TIPIC holders and probationary license holders will be suspended for one year for accruing 3 moving violations before age18.
    TIPIC holders and probationary license holders may be suspended for six months if convicted of certain traffic-related violations before age 18.
    TIPIC holders and probationary license holders who are convicted of certain alcohol-related violations (4511.11 D.U.I.) before age 18 will be suspended for six months. If the offender is not yet 15½, the offender will not be eligible for a TIPIC until the age of 16.
    Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

Moving citation. Forget what it was called (4 letters ) pretty much my adequate stopping distance

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never heard of anyone losing their license for having an accident. Unless you were dong something legal, an accident is just that an accident.

But because you hit him in the back (almost always your fault) your insurance will go up.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I never heard of anyone losing their license for having an accident. Unless you were dong something legal, an accident is just that an accident.

But because you hit him in the back (almost always your fault) your insurance will go up.
    Couldn't the citation get it suspended since I'm young?

kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigStewTheJew View Post
    No, we all make mistakes, just learn from them and Don't do it again. If you have it happen twice in a short period of time, then you might kiss your license good bye for a while.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have some discretionary $$ and you really need to drive, you may want to talk to a lawyer. Cost nothin' in most instances for a consultation. Other than that, dress nicely, tuck in yer shirt... and be super polite to the judge.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the mere fact that he has to appear in court, for a small fender bender, tells you, that YES, it is possible in his state, that they might consider that a violation of new driver "parole"....

if you do have it suspended, take it as a easy way out life lesson, and stop tailgating from now, which is what you were probably doing.
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd be more worried about daddy,

just kidding young fella, hope it works out for you

be careful and lets us know the outcome.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If others have had thiers suspended, you could too. Be smart in court, that will help.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

A friend I know who had a fender bender told me that before even seeing the judge they suspended everyone's liscense who had a citation before the age of 16 and a half

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Court appearance for a fender bender??...seems pretty harsh. I had a minor fender bender a long time ago and my wife rear ended someone and totalled her car several years back but there was never a court appearance. The officer wrote out the tickets and we filed our insurance claims and that was the end of it. This is in FL, must be different in other states or maybe I'm just old and things have changed since then, lol
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Control what you can control:

Your attitude in court, including dress. Don't be a punk. Adults typically hate punk kids and I can't imagine a judge who is subjected to them multiple times per day is going to be forgiving at all. You don't have to wear a suit but show respect of the court in every way, even if the judge turns out to be a complete dip****.

Take any criticisms or comments graciously if they are provided. Don't lie, twist, or exaggerate anything. Be honest and fess up to where you made mistakes if asked. Don't run your mouth and do not bull**** the judge.

Don't worry about what you can't control:

Having to appear in court. If that's the rule that's the rule.
    Whether or not they suspend your license. That's going to be what it's going to be. Best you can do is stack the odds in your favor.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    the mere fact that he has to appear in court, for a small fender bender, tells you, that YES, it is possible in his state, that they might consider that a violation of new driver "parole"....

if you do have it suspended, take it as a easy way out life lesson, and stop tailgating from now, which is what you were probably doing.
    Kid had just gotton his car and was screwing around with it for the last 300 yards by accelearting and slamming on breaks and chit. He accelerated and stomped break super fast, and I just didn't stop in time.

And yeah I'll sound intelligent, and I am wearing a suit.

bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    With texting and driving being a big issue coupled with your age, they probably want to put you in front of a judge and find out if you were being a responsible driver or if you were screwin around. Could be part of a scare tactic too, you know "show em how serious it can be so they shape up". When I was younger I had to go to court for a speeding ticket, it was mostly the judge just wanted to tell me how driving is a privilege not a right, and that that privilege can be taken away if its abused.

As others said, if you are really concerned, get a lawyer. Remember dress nicely, be on time, be honest when asked a question, don't go into details that weren't asked for, and be respectful..yes and no answers should be "yes sir/ma'am" and "no sir/ma'am". Remember body language can speak volumes too, so stand up straight, pay attention to what is being said, look the judge in the eye but don't stare him/her down, don't act or look bored and never roll your eyes. Being polite and respectful can go a long way and could be the determining factor whether you get a fine and/or driving school time or lose your license.

Originally Posted by bmccurdy View Post
    With texting and driving being a big issue coupled with your age, they probably want to put you in front of a judge and find out if you were being a responsible driver or if you were screwin around. Could be part of a scare tactic too, you know "show em how serious it can be so they shape up". When I was younger I had to go to court for a speeding ticket, it was mostly the judge just wanted to tell me how driving is a privilege not a right, and that that privilege can be taken away if its abused.

As others said, if you are really concerned, get a lawyer. Remember dress nicely, be on time, be honest when asked a question, don't go into details that weren't asked for, and be respectful..yes and no answers should be "yes sir/ma'am" and "no sir/ma'am". Remember body language can speak volumes too, so stand up straight, pay attention to what is being said, look the judge in the eye but don't stare him/her down, don't act or look bored and never roll your eyes. Being polite and respectful can go a long way and could be the determining factor whether you get a fine and/or driving school time or lose your license.
    Thanks for the advice brah

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, you do not need a lawyer.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Will also point out that the cop said I might get lucky and if I do get a suspension, they might be light with it because of living in an only-parent home, they might feel I need my license more. Only problem is people told me that if your under 16 and a half you get 3-6 months before even facing the judge, so I don't know how'd he know that.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post

Your attitude in court, including dress. Don't be a punk. Adults typically hate punk kids and I can't imagine a judge who is subjected to them multiple times per day is going to be forgiving at all. You don't have to wear a suit but show respect of the court in every way, even if the judge turns out to be a complete dip****.
    In other words don't act like this!

There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post

Take any criticisms or comments graciously if they are provided. Don't lie, twist, or exaggerate anything. Be honest and fess up to where you made mistakes if asked. Don't run your mouth and do not bull**** the judge.

Don't worry about what you can't control:

Having to appear in court. If that's the rule that's the rule.
    Whether or not they suspend your license. That's going to be what it's going to be. Best you can do is stack the odds in your favor.
    ^^
    This is some great advice. Present yourself in the best possible manner . . . respectful (yes, your honor--no, your honor) and honest and take responsibility. Judges hear excuses all day long. Taking responsibility can go a long way. I had a court appearance in downtown Denver once for an accident--not a great neighborhood. Driving record was clean to that point, but every single person ahead of me had an excuse for why they weren't responsible for why they were there. When I stood up, the judge asked me what happened and I told him. "Stupid mistake on my part--thought I saw one thing but turned out to be incorrect, never should have happened, etc." He said he appreciated the honesty and all but dismissed the charges (took it down to 1 point and no fine).

So not sure what the law is where you are or what might happen. But act like a kid with a good head on your shoulders and be polite/respectful/honest and you'll probably stand a better chance of the lesser or any punishments at the court's discretion.

Good luck! Tough and expensive lessons to learn, but move on from it as best as you can.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kid had just gotton his car and was screwing around with it for the last 300 yards by accelearting and slamming on breaks and chit. He accelerated and stomped break super fast, and I just didn't stop in time.
    You must have just gotten your license too, given your age. One word of advice from an old coot: give lots of space to the idiots and jackasses. You knew he was accelerating and slamming on the brakes - that should have been a warning to hang back. Don't let your macho get in the way.

Good luck!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine