Dezlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

40 on the indoor track.

Last year I ran a 4.67 on turf with cleats. I felt pretty confident that I would get a 4.5 this time on the indoor track. The indoor track weh have is smooth concrete indoor track. I ran and my best was 4.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very aggravated. I just want to know if you run your 40 slower on indoor track.

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    On a track with track spikes it will be faster, but on a concrete track with regular shoes it will be slower.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Running for my life. The Running Man's Avatar
    The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    0. Most importantly: How was it timed? Electronically or hand timed? If it was hand timed you can disregard everything below because there's too much inconsistency to even make it worth thinking about.

1. An indoor track made out of concrete, are you sure? If that really is the case, concrete, despite being hard, is not a great sprinting surface.

2. What kind of footwear did you have during the second attempt. Cleats on field turf will allow more aggressive pushing than sneakers on a slick concrete surface.

3. It's possible you just ran slower. You haven't ran 40's in a year, it's not as if you're well practiced and highly consistent.

I ran with beat up tennis shoes and my friend told me I was flying. so what do you think Id run with cleats on turf????

Well, I am squating and doing my plyometrics, Idk how I got slower...

The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dezlim View Post
    Well, I am squating and doing my plyometrics, Idk how I got slower...
    Ok, but have you been sprinting?

That's like saying you don't understand why your squat max went down because you've been doing sprints.

Speed is specific, you need to train it.

[QUOTE=The Running Man;1022408623]Ok, but have you been sprinting?

That's like saying you don't understand why your squat max went down because you've been doing sprints.

Speed is specific, you need to train it.[/QUOTe

yes Ihave been sprinting before

I ran with beat up tennis shoes and my friend told me I was flying. so what do you think Id run with cleats on turf????
    You might as well throw out your entire basis for measurement.

40yrd dash times are only relevant with a touch pad, timing gates, on turf, with cleats.

I think you ran slower because you ran in crap shoes, on a crap surface, without a proper timing setup.

Also, if you're not getting properly coached it's possible to train not get any faster. Sprinting is highly technical. Minor mistakes cost a lot of time.

Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post
    You might as well throw out your entire basis for measurement.

40yrd dash times are only relevant with a touch pad, timing gates, on turf, with cleats.

I think you ran slower because you ran in crap shoes, on a crap surface, without a proper timing setup.

Also, if you're not getting properly coached it's possible to train not get any faster. Sprinting is highly technical. Minor mistakes cost a lot of time.

One more thing, my friends telle me that i run wierd. I usually sprint with my toes. they say I look like im tiptoeing but 100 times faster..

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    40 is the most overrated drill in high school because there are ZERO standards. When you ran your 40 outside it could have easily been wind aided or whomever ran the stop watch did a bad job. Same if you ran indoor if the person doing the stopwatch did a bad job your times will be off. I've seen so many kids claim to run a 4.5 in high school then when they get to college run a 4.8 because of real timing systems.
    The 40 is also such a technical sprint people do not realize it. If you do not know how to explode off the line, a proper stance, keeping you head down at the beginning, how to properly stride, proper arm swing, leg drive ECT then your not running your best times. Its like trying to bench when you have never lifted, you may be strong but it won't fully show because you do not know the techniques.
    One of the best/cheapest way to get a more accurate time is to video tape it from a high distance such as top of bleachers. Once you video tape it grab a couple buddies and each of you time it at least 5 times. Its not the most accurate way to do things but its much better than having one guy stand and time with no video replay. My college has 4 coaches time each sprint and they give you an unofficial time. The whole time its being video taped, they then take the video and have all 10 coaches on staff time each sprint 3 times to get the most accurate time possible.

BodyStrykes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Essentially it sounds like you are just looking for somebody to give you an out on why you ran slower. You will obviously run slower on a concrete track with "crappy shoes", but not 2.3 seconds slower. I'm not sure why you are even too concerned with the reasons it could be slower if you just named a few excuses why it could. If you really ran a 4.67 forty time like you claimed with turf cleats on turf the only way you will get your time back to there is by repeating the steps you took to run that time, i.e. turf spikes and turf.

Originally Posted by BodyStrykes View Post
    Essentially it sounds like you are just looking for somebody to give you an out on why you ran slower. You will obviously run slower on a concrete track with "crappy shoes", but not 2.3 seconds slower. I'm not sure why you are even too concerned with the reasons it could be slower if you just named a few excuses why it could. If you really ran a 4.67 forty time like you claimed with turf cleats on turf the only way you will get your time back to there is by repeating the steps you took to run that time, i.e. turf spikes and turf.
    I was 135 then and put on 26 pounds from bulking. but im leaning out for track now.

I was 135 then and put on 26 pounds from bulking. but im leaning out for track now.
    /thread.