2. I was referring to previous expansions where you would have to grind endless mobs (or run instances to kill mobs) in order to get exalted with certain factions that had specific pieces of gear.That was lame.
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM #31
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM #32
2. That used to be more of a problem around BC, then it is now. The faction gear you get now, for the most part, isn't the best gear in the game. But it's certainly useful when you're not getting all the drops you need.
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM #33
- Join Date: May 2011
- Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Age: 24
- Posts: 2,621
- Rep Power: 1275
Whats your angle op, why are you trying to get people to play WoW? You want a friend in wow? I need friends in wow srs, mine have all quit. I'm looking for good people at pvp, preferably at least 2k + players, I am a 2.2k + player and honestly think I could have hit glad range this season with the fotm warrior, my friends just all quit on me.
I have a Hpal id like to continue playing next season, thinking of trasnferring to tich horde or darkspear alliance.
Anyway I myself have burnt out of WoW, taking a break for a while and will only play here and there I think, I played MoP way too much doing the dailies exalted with a few, not as hardcore as some, but I did level 6 90s, not sure why, mostly so that I could play Fotm whenever I could. I'm not too crazy on PvE, but I don't mind it. LFR is a great way to get gear, a good PvE guild is hard to find and posting my "raid-log" or whatever just seems too try hard. I just want to jump in and play. I've joined two PvE guilds now that were just starting out, brb spend 3 hours wiping on the 1st boss, finally kill him, then wipe some more on the 2nd. People just don't understand mechanics and are slow to grasp it. Some people are gonna scoff at what I say here but I inspect all of these people's achievments for arena and they have none. You look at the top PvE players on your server, they all have 2.2k +, glad achievments etc. Its simple as understanding how the game works and a huge chunk, probably 3/4 of the current player base just don't get it.
Anyway I went off on a tangent there, just a bit of a rant. The changes for 5.2 look great on the pvp side of things, I am loving the new PvP gearing up system how you can catch up on an alt mid season, because currently, its a ****ing nightmare if you are 2-3 months late into a season to even try arena. Its disheartening as hell and its a good change. To be quite honest though, they should remove stat gear progression from PvP entirely and make the rewards from pvp purely cosmetic. Because at the end of the day, its about fair competition. Having a gear advantage in PvP is stupid as hell, why does T2 weapon even exist? Whoever thought of that should be shot, good lord.
02-07-2013, 12:05 PM #34
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM #35
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM #36
meh...I started playing after 5 years off. About 5 weeks before MOP...I got about another 3-4 weeks of game play and the game was completely boring again.
-Did dailys for 2 weeks....got boring
-raid finder...always full of sh*t players
-everyone has everything so theres no uniqueness
-to get best pvp gear you have to do arena
its to easy to be in the top 5% of the game.
best time for WoW= Burning crusade and original.
Last edited by Zerafian; 02-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.current car: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31266066@N04/albums/72157651588768972
02-07-2013, 12:16 PM #37
I'm sorry but I can't play anymore. I bought MoP and it just doesn't give me that feeling anymore
Subbed to Rift and bought it and storm legion.... Loving it, finally have that old school WoW feeling back.*Rest In Peace Dad. I miss you every second of every day 03/13/2013*
*Official Dodge Truck Crew CEO*
*Official IT Thread CEO*
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM #38
02-07-2013, 02:02 PM #39
no thanks jeff, i always come back for my res scroll once a year just to see what has changed out of curiosity and every single year i realize its losing more and more of its substance but it is what it is, times change. im just hoping titan is going to be somewhere around what wow was in the beginning.
02-07-2013, 02:05 PM #40
02-07-2013, 04:43 PM #41
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM #42
02-07-2013, 05:46 PM #43
I'm playing WoW again because (a)I have the time and (b)it's phucking relaxing. LoL is a rage-fest, Diablo 2 PvP is pretty much dead, PoE doesn't excite me, Diablo 3 has no legitimate PvP, Guild Wars 2 has always been meh, and every other MMO/Action RPG clone out there isn't interesting. I've been a PC gamer since I was 12 so I naturally need my daily fix .
In regards to your post, I agree that PvP shouldn't have to be so gear dependent. It should be based more-so on individual skill, timing, and team coordination. But unfortunately that's how it has always been; ever since Gladiator S1 (I was soclose.jpg). I played through about 5 (or 6) arena seasons and they were competitive as phuck. I game for PvP. It's dynamic and I love it.
When I hit 90, I'm going straight to PvP. I'm not sure what my plan is but it'll probably involve a chit ton of BGs (to grind up low level PvP gear), instances, and a lot of dailies to get some decent ep0x. Maybe when my gear is up to par, we can connect and see how a Warlock/Holy Pally runs (lmao).
If it's so easy to be in the top 5%, then why isn't everyone up there? (oxymoronic/rhetorical question). Fact is, there will always be an elite tier of gamers, an above-average serious tier of gamers, casuals, and then everyone else. Just because more people have epics nowadays than before does not mean everyone is actually good.
02-07-2013, 05:59 PM #44
- Join Date: Aug 2011
- Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Age: 26
- Posts: 2,715
- Rep Power: 0
2. No the competitive nature is not there. New raids flat out suck. Terrible lore, terrible boss models, not that great looking of raids. Doesn't matter how hard the bosses are to make it a great raid, while they are still "hard as phuck" it doesn't make them a good raid.
3. So they just made the game easier for people who were bad and lazy, catering to casuals.
4. Lol if this makes any difference, if you didn't use QuestHelper before the built in one came out you were doin it wrong.
5. New spells=more balance between PvP and PvE, **** is cluttered and certain classes/specs suck or are unbalanced due to a new added spell.
6. A lot of ****ty people still play. It reigns supreme due to no other MMO's are anywhere near as polished as WoW is. It may be still popular but it is dying more than it is gaining. Plus the community is complete **** and everyone is basically about themselves.
7. The point of MMO's was to devote your life and basically build yourself a new life. Yeah it's cool you can do any raid boss or get gear by only doing dailies or something but it takes much more away from the game than it gives.
What this game lacks now is satisfaction and community. The satisfaction of finally downing a new boss or seeing the next raid tier content is gone. The feeling of getting an epic item is long gone. There is no grand satisfaction in the game unless you are pulling server firsts or rank 1 in a BG (but even then it's like winning the special olympics now).
I loved the game and has changed my life more than anything has ever affected my life. I've met great friends that I still talk to nearly everyday. But WoW is simply a game that is old and going downhill.
02-07-2013, 06:25 PM #45
^Brah, you just played too long. Maybe you just need a break from PC gaming.
It's not the game that's the problem, it's the fact that you want 2004 (or whatever the glory years were) back. I mean, there are plenty of private realms with Vanilla WoW. Why don't all WoW players gravitate towards those realms? If the original gameplay was that important to them, they wouldn't be playing any expansions.
It's true that WoW has been losing its subscriber base but that's because of a few factors:
1. The game has lost its luster from when it first came out. This is typical of any and every video game. We all want something new and refreshing.
2. SC2, D3, and LoL stormed the scene and took away a lot of WoW players.
TBH, if they made the next expansion like how Vanilla was (catering to only the hardcore dedicated players), I don't foresee any old heads coming back to it. I mean, would you come back?
40 man raids
And lettuce be reality. Nobody liked having to loot every phucking mob. Don't be a hipster.
02-07-2013, 07:48 PM #46
02-07-2013, 08:23 PM #47
02-07-2013, 09:03 PM #48
I reactivated my account a few days ago.
I wouldn't say it caters to the casual gamer. I was a hardcore raider back in Cata (earned my Legendary daggers on my Rogue.) Doing the dailies for the Golden Lotus, Klax, Shado-Pan, August Celestials, Anglers, Operation: Shieldwall takes about 2-3 hours. That's ridiculous just for dailies. I really think the game is becoming even more of a grind than it ever was before, and it definitely doesn't advocate alt play at all, I think.
02-07-2013, 09:38 PM #49
I've been playing since mid-2007. Started with a warlock on my first account (got hacked and never got it back). My current account holds 9 toons. My Shaman was my main throughout WotLK and part of Cata, then I levelled a Blood Elf pally. Currently my main and really really enjoying being a retribution pally.
The Looking For Raid feature is really great for those who don't have the time to co-ordinate raiding with guilds etc. That way, everyone can easily see all the end-game content.
I have all the Bind on Account gear, so I'm thinking of finishing off my Mage. Currently level 40 - haven't played mage in about 2years.....
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM #50
- Join Date: Aug 2011
- Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Age: 26
- Posts: 2,715
- Rep Power: 0
02-08-2013, 01:58 AM #51
Mop is ****, just like the end of cata was.
raiding is fking retarded now. brb any retard can do LFR and dailies to get gear and join a good guild, bosses aren't that hard either
rbgs are ****ing dumb as hell since any retard can get 2200 from rbgs, t2/ 2200 elite gear means nothing now. atleast they are changing that in 5.2
can't level any alts because of CRZ because theirs always some sub 1550 arena reject that has nothing better to do then gank people 40 levels lower than him.
wow has been **** since wotlk. raiding would be fun again if they brought back realm first titles
02-08-2013, 01:58 AM #52
- Join Date: Jul 2011
- Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Posts: 10,792
- Rep Power: 2443
02-08-2013, 02:01 AM #53-Wore Uggs before Tom Brady crew-
-Makes bad decisions when drunk crew-
-Makes bad decisions when sober crew-
-Thinks Taylor Swift might be the problem crew-
-In love with Taylor Swift crew-
-Took birthday off facebook profile to see who would actually remember birthday crew-
-No one remembered birthday crew-
02-08-2013, 04:24 AM #54
I re-subbed last month, played 10 minutes, realized why I left, unsubscribed again. As much as I would like to find WoW fun again, I just can't seem to. Here's to hoping their next expac catches my attention. Been playing since Vanilla.Blue Star Nutraceuticals™ ~ Better By Design™
Blue Star™ Ambassador
Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.
~Veni Vidi Vici~
02-08-2013, 04:49 AM #55
So from reading the responses, it seems like the general discontent stems from a few things:
1. Having to run dailies constantly.
2. LFR/LFG is a joke.
3. Anyone can obtain elite-tier gear.
4. Catering to casuals.
1. How is this different from spending hours farming mobs/nodes/ores/etc. to get gold? I remember farming for hours on end everyday and it was the most tedious chit ever. Grinding is a part of the game, period. Running dailies is just a different grind.
2. Don't do LFR/LFG then? Last time I checked there are still guilds on realms. There are people still looking to run instances/raids in-realm. If you want the sense of community, then gtfo your FA status and go talk to people then. LFR/LFG is merely a convenient route they put in for casual gamers.
3. Do you really have to be mired that hard? I mean, is the reason you play the game so that you can wear cool ep0x, jump around on top of Org bank, and have people inspect you and zuk your dik? If so, then I have no argument for this. I can only speak for myself and that is I find enjoyment in the content of the game. IDC if people treat me like a god or a n00b. I had/have fun playing WoW.
4. If they made the next expansion really difficult, would you really come back to the game?
I think I missed a few things, but its phucking early and I'm at work.
02-08-2013, 05:27 AM #56
02-08-2013, 05:33 AM #57
02-08-2013, 05:46 AM #58
02-08-2013, 05:47 AM #59
02-08-2013, 05:54 AM #60