Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I arent losing weight, im not sure why? Please help :)

Hi guys,

I have been going gym for about 3 weeks now and when i started off i weighted 80.6 kg. Now 3 weeks later I go on the scale and I weight 80.4 kg, I mean what am i doing wrong that's letting me lose weight and get into shape?

I train 6 days a week and 3 times a week for cardio.

I complelety can see my waist has gone smaller but why does the scale tell me that I haven't lost much, please give me your opinion guys.

P;S: I eat around 2000-2100 calories a day, should I probably get lower than that and see how that goes?

thanks in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would stick with it.

If your waist has gone down, that means that you have lost fat which is good. You may have gained some muscle or might just be retaining water for some reason. Most people would love to stay the same weight while becoming leaner but it's only something that happens when you are pretty new to weight training so enjoy it while it lasts.

FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadiYousif1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I would stick with it.

If your waist has gone down, that means that you have lost fat which is good. You may have gained some muscle or might just be retaining water for some reason. Most people would love to stay the same weight while becoming leaner but it's only something that happens when you are pretty new to weight training so enjoy it while it lasts.
    Thanks , any other suggestions guys?

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are really sure your waist line has shrunk while your weight is the same then you probably want to stick it out for another week or two before making changes. But your eyes can lie. Have you actually measured your waist? And are you accurately tracking your calories? If you aren't losing weight then you are not in a calorie deficit.

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    If you are really sure your waist line has shrunk while your weight is the same then you probably want to stick it out for another week or two before making changes. But your eyes can lie. Have you actually measured your waist? And are you accurately tracking your calories? If you aren't losing weight then you are not in a calorie deficit.
    I have acutally measured my waist and it acutally had gone down, but just to be sure I'm going cut down to 1950 calories a day and see how that goes.

Meanwhile I'd love to hear other suggestions from more people.

Thank you

thatdieselkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would definitely agree that you have probably put on lean muscle mass which is why you aren't seeing much of a weight drop. Your body adapts quite quickly when you first start lifting and training, meaning that you get a big increase in lean muscle mass right off the bat. I would stick with it for a few more weeks, and you should notice you start to lose some weight. Most important thing is measurements though, as long as you are dropping size off your waist, that means that you are burning fat and building muscle.

Are you taking any supplements? Certain types of creatine and natural herbs and things make you retain a lot of water, which can also affect the scale. If you aren't taking supplements, fat burning supplements with caffeine and green tea can really help, but are not necessary.

Although counting calories is your main way to go, make sure they are good calories. You need to be eating a large amount of protein as well, about 1.5g per pound of lean muscle mass. If you are eating McDonalds twice a day, your calories will probably be under 2,000, but you probably won't lose any weight (not saying you eat McDonalds all the time, just an example). You should be around a 40/40/20 split, of 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. Also, try and spread your meals to about 5-6 small meals a day. Although newer studies have showed this doesn't really have any bearing on metabolism, it usually helps curve hunger and overall eat less during the day.

For your size and weight, I would try eating around 1800-1900 calories/day. Also drink lots of water, try to shoot for a gallon a day. This will improve your mental stamina as well as your physical, and helps your body run better overall; like a well oiled machine.

Although you train 6 days a week, your diet is the most important thing about losing weight.
    Last edited by thatdieselkid; 02-07-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    HOPE is not a strategy,
    LUCK is not a factor,
    FEAR is not an option.

Originally Posted by thatdieselkid View Post
    I would definitely agree that you have probably put on lean muscle mass which is why you aren't seeing much of a weight drop. Your body adapts quite quickly when you first start lifting and training, meaning that you get a big increase in lean muscle mass right off the bat. I would stick with it for a few more weeks, and you should notice you start to lose some weight. Most important thing is measurements though, as long as you are dropping size off your waist, that means that you are burning fat and building muscle.

Are you taking any supplements? Certain types of creatine and natural herbs and things make you retain a lot of water, which can also affect the scale. If you aren't taking supplements, fat burning supplements with caffeine and green tea can really help, but are not necessary.

Although counting calories is your main way to go, make sure they are good calories. You need to be eating a large amount of protein as well, about 1.5g per pound of lean muscle mass. If you are eating McDonalds twice a day, your calories will probably be under 2,000, but you probably won't lose any weight (not saying you eat McDonalds all the time, just an example). You should be around a 40/40/20 split, of 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. Also, try and spread your meals to about 5-6 small meals a day. Although newer studies have showed this doesn't really have any bearing on metabolism, it usually helps curve hunger and overall eat less during the day.

For your size and weight, I would try eating around 1800-1900 calories/day. Also drink lots of water, try to shoot for a gallon a day. This will improve your mental stamina as well as your physical, and helps your body run better overall; like a well oiled machine.

Although you train 6 days a week, your diet is the most important thing about losing weight.
    Thank for the helpfull info bro , giving ya a rep

NewRookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    muscle is weights a lot more then fat
    so dont pay attention to the scale too much, go by pictures of before and after, maybe monthly pictures.

Originally Posted by NewRookie View Post
    muscle is weights a lot more then fat
    so dont pay attention to the scale too much, go by pictures of before and after, maybe monthly pictures.
    Thats true,

But now I know the reason why I aren't losing FAT. I always intend on caluacting everything I eat and it's around.

175 grams of protein
    180-200 carbs
    60-70 healthy fats

the only thing i forgot to caluacte is the VIRGIN OIL which i use to cook my chicken breast! I use around 4 tea spoons and i did a research on it, it tells me it gives me 18 grams of fat and around 122 calories.

So I gotto take that into consideration and limit my intake from other foods so I can use that.

Thanks anyways guys

Nick112111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The scale only show a number. As these guys have said, muscle outweighs fat. So don't get discouraged. Continue what you are doing and monitor what you eat. Don't expect rapid change though, it'll take time for everything to develope and shape out. And remember to do cardio! Running, jump rope, swimming and bicycling are great ways to push yourself.

Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sometimes you can go through a woosh effect. This is were you dont lose weight for 2 weeks or so and then bam third week lose 3 pounds. Make sure you are truly counting your calories correctly as well, think about weighing your food. If your not set on that maybe only do it for about a week or two so you can visually see how much to eat. I wouldnt cut anymore calories just yet, wait until you hit about 165 or else you wont be able to finish your cut because you lowered to soon.

Originally Posted by Get2Liftin View Post
    Sometimes you can go through a woosh effect. This is were you dont lose weight for 2 weeks or so and then bam third week lose 3 pounds. Make sure you are truly counting your calories correctly as well, think about weighing your food. If your not set on that maybe only do it for about a week or two so you can visually see how much to eat. I wouldnt cut anymore calories just yet, wait until you hit about 165 or else you wont be able to finish your cut because you lowered to soon.
    So should I continue taking 2100 calories?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by FadiYousif1993 View Post
    So should I continue taking 2100 calories?
    Yes, I would

Yes, I would
    For how long though?

As long as something keeps happening - strength going up, waist going down.

As long as something keeps happening - strength going up, waist going down.
    Ok, Ill listen to you

also 1 more question, is pasta good for post workout?

You don't have to have special post workout meals. Just eat at regular mealtimes each day.

You don't have to have special post workout meals. Just eat at regular mealtimes each day.
    But is it good to eat it?

Originally Posted by FadiYousif1993 View Post
    But is it good to eat it?
    Depends on the rest of your diet. If it helps to supply your target number of calories and protein/fat/carb grams then its fine.

Depends on the rest of your diet. If it helps to supply your target number of calories and protein/fat/carb grams then its fine.
    Yes it will help me, Thanks for the info bro, you're always here for me when I need you haha, Giving ya a rep

Unhappy

It's getting frusating because now that i've measured my self i've gone a inch bigger on the waist, I mean I don't know what the **** am i doing wrong. Serousily I'm needing help, what's the real calories I should be conusiming a day, RIGHT NOW i'm conusiming 2100-2000 a day and it defenility is not working.

LIke I already told you, fat loss and muscle gain take time. What you are seeing is changes in skin hydration and contents of your stomach/digestive tract.

You said you were going to give it 2 weeks. Unless you are counting calories wrong, it will happen in time

LIke I already told you, fat loss and muscle gain take time. What you are seeing is changes in skin hydration and contents of your stomach/digestive tract.

You said you were going to give it 2 weeks. Unless you are counting calories wrong, it will happen in time
    I know man, It's just that I aren't seeing any results, I mean I have serousily gained muscles speacily on my shoulders and biecp / triecps, but when it comes down to BODYFAT, one day I look at my self , i'v lost weight and the next day I've gained sum, idk whats happeieng lol.

stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stone_free10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok, I noticed that your first post (this thread was 8 days ago)
    just be patient, nothing else, you got great advices here (especially from SufolkPunch) and stick with it.

First 10-14 days (when you start) are the hardest and when you look at yourself or measure (in like 75-85% of cases) you won't be satisfied.

some people go for a couple of weeks without a change...
    patience...

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its pretty simple really. If you are not losing weight and your waist measurement is going up then you are not in a caloric deficit.

I've got 50 lbs on you and I'm losing about 1.5 lbs per week with a strict 2000 a day.

If you want to lose weight you have to eat less.

Its pretty simple really. If you are not losing weight and your waist measurement is going up then you are not in a caloric deficit.
    Not true when we are talking about a timescale of ONE DAY.

Not true when we are talking about a timescale of ONE DAY.
    Right, but look back at the history of the OP. Over a week ago he said he had been watching intake and excerising for 3 weeks with no change in weight. So in total now over 4 weeks at a given caloric intake and no weight change PLUS his waist is now up an inch. That doesn't sound like the description of someone in caloric deficit. I know you have to be patient, but you also have to know when to pull the trigger on changing too.

Just a rough stab at his BMR with an activity factor of 1.2 puts his maintenance calories around 2200. He says he's been hitting around 2000-2100, but he forgot to including the oil he cooks in. My guess is there may be some other stuff missed too. Believe me its hard to track everything perfect. Sounds like he is right on maintenance level with the current intake.

If it were me, I would be looking to drop some more calories and see what happens. I would also make doubly sure I'm tracking EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth.

Right, but look back at the history of the OP. Over a week ago he said he had been watching intake and excerising for 3 weeks with no change in weight. So in total now over 4 weeks at a given caloric intake and no weight change PLUS his waist is now up an inch. That doesn't sound like the description of someone in caloric deficit. I know you have to be patient, but you also have to know when to pull the trigger on changing too.

Just a rough stab at his BMR with an activity factor of 1.2 puts his maintenance calories around 2200. He says he's been hitting around 2000-2100, but he forgot to including the oil he cooks in. My guess is there may be some other stuff missed too. Believe me its hard to track everything perfect. Sounds like he is right on maintenance level with the current intake.

If it were me, I would be looking to drop some more calories and see what happens. I would also make doubly sure I'm tracking EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth.
    I'm pretty much tracking everything that it's going in my mouth, I have a food scale and plus I use an APP which is called MyNetPro, It's very accurate bro. Since 2100-2000 calories is not working out, I've started taking in 1900 calorioes from yesterday and well see how that goes, I'll give it about 2 weeks and i'll update back on this thread.

thanks for the info guys.

I think that is a good choice. You don't want to do anything to drastic, but if you aren't getting anywere you gotta try something then give it enough time to see what happens. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I think that is a good choice. You don't want to do anything to drastic, but if you aren't getting anywere you gotta try something then give it enough time to see what happens. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    thanks brutha, nws i'll keep ya updated.