Thread: Fish Oil?

dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fish Oil?

Recently picked up some bottles of fish oil. Question is, how much am I supposed to take per day? I read about 2-3g of combined DHA/EPA per day. The difference with me and a lot of other people is that I don't eat fish at all. I just don't like it. So would 2-3g/day of EPA/DHA suffice?

Another question on the topic: Do the different brands of fish oils matter? Are some better than others or is it really just the EPA and DHA amounts in the nutrition label that matter?

Btw, I'm 17 and approx 160 pounds if that matters.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2-3g EPA + DHA

Brand matters to an extent. If its a reputable company, as long as you are getting the 2-3g you should be fine. Some companies may have heavy metal inclusions in their product. Generally if you are molecularly distilled you are good to go.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Puckettg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm eager to hear the responses to this, I've been wondering about the difference between each brand as well. Never have really sat down and compared and contrasted the kind I buy on here from say a GNC brand or even a wal-mart brand.

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the major differences are:

1) purity/oxidation levels: most brands are good to go but some brands go beyond and adhere to stricter standards (EPS, CRN, GOED, WHO) and have lower heavy metals/impurities & oxidation levels.

2) forms: majority of fish oil products are in ethyl ester form. this is the result of breaking down the oil during molecular distillation with ethanol so that the fatty acids become more malleable. and then there is the natural triglyceride form which few manufacturers spend the extra effort to re-attach the fatty acids back into its natural form. what they claim is higher bioavailability.

3) EPA/DHA concentration: naturally occurring concentration is ~30%. you will see many brands that have higher concentrations (30% up to 90%). higher concentrations are more expensive but easier to meet one's EPA/DHA dose without having to take more pills.

others include types/sources/sustainability of fish, manufacturing process such as using no chemicals, low heat, additional purification methods...

I always recommend contacting the company to acquire more information about their products (such as COA). For starters, IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) is a third party testing organization that provides purity/oxidation lab results of many different brands that have passed their strict standards. products that are not listed either 1) did not receive the full 5 star rating or 2) they did not register to the IFOS Program.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dpk33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies! I got CL OxiMega which should be pretty good and another one called Webber Naturals Triple Strength Omega 3. Anyone know if this brand is any good?