Thread: Cardio

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cardio

This is a pretty good read for all those people waiting for the next great cardio debate.

http://www.biolayne.com/contest-prep...r-bodybuilding
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting point on cardio that mimics weight lifting movements. He talks about cycling, but doesn't mention swimming, which seems like it should have a similar positive relationship with moves like lat pulldowns.

Personally, I like cycling because if it's low-impact nature, and I can't make myself do cardio for more than twenty minutes or so - so this article is nothing but good news for me!

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was thinking the same thing, my preferred cardio method is biking outside. (Not that I can do a lot of that in Minnesota this time of year) I am considering dropping the treadmill in favor of a few HIIT sessions on the bike.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ohhh that is really interesting. Im currently not doing any cardio out of laziness, but going on a bike for an hour seems rather simple.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    This is a pretty good read for all those people waiting for the next great cardio debate.

http://www.biolayne.com/contest-prep...r-bodybuilding
    Yeah, he's referencing some work by this Wilson guy. He's doing some good stuff.

There's a podcast where Wilson was interviewed and does a pretty good job summarizing his work and a few related topics: http://superhumanradio.com/shr-1119-...-training.html.

As he says in the interview, cycling is "better" at causing less interference, but it's not quite as good as sprinting for fat loss. I think that if you have the recovery capacity for it, and can fit it into your routine, sprinting is going to be the winner over cycling if you want to emphasize fat loss.

He also makes it clear that sprinting scheduled appropriately is not going to interfere with your gains. Basically, you either do it several hours (or more) prior to lower body lifting, or you do it more than 24 hours after. His work cites a couple of studies that quantified the before vs after interference effect sizes.

The other thing I found really interesting is that he is confirming the idea that the interference is not systemic to the whole body; so lower body cardio will not interfere with upper body gains, and vice versa. Makes a good case for using those hand cycle things for an upper body cardio option.

tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks dear