morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) morpheeum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Doing everything "by the book", still not impressed with progress

Background long story short - Was 110 kg overweight, dropped weight with counting calories and cardio to 80 kg (March 2012), started going to a gym with a personal trainer (May 2012), did the usual ****ty splits (now I know better) with light dumbbells, all while still on a cut. Started bulk from 85 kg to 96 kg (August 2012), got more fat than muscle.

Now - cutting weight (since December 2012), currently back to 88 kg, but still not impressed with my gym performance or the looks (picture attached).

I count calories with Myfitnesspal (being real nazi with it lately, no eating out etc. - basically I eat only what I cook or what I can correctly measure), do All Pro beginners routine for the past 1 month with I guess OKish results (4-5 times in Gym / week). I don't do broscience, read these forums every day etc etc.

Still - I go to the "Post your pictures" forums and see people doing this bodybuilding thing for less than me (Im doing it for like 9 months) and have monster physiques. I don't really get it - some "before/after" pictures are crazy, up to the point that I doubt the authenticity of them. What's wrong with me, what else do I need to do to get to the all-famous 6-pack abs?

Feeling kinda down lately, wanted to rant a bit about this..
    Attached Images

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm no expert but when you bulked you gain 11 kgs (about 25 pounds) in 3 months. This seems way too fast. Were you hoping to bulk at that rate?

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself as well. I wouldn't count the months you were working with the personal trainer as it didn't benefit you really. You dropped a lot of weight and should be proud of that. I haven't seen too many monsters that have trained for less than 9 months. Keep your head up man. Do you have any pictures of when you were at 110 kg? Looking at them should cheer you up and remind you of the success you've had.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kaciuks1 View Post
    Play lineage
    what?
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

lwjk12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would take from losing the weight that you did an excellent job and should be proud. As far as gaining and losing weight. You have to decide in the long run what you want to look like. If you want to thin out then continue with what your doing. If you want to increase muscle tone then you need to make sure your eating enough and honestly unless your dedicated for a very long time your going to have to gain some fat back. I always tell people you have to get a little ugly(gain some fat weight) in order to bulk up gain the muscle you want and then after that you can cut back down and keep that muscle that you just put on. hope this helps

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by morpheeum View Post
    Background long story short - Was 110 kg overweight, dropped weight with counting calories and cardio to 80 kg (March 2012), started going to a gym with a personal trainer (May 2012), did the usual ****ty splits (now I know better) with light dumbbells, all while still on a cut. Started bulk from 85 kg to 96 kg (August 2012), got more fat than muscle.

Now - cutting weight (since December 2012), currently back to 88 kg, but still not impressed with my gym performance or the looks (picture attached).

I count calories with Myfitnesspal (being real nazi with it lately, no eating out etc. - basically I eat only what I cook or what I can correctly measure), do All Pro beginners routine for the past 1 month with I guess OKish results (4-5 times in Gym / week). I don't do broscience, read these forums every day etc etc.

Still - I go to the "Post your pictures" forums and see people doing this bodybuilding thing for less than me (Im doing it for like 9 months) and have monster physiques. I don't really get it - some "before/after" pictures are crazy, up to the point that I doubt the authenticity of them. What's wrong with me, what else do I need to do to get to the all-famous 6-pack abs?

How is your cardio? When you eat no matter if you are cooking or not you will always have fats in your diet and this is a good thing. If you are not doing cardio then you are not burning the fat. This mean though you lift like a monster in the gym, you cant see the results because the fat that is on your body is blocking the progress that you have really made. So i suggest cardio cardio cardio and lots of protein. I know at the moment i dont have those abs either but I am working towards them again since i used to be lean and swole before i shot up to 500 pounds with messed up knee. You can do this just focus and burn that fat that is keeping you from seeing your real gains also remember you have to eat fats to maintain healthy living, fish oils(omega 3s)etc

Are you supplementing?

atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sometimes going by the book can be the wrong thing to do. if your doing certain things
    and your body is reacting well stick to that for a while, but dont rely on it keep your body
    guessing. a huge part of bodybuilding is knowing what works for your body and it may take a
    while to figure this out. different diets work better for different people. also same with working out
    if you find bench press is ****ing your shoulders up for example dont do it, do chest press.
    just because people say its good doesnt mean its good for you. its about
    figuring out what works best for your body mate there is no specific book really. keep your head up
    its the times when we look in the mirror and see little progress is what makes a true champion.

HM37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by morpheeum View Post

Yeah the before and afters do seem suspicious not necessarily on here but on some ******** groups, it seems that: the time frames are fabricated, they are on cell tech, and/or they have elite genetics. I think we have to accept that muscle growth is a slow process, and this is a long term lifestyle choice.

PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey bro. there's so much I don't know about you obviously lol. But one thing a book can't give you is INTENSITY. That I am coming to learn is really the #1 factor in seeing results. Dieting and workouts can work for anyone to a point, when your body starts to stall, or you arent seeing the results you want, and really are doing almost everythign right, then it just may be INTENSITY that is lacking. Pushing your body past the worst it's been through to get it the greatest it could ever be

300 Spartan Crew Helot theeperry's Avatar
    theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What he said ^^^^
    And you might want to look into a personal trainer... also if you want to bulk imo add 2 - 3 lb a month max. And when cut 8lb a month max. I dn if your macs are proper. Also you should be doin 6meals a day with out a prob. If you have any questions feel free to ask or add me. Wish u the best man.. ps it takes years of hard work and consistency. Keep progress pics to see progress
    Gym / competition (raw classic)
    S- 530 / 505
    B- 350 / 335
    D- 585 / 575
    Cj- 264/ 264
    Sn-220/ 220

http://www.********.com/JoshPerryTheePerry

haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) haunter90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by theeperry View Post
    What he said ^^^^
    And you might want to look into a personal trainer... also if you want to bulk imo add 2 - 3 lb a month max. And when cut 8lb a month max. I dn if your macs are proper. Also you should be doin 6meals a day with out a prob. If you have any questions feel free to ask or add me. Wish u the best man.. ps it takes years of hard work and consistency. Keep progress pics to see progress
    he already said he had a personal trainer

300 Spartan Crew Helot theeperry's Avatar
    theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50) theeperry will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by haunter90 View Post
    he already said he had a personal trainer
    Ah sorry, read right over that. If u want to build, 45min of compound lifts will do it. If u want to be lean 30-45 min of high rep, high intensity will do it. Diet is most of it. Eat lean. Minimal 6 meals a day.
    Gym / competition (raw classic)
    S- 530 / 505
    B- 350 / 335
    D- 585 / 575
    Cj- 264/ 264
    Sn-220/ 220

http://www.********.com/JoshPerryTheePerry

Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    How is your cardio? When you eat no matter if you are cooking or not you will always have fats in your diet and this is a good thing. If you are not doing cardio then you are not burning the fat. This mean though you lift like a monster in the gym, you cant see the results because the fat that is on your body is blocking the progress that you have really made. So i suggest cardio cardio cardio and lots of protein. I know at the moment i dont have those abs either but I am working towards them again since i used to be lean and swole before i shot up to 500 pounds with messed up knee. You can do this just focus and burn that fat that is keeping you from seeing your real gains also remember you have to eat fats to maintain healthy living, fish oils(omega 3s)etc

Are you supplementing?
    OFF TOPIC: I have family near you...
    Eat. Sleep. Lift.