jesssanta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First OCB Bikini Contest in 9 weeks - looking for advice/support

So, I started bikini contest prep. I prepped for one last year but I got injured and didn't make it. This has been a dream of mine for YEARS! I had 13 weeks to train + diet this time around. Now I have only 9 weeks this Saturday. I do see a difference. I have lost about 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks doing body opus and now my weight has hovered at 150lbs the past 2 weeks (my bodyfat is 28% according to the electronic thing) This happened to me for 6 WEEKS last time I tried to train for a contest...the only time I can lose weight is if I diet on my own and I cut my calories down to like 1200... My coach tells me NOT to do this and to eat back my exercise calories so that my NET is 1200. I guess this is so my body doesn't starve and hold on to the fat... I'm only going up to 1500 cals right now. I burn anywhere from 300-900 at the gym 6 days a week.

I am short 5"2' so I don't want to look like a monster compared to the other girls on stage when they are like 100 lbs! I guess weight doesn't matter that much and it is your body fat % that matters more....but my biggest fear is that I won't make it to the contest...I still have belly fat that needs to go! - even though I am eating clean and doing my best! I am avoiding starches and getting my carbs only from veges because I am very sensitive to starch and I bloat... I guess I just wanted to ask your advice....or support...because I want this contest more than anything! I just don't want to fail...Maybe I am just being impatient?

I accept constructional criticism but please don't be mean.....

Jess
    Healthy Chicks with Curvy Hips - promotes fun and healthy ideas + support for women (every color, shape and size) to incorporate into their everyday lives! Join us and lets win this battle of the bulge together!!
    https://www.********.com/HealthyChicksWithCurvyHips?ref=hl

kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jess! I am also prepping for my 1st bikini contest and tomorrow will be 8 weeks out. If your exercising that much I def wouldn't try to cut back because its possible that you can injure yourself if you don't have proper calories for your workouts or your going to be so fatigued that you won't want to work out, and that's never fun! You won't look like a monster! I was at a npc seminar and they kept reminding us that we have to focus on everything we've done to make our bodies look great instead of critiquing ourselves against other girls. Last week I had a mini breakdown because I was defining everywhere except my midsection! But miraculously this week i stopped worrying about it and it looks ten times better! There is going to be frustration for sure but once you get on stage and strut your stuff you will feel like a million bucks! I actually came on to this site to get some support from other competitors because for some reason, even though I have support from friends & family, they are giving me this weird jealous backlash. So I hope I gave you some encouragement & we can support each other!

omg! Thank you! I was totally freaking out and my coach helped me by INCREASING my calories and just telling me everything is going to be fine. I realized that I'm doing this for me and how ever things come out it will be great for me. I know I'm not perfect and I am not in it to win it. I am doing this for myself because I want to look and feel great! I am putting faith and trust into myself and my coach and totally letting go of the stress. I feel WAY better and less stressed out because I know I am doing the right thing! Thank you so much for your support and I am here for you too! We will rock it!
    Healthy Chicks with Curvy Hips - promotes fun and healthy ideas + support for women (every color, shape and size) to incorporate into their everyday lives! Join us and lets win this battle of the bulge together!!

kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kellyb16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no problem! where is your show?

Carver MA - 3 weeks out! Super excited!

fitnesslove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jesssanta View Post
    Carver MA - 3 weeks out! Super excited!

Hey there! How did you like competing in an OCB competition? Congrats, You look amazing!!!! You go girl!! Today I am 16 weeks out from my first bikini comp, I plan do do NGA. Any advice?