blue6366 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Loose Belly Skin

Does anyone have any tips for how to effectively tighten up loose belly skin? I'm 45 years old and have had 6 children and a hysterectomy so my skin sags mainly above the incision line.

As for my diet - I eat a clean diet of mainly veggies/fruits with some meat and grains, etc. (For example today I will be having for breakfast: egg quiche made with 2 whites/1 whole egg ratio, spinach, turkey bacon & 50% reduced cheddar and some pepper relish. Lunch is a brown/red rice blend with grilled chicken, grilled squash and a V8. Snacks will be greek yogurt and one applegate uncured turkey dog. Dinner will be a large salad with flaxseed oil dressing and grilled chicken. Other than that I'll be drinking water and taking my supplements.)

I'm fairly active going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week for strength training and 20 to 30 minutes of cardio. I also participate in other activities such as taking the dogs for a 1 - 2 mile walk (not daily as it depends on weather), bowling and cycling. And I work my abs in and out of the gym several days a week.

I have seen a 1" reduction in my baby pouch but after a month or better there has been no change at all and this is driving me nuts. I come with a history of anorexia so this is a real struggle for me with body image even though I know that I am in no way "fat" but I'm also tired of looking in the mirror and crying over belly skin that I can't seem to make go away.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100) bobky2012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I hear it takes time. I have the same loose skin problem on my lower abs after a loss of 95 pounds good luck

skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50) skrak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My wife has struggled with this as well. It's fairly common after having kids and in my wifes case she was older when she had them, 38ish for our youngest. What we have been told by the drs is that everyone is different. Sometimes the skins elasticity gets to the point that it just cant tighten back up. Think of a rubber band that has been stretched for too long, it never goes all the way back.

There is really only 2 things you can do. 1. Be patient , sometimes it tightens up over time. 2. Find good plastic surgeon and have a small tummy tuck. in and out procedure , fairly painless for the skin only type and really not to pricey.

Best of luck!

jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdrub will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Apple cider vinegar

Been told by some it helps, might be temporary but ill find out, as I prep for my show, I've been applying it around my lower abs and love handle area where I have loose skin.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-amateur-of-the-week-iron-workhorse.html

No free lunch here, you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band!

blue6366 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdrub View Post
    Been told by some it helps, might be temporary but ill find out, as I prep for my show, I've been applying it around my lower abs and love handle area where I have loose skin.
    Sounds interesting. I know it's good for a lot of things so might be worth a shot. thanks