pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb MISC WRITERS... need your help revising ... will pay cash $ and rep 7k+!!!!!!!!

So basically i procrastinated, im up at 2:00 am, i have the flu, puking my guts out and basically i threw together this 10 page paper thats due tomorrow at 3... really need to get to bed because i have a test at 8, and i will check back afterwards. I need it revised/edited. its pretty rough right now and needs some good time put into it but i am willing to pay $10.00 via paypal... ( not alot but mcondalds pays like $5.00 an hour after taxes ) im assuming this is less than an hours worth of work, if you fix a few things i will rep you but what i am looking for is a full good revision and i will compensate you for your time and effort.

heres is part of what is required...
    You will hand in a minimum 10 page written summary of your interview and observation. This is not a transcript of your interview or a “play by play” of your observation, but rather a summary of the questions you asked (and justification statement- why did you ask what you did?), how they responded, your analysis of responses and your analysis of your observation of their instruction. You will be telling me what you learned about working with individuals with disabilities. What I mean by that is it is important to report what your interviewee said and did, but without your analysis, the assignment is incomplete.

here is the crap i wrote.

on next post
    -BALTIMORE RAVENS-ORIOLES-TCUFOOTBALL-SPURS-
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*
    "Ever love someone so much you'd do anything for them? Well.. Make that someone your self and do whatever the hell you want." Harvey S.

pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2/1/2013
    Interview Assignment

On Thursday February 31st I conducted an interview and observation of Mr. Clark Flohr’s high school learning support class. Clark Flohr is a learning support teacher who has many years of experience with working with teens who have special needs. The reason I chose to observe and interview Mr. Flohr is because he was my football coach throughout my duration of high school. He has been a learning support teacher at Greencastle Antrim High school in Pennsylvania for 6 years and is very passionate about his job. Upon walking into the class room I was shocked to realize that many of the students in the classroom were students who were on my football team, wrestling team, and track and field teams. I was completely thrown off guard upon walking into class. I believe when I walked in I expected to see teens with severe mental retardation but mostly what I saw were teens who struggled to be able to pay attention or read and write. This assignment really opened my eyes to seeing that many kids who I never would have imagined needed special instruction and the implementation of an IEP. In my honest opinion, the greatest benefit from this assignment was becoming aware that you did not need to look different to be considered a special needs student. Throughout my duration of high school I was always under the impression that the class with students who suffered from mental retardation and severe autism were the only students who require the special needs and things such as IEPs. This part of the observation was really a big eye opener for me. During my sit in on the class, I noticed that the class had one aid to support the instructor of the learning support class as well as well as a small number of desks for better one on one instruction. I would later find out in my interview, this style of class room is referred to as a “self-contained class.” I also realized how passionate Mr. Flohr was about his job, not just from what he had said in his interview, but from how he is truly cares about the students and making them better individuals. Throughout my time in the class I could see how the class was watered down a bit to meet the needs of certain students. For example, one student in particular had hard time writing, so the aid in the classroom helped him write to keep up with the other students who may have been better at writing. The intellectual abilities were quite drastic between certain students and others. Some students were really good at writing while others were really good at expressing their emotion in words but not as good on paper. During my time in the class room, a student couldn’t focus on a quiz with any noise so he was put into a room that had little to no distractions so he could focus better on his test. I had the chance to observe many different things throughout my day and one was the ability to attend the special needs meeting with all the special needs educators in the district as well as the principle. In the meeting I learned a lot in the time I was able to attend. I was able to learn about a program that is being implemented called “Common Core” and all of the key aspects of Common Core. To myself, I felt it to be very similar to No Child Left Behind and the UDL program with a few adaptations. I really like that they believe more focus on writing will help convey information better and help meet grade level standards. I was able to hear about other methods teachers were using to help the students such as the Quizlet application for the iPhone and iPod that help students who struggle to read. In my time in the meeting I also learned about EBR which stands for the Educational Review Board. It is part of the Pennsylvania special needs curriculum that tests to see if students are progressing and making sure they are improving in the areas in which the need special attention. I found it to be really great that the school and Pennsylvania really want to make sure the students are making progress and are looking at ways to make education better. In the meeting I was able to hear a lot of talk about how to make IEPs better and what they noticed needed to be made better. They discussed how certain IEPs for example would have a reading need but no reading goals. In another IEP it was discussed how it was mentioned the students MAP test score was a 132 but did not say what MAP stood for, or if a 132 was good or not. I feel it is great that the school truly cares about improving and helping the needs of the children and teenagers. I noticed a great group of active teachers who had plenty of great ideas in making education better. The teachers are aware that the standards are rising for students in special education but they seem ready and willing to fight to help and better the students. Many of the teachers including the teacher I observed appeared to have a great desire for teaching and playing a pivotal role in these young lives and it seen greatly in the responses I got in the interview portion of my day.
    Following the observation of the class and attendance of the meeting, I sat down and had the opportunity to conduct and interview with my former football coach and current teacher Mr. Flohr. I feel the information gathered from the interview was very beneficial and provided myself with great insight on what special education is like and the differences between special education and regular education. In the following paragraphs I will include the question asked and a summary of the answer I received from Mr. Flohr.
    How do you decide who needs special education?
    Mr. Flohr explained to me that academic achievement could be a telltale sign of needing special education as well as things such as behavioral issues. I was told IQ scores and suspicion of a special need from a teacher could lead to an examination that could determine a student in fact does need special education. Not only are mental and behavioral issue included in special education but needing physical aids are part of being included in special education. A person who may be handicapped or hearing impaired may be entitled to special education.
    What is the biggest challenge of teaching in special education?
    I was told by Mr. Flohr that the biggest challenge is the different levels of knowledge and abilities the students have. Mr. Flohr explained some students are really great at writing, while others may be great at reading. He said sometimes it can be difficult to find a balance and think of different ways to accommodate certain needs on a daily basis.

What is the parent’s role like in contributing to education?
    I was told having home support is huge. Mr. Flohr says it is very apparent when a child has the full support of his parents or parent but understands that having a child with special needs demands a lot of time. The parents do typically not come in and work as aids but most of the parents role comes in play at home.
    Is there extra help yourself and other teachers in special education?
    The response from Mr. Flohr was “yes.” I was told that there are 4 aids per school that travel around and assist students in special needs settings as well as students who take part in both special needs classes and regular education. I was told that in terms of the budget there is not much help but any assistive technology a student may need is always going to be attainable because the school is required to do so.
    What different disabilities do you deal with?
    Mr. Flohr told me that the variety of disabilities he deals with include learning deficits, ADD, health impairment, emotional disorders, depression, bipolar, and a few more.

What is the difference between the Franklin Learning Center and the special education program at Greencastle Antrim?
    By Mr. Flohr I was made aware that he FLC is a center for students who need to learn life skills. It includes individuals with extremely low IQ, physically handicapped persons, severely mental retardation, and individuals with other disorders and diseases. Greencastle Antrim does have a class for students who have Down syndrome but are able to accomplish everyday life skills. The special education program at Greencastle includes a variety of things, such as adapted math classes.

CONTINUED!!!
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*
    "Ever love someone so much you'd do anything for them? Well.. Make that someone your self and do whatever the hell you want." Harvey S.

Do you keep up to date with former students?
    Mr. Flohr does not keep up with many of his students because of his general style class. Most of the classes Mr. Flohr teachers are adapted classes that fit into the typical block schedule. He said that if he had a style of class that allowed him to get to know each student better than the chances are he would like to see how the students are doing and progressing.
    What exactly separates your class from a regular education class?
    A smaller setting, slower paced, modified curriculum, and other things such as shorter tests and less homework are a few things that Flohr said differentiates his class from the regular education.
    Do you find more benefit from teaching special education?
    Mr. Flohr promptly answered “yes” to this particular question. He really appreciates the opportunity to help build other skills other than academic skills. He believes in helping his students become the best adults they can be. He said he finds It extremely rewarding to see a student understand things that did not understand or comprehend before coming into his classroom. He said in the class that he teaches it I not all about academics but helping young people grow into adults who can excel in the work force.
    Do you ever find that students struggle to get good grades on purpose?
    Mr. Flohr said yes to this question. He said that he believes some students could do well in regular education but “sabotage” themselves to stay in learning support and receive special education. He believes it could be attributed to fear of failing or just being plain scared of being in a regular class room setting.
    How do you feel about students who just do not care about getting an education?
    Mr. Flohr finds it extremely frustrating when a student does not care. He says it is also very obvious when a student doesn’t care. When a student isn’t trying Flohr always seeks outside help by turning to the parents for help. He says that some parents do not stay involved and that he can never successfully get a hold of parents. Flohr says that most students try and most parents are very good at offering support but most likely when a student doesn’t stay involved the parent is usually not very involved either.
    Can a student request to be in special education?
    I found the answer to this question is no. According to Flohr the student has to be evaluated to qualify and it is a long process. The student needs to undergo a series of evaluations and Flohr says it is hard to lie about having a special need to getting into a special needs class.
    Do you deal with bullying in your learning support/special education classroom?
    “Yes I do deal with bullying quite a bit” said Flohr. He went on to discuss how certain students feel they are at a more advanced level than others and that this topic goes back to the biggest challenge teaching special needs. Everyone is on a different level. He said this sometimes leads to bullying. He said not only is it bullying others about their academic level but also the typical jarring at other students about appearance and other things.
    What happens if you fail the class?
    “If you fail the class, it is the same as a regular high school class, it shows up on the students transcript all the same” said Flohr.
    Are there any alternatives for students with special needs to receive an education?
    Mr. Flohr made me aware of a program called the Franklin Virtual Academy, otherwise known as FVA. It is a program that is more self-paced similar to traditional online schooling.

What does the future look like for special education in Greencastle?
    According to Mr. Flohr big shifts are gearing towards doing away with self-contained classrooms and more involvement in regular education. Flohr says he doesn’t really know what to think of this because he has never taught outside of his classroom. He believes with everything comes pros and cons but he will just wait and see what he thinks when he becomes integrated into the regular education setting. He also says the future includes higher standards and more standardized testing for students with special needs.
    Do you have any advice for me on potentially pursuing a career in special education?
    “The biggest advice I can give you is; know what you are getting yourself into.” Flohr elaborated on this statement by saying the paperwork is absolutely phenomenal. He made me aware of the 30-40 page IEPs that he has to write for each student and that the job is not a 9-5 job. Flohr says it is an around the clock job that never ends but is very rewarding. He says with special education comes things like implementing and devising dynamic lesson plans and plenty of extra meetings. He strongly advised that if I have the opportunity to student teach. Flohr strongly advised that I know what I am getting myself into prior to becoming and educator. I was reassured that it is indeed a very rewarding career and that summers off are a very nice perk to the job.
    Upon reflecting on my time I spent in Greencastle Antrim High School, I realized that I was fortunate to come from a school that cares tremendously about their students. I have a newfound respect for teachers who teach special education and am now aware that it takes a special kind of person to take on the responsibility of guiding these individuals onto something greater than high school. I felt that I asked questions that I feel were important to get answers to as I continued in my Education 360 class. The questions I asked helped me paint a better picture of what the experience of a special educator is actually like without getting too in depth with the legal part of the career. Being in the classroom for the time I was helped me gain a great understanding of the hardships these students face every day. Something that may come so easy to one person may not come as easy to others, it doesn’t mean they are dumb or stupid, it means they are unique. I feel like this experience has made me more humble and I feel grateful to have gained a new understanding of students with special needs. When I was in high school I had friends who were in these very classes including the class Mr. Flohr taught and I had no idea. I had no idea the process that took place for them to get into the class and that my very own friends had IEPs. It is something that I am grateful to be able to understand. This entire assignment for me was a challenge because I have not written a paper since high school but now that I near the end, I find it to be very rewarding. I obtained great knowledge from the teacher I had the chance to interview and observe and appreciate his time for letting me do so. Mr. Flohr conducted himself in a very professional and helpful manner and I feel this is a great strength of his that I do in fact hope to one day be able to replicate.
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol at 10 bucks. it's not just about pay/hour, it's about the skill and effort put into it.

I wrote for my city's newspaper, tutored kids in English/essay writing, worked with the city's Editor in Chief, and wrote for my school's newspaper. Also passed AP Composition with flying colors.
    I'm sure there are others in here who might willing to do it for 10 bucks though.
    45 and I'd do it.
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    lol at 10 bucks. it's not just about pay/hour, it's about the skill and effort put into it.

I wrote for my city's newspaper, tutored kids in English/essay writing, worked with the city's Editor in Chief, and wrote for my school's newspaper. Also passed AP Composition with flying colors.
    I'm sure there are others in here who might willing to do it for 10 bucks though.
    45 and I'd do it.
    $20.00
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*

0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10) 0LB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pep_meister View Post
    $20.00
    lol

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good luck
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Had a pretty quick read through it. Will do it for 80 bucks.

Originally Posted by brehbrah View Post
    Had a pretty quick read through it. Will do it for 80 bucks.
    Damn.
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*