hansomreiste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bill Starr 5x5 vs SL 5x5? Which one?

Hi,

What are your thoughts about those two "project"s? I was recommended to follow SL 5x5 and to be honest, I really appreciate the information provided by the compiler of the workout. He keeps sending real good information, telling exactly what to do with good details.

But, I saw nobody talking about it on the forum. Most people are focused on Bill Starr's 5x5, which looked A LOT complicated to me when compared to SL 5x5.

So what do you think and how can you compare those two?

Msmoak15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
    Hi,

What are your thoughts about those two "project"s? I was recommended to follow SL 5x5 and to be honest, I really appreciate the information provided by the compiler of the workout. He keeps sending real good information, telling exactly what to do with good details.

But, I saw nobody talking about it on the forum. Most people are focused on Bill Starr's 5x5, which looked A LOT complicated to me when compared to SL 5x5.

So what do you think and how can you compare those two?
    Personally I would go with bill starrs over strong lifts just from personal experience with bill starrs. I don't no enough about strong lifts to comment on it. But if you are a beginner I recommend starting with starting strength. However if u are set on bill starrs I'd be happy to answer any questions or explain it for you.

danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50) danbradster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go with Starting Strength over Strong Lifts. They are very similar in structure, but Starting Strength is better at teaching technique. You can see both program summaries here - 5x5 Workouts

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Choose one, smash it, and stick woth it.

If you follow any of those routines, they'll take you to a similar place.

I'm a Bill Starr guy, but Starting Strength has made entry to training easier. I prefer that to Stronglifts, which is a simplification of Starr's.