Thread: Knee wraps

L1nks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee wraps

Hi, i had knee surgery about 9 months ago, doc said i could go back to lifting, but he's always rushed and gives me vague answers. he said to wear a brace or something of the sort and what not, but i feel like the one i have right now doesn't really do much for me, would knee wraps be more of a benefit to me? like for squat/deadlift (i had surgery on my lcl, and i had torn through all my cartilage and ate away at my bone) But overall i get a tad bit of pain, and a bit of a feeling of instability when i go to the heavier weights.

If so, what knee wraps are recommended?

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    inzer makes some of the best quality stuff. I am not giving a recommendation specific to your injury, just simply stating they're a quality knee wrap if you want to get some. I'm sure EliteFTS makes good ones as well.
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you should get a specific recommendation from your doctor or physical therapist.

Failing that, you might find the following video to be of interest:

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by L1nks View Post
    Hi, i had knee surgery about 9 months ago, doc said i could go back to lifting, but he's always rushed and gives me vague answers. he said to wear a brace or something of the sort and what not, but i feel like the one i have right now doesn't really do much for me, would knee wraps be more of a benefit to me? like for squat/deadlift (i had surgery on my lcl, and i had torn through all my cartilage and ate away at my bone) But overall i get a tad bit of pain, and a bit of a feeling of instability when i go to the heavier weights.

If so, what knee wraps are recommended?
    I would pick up a pair of the Inzer adjusable knee sleeves.

Basically, you can crank them as much or as little as you want, while also providing warmth to the joint.

So you could start out giving yourself a lot of support as you get back into training. Then, once you get stronger, you can crank them less and less, to where you just use them as a sleeve to trap heat.

These things are serious beasts. For awhile when they first came out, these were considered "sleeves" for the sake of Raw lifting in the IPF and stuff. So everyone bought these, cranked them down, and basically did the lifts with knee wraps even though it was technically "raw"

You can buy them over at inzer's website or maybe some other places resell such as prowriststraps.com etc.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?p...LEEVES_KNEE_XT

gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if i were you considering how bad your injuries were, i would not be using a wrap. its basically just a bit of material wrapped round your leg, I dont think the benefit of that will be very noticable.
    With injuries that bad, i would be getting a proper leg brace, you see injured motorcycle racers sometimes wearing them, they've come on far from years ago, there not big huge unpractical cages, they are slim lightweight strong, without restricting your movement.
    I know a guy who's had injuries from numerous accindent on bikes, (road and track accidents) he never gets on a bike without one.
    and they can cost afew hundred pounds, but in my opinion, its worth every penny.
    sorry but I just think wraps are $hit, and overrated.
    And I know someone who had an injury similar to yours, and the Doc recommended wear a brace, because there's bone missing, and his leg could just fold in at any time.

gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gary9191 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, if it hurts, be careful.
    I know its probably unavoidable given your level of injury, but If i was experiencing pain IN a joint, not just a muscular strain, I would Not be using it, Especially with Heavy weights, if its sore, its most likely not healthy, and after afew years of pushing through the pain, you'll be fecked and you wont be able to use that knee for anything.
    Listen to the pain, its usually telling you something.
    be carefull bud
    and all the best

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gary9191 View Post
    if i were you considering how bad your injuries were, i would not be using a wrap. its basically just a bit of material wrapped round your leg, I dont think the benefit of that will be very noticable.
    With injuries that bad, i would be getting a proper leg brace, you see injured motorcycle racers sometimes wearing them, they've come on far from years ago, there not big huge unpractical cages, they are slim lightweight strong, without restricting your movement.
    I know a guy who's had injuries from numerous accindent on bikes, (road and track accidents) he never gets on a bike without one.
    and they can cost afew hundred pounds, but in my opinion, its worth every penny.
    sorry but I just think wraps are $hit, and overrated.
    And I know someone who had an injury similar to yours, and the Doc recommended wear a brace, because there's bone missing, and his leg could just fold in at any time.
    Thing is you need a doctors prescription to get a brace made like you're talking about. Family member tore their acl and now they have a brace like all the NFL linemen wear.

I'm assuming you got a total or partial knee replacement. Also, if you didn't get your LCL replaced witha cadaver or similar option, I would definitely get a heavy duty brace, since you'll always have less there to stop your knee sliding.

All in all, just call your doctor and ask if he/she thinks you need a serious brace or just something to provide mild compression.

The prescribed braces the NFL players use cost a lot of money because they are titanium and have to be custom fitted. If he/she says you just need some mild compression I would just go with the inzer sleeves.

Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    Thing is you need a doctors prescription to get a brace made like you're talking about. Family member tore their acl and now they have a brace like all the NFL linemen wear.

I'm assuming you got a total or partial knee replacement. Also, if you didn't get your LCL replaced witha cadaver or similar option, I would definitely get a heavy duty brace, since you'll always have less there to stop your knee sliding.

All in all, just call your doctor and ask if he/she thinks you need a serious brace or just something to provide mild compression.

The prescribed braces the NFL players use cost a lot of money because they are titanium and have to be custom fitted. If he/she says you just need some mild compression I would just go with the inzer sleeves.
    Sorry I didnt really mean the prescribed ones particularly, there's some you can buy for like £200 (wont be as good as the ones you're talking about, but still better than a wrap) Here's a pic of what my friend is thinking on buying..
    Its made of carbon fibre, so its strong,light, slim, and is designed to protect you when you come of a motorbike when racing etc.(not what your doing but if it can stand up to the force of a crash.....)
    By the way, I have no medical qualifications at all, this is just my opinions. good luck man.