johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good lightweight barbell for olympic lifts

My wife would like to start incorporating olympic lifts into her training but my 20kg Pendlay is too heavy for her to use on some lifts. I was thinking about getting her the 10kg Pendlay Junior bar but I wanted to get some feedback prior to spending $320 plus shipping. Are there any other good alternatives that are at the same level quality/performance wise?

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnparker323 View Post
    My wife would like to start incorporating olympic lifts into her training but my 20kg Pendlay is too heavy for her to use on some lifts. I was thinking about getting her the 10kg Pendlay Junior bar but I wanted to get some feedback prior to spending $320 plus shipping. Are there any other good alternatives that are at the same level quality/performance wise?
    I think a lot of companies make a training barbell that is 12-15kg. You don't need to necessarily go pendlay.

http://www.adamantbarbell.com/Olympi...mparison-Guide

this site at the bottom has a little section for lightweight training bars. Search around the net to see if you can find slightly better prices, but still even if you buy from that site, the prices are more reasonable than $320 for a barbell that isn't going to see a tremendous amount of use (at least that's the impression I got from your post).

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rogue has a small selection of women's bars. http://www.roguefitness.com/weightli...rs.php?cat=191
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could get a bad lightweight bar for $40 and use standard plates. Spinlock is 10 lb or Hampton 5' beefy bar is 17 lb.

Not good, not pleasant but el cheapo.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by johnparker323 View Post
    I've seen that junior bar and its really nice, right on par with the other Pendlay's... but it is expensive.

My wife went through a similar progression. She started with a 5kg tech bar and used that until she was ready for a 15kg womens bar. She currently uses a York 32003.

We didn't think she would start oly lifting so the 5kg bar seemed fine to start with. If I could go back I would have started her with a 10kg junior bar as you are considering. The tech bar she had was a 28mm grip and pinned sleeves that spun poorly... pretty much a terrible combination for a woman's olympic lifting bar.

I wouldn't buy a bar for her that exceeds the 25mm grip diameter. Anything larger and grip will be too large and the bar will be stiff and not "whip" the same.

I've only seen a few options but Rogue likely has that best value for a bar of these spec's at $175. You won't get a warranty or the quality of the Pendlay, but you could put the extra cake towards a 15kg bar when she is ready for it.

http://www.roguefitness.com/junior-economy-bar.php

There are some other 10kg junior bars out there from Eleiko (with Eleiko pricing!) and a few others but most of them are in the $300+ range.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()