MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Experienced lifters here: Exercise ordering - requesting advice

I've decided upon much recommendation through both my friends/confidants and respected peers/gymbros that I will be giving the DC ( Dantes Doggcrapp ) method a try for the next year and on up until I am no longer satisfied with it. Assuming of course I have sufficiently read up on it enough to where I can put it to practice properly.

Without getting into the details about the routine in itself, it essentially goes by a Monday - Wednesday - Friday ordering where it's an A1 - B1 - A2 - B2 - A3 - B3

You have chest / shoulders / triceps / Back for workout A and biceps / forearms / calves / hamstrings / quads for workout B

You pick three lifts for each body-part to cycle through A and B's 1, 2, 3 and you keep those lifts until you've sufficiently failed to progress on them.

- THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD -

I have certain goals so-far-as growing specific muscle groups is concerned. I'm trying to focus on Back, chest and arms ( Shoulders, biceps and triceps in that priority )

After having come off bottom heavy routines for the past year + I would like to hammer myself into better proportions while trying something completely different than what I've experienced so-far routine wise.

My experience isn't the best all things considered, I've only done barbell compound movements and am not familiar enough with secondary muscle group involvements in most motions/lifts so I'd like for anybody willing to take a gander at what I've slopped together to see if it coincides with my goals.

I want two things essentially

1) Are these good lifts to acquire what I'm looking for ( in regards to how and what muscles they target ) - If not what should be swapped for what and where?

and,

2) The ordering of the lifts and the efficiency of target muscles hit in the two week time span. - reading this to myself I feel I'm having trouble explaining what I mean with simple words, to clarify In workout A1 if I picked lifts that targeted my chest heavy and triceps not-so-much I would think the goal for A2 would be to also still hit my chest sufficiently, but not too hard as to let them rest while attacking my tris a bit more to makeup/capitalize on their rested state from the easier A day prior. Does that make sense?

I want to make sure I have my lifts in order, their ordering in order and the priorities met to build on the muscles I'm lacking in.

Workout A1
    Incline Bench press
    Upright row
    Rev grip bench press
    Lat pulldown
    Cable row

Workout B1
    Weighted chinups
    Behind wrist curls
    Seated calf raise
    lying curl
    Leg press

Workout A2
    Chest flyes
    Face pulls
    Weighted dips T+C
    Weighted pullups
    Deadlift

Workout B2
    Preacher curls
    Plate hold
    BB calf raise
    Heavy lunges
    Barbell hack squat

Workout A3
    Dumbbell Chest press
    Push press
    Close grip bench press
    Bent over row
    T-bar row

Workout B3
    Dumbbell curls
    Reverse barbell curl
    Standing calf raise
    SLDL
    Squat

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MrZombieSteve; 02-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.

MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Additionally,

Without having a S**t - hurricane rain down on my parade here I'll just toss out a few ib4's I would like everyone to consider before posting.

ib4 questioning if I'm experienced enough to be trying this
    ib4 whether or not this routine is worth trying
    ib4 its going to be too intense - I have confidence I can suffer through any hardships so long as I get the result I seek.
    ***all constructive feedback/criticism is welcome however***
    ib4 crap-posting
    ib4 'my way or the high-way - opinionisms
    If you have a routine to suggest as I'm sure somebody is bound to do, try giving me sufficient explanation as to why.

All I want help with is in direct lift ordering and how they pertain to my goals.

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Already had read it a few times and unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated none the less.

those are 'considered the best for each bodypart' However I think that's a bit relative as in everybody being different and me having specific goals different from those of a more balanced and experienced lifter. Hey though, if all else fails *what I end up choosing lifts wise included* I can always fall back on this at least.

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The link I posted has a full routine at the end, study it and take notes.

It looks like you have the basics down just some of your exercise selection is off a bit. Your only doing one money set a day so big lifts are where its at, ditch the upright rows-flies-face pulls. Also BB row vs. T-bar row isn't a big difference.... if you look at the link I posted you should be able to figure it out.