asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Very very new to this - Diet advice

Hello,

Thanks in advance for the advice. Very briefly a bit of background info. I'm 28 and currently weigh 220lbs 33% body fat. The biggest I've been in the past is 260lbs but I've weighed around 220lbs since I was 16. Last year I got down to 206lbs but put it back on.

Basically this year I've decided to change my body for good. For my kids, wife, myself etc. I play 5 a side football twice a week (high intensity/stop start for an hour each time) and have started following a beginners total body workout three times a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) with a 20 min interval run after.

I've got no problem with the exercise and have always been reasonably fit despite my weight etc.

I've read tons of info on nutrition etc in the last week or so. I'll be totally honest until 2 weeks ago I hadn't planned on doing any weights until I started learning more and more about the right exercise etc.

Can someone please comment on my diet plan below. This is where I need to improve/learn more. I've tried to put down what I ate in the last four days to be as accurate as possible. How do my macro's look? (this time last week I didn't have a clue about any of this)The red writing is my target. Basically 1600 calories 155g protein 43g fat 155g carbs. I'm looking to lose weight and tone up.

Thanks

Ash
    Attached Files
    Last edited by asheley8; 02-06-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Additional Info

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you haven't read the stickies already I think it is essential that you do so to get a good grasp on nutrition.

43g of fat is not enough, you need more!

As somebody who also was overweight and also made the decision that enough was enough, I will tell you what worked for me. The most important thing was to determine my TDEE, then start counting macros and calories. It takes a while to get into the habit of doing, but is definitely worth it. After calculating that I burn around 2400 calories each day, I began eating 2000 cals made up of a range of nutritious 'clean' foods and some other not so traditional diet foods that I enjoy. It has worked a treat.

The truth is that if you work out how many calories you burn and then eat less than that you will lose weight, guaranteed, 100% of the time. For you not to would completely defy the laws of physics as we know them.

Good luck!

suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Stick to a diet high in lean quality protein and good clean low glycemic carbohydrates in moderate amounts. Green leafy vegetables are good. Fruits, dairy and processed foods should be avoided.

Keep fat and sugar content as low as possible.

A calorie is not always a calorie as different nutrients affect the body in different ways. IE a gram of sugar while four calories, affects the body much differently than a gram of protein and a gram of fat would.

Restricting calories too low too fast will result in metabolic slow down and rotating your carbohydrate intake as in do one high carb day, one low, one medium and then repeat as this will help to avoid that and keep your body guessing,

30 mins of cardio 5 days a week to start.

Stick with this for 3-4 weeks then reassess.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all these are to low imo > 1600 calories 155g protein 43g fat 155g carbs.

read the stickies again and get the numbers worked out right, 1600 calories for your weight is going to be like a crash and burn.

2000 cals at least for your weight.
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by suprhulk28 View Post
    Stick to a diet high in lean quality protein and good clean low glycemic carbohydrates in moderate amounts. Green leafy vegetables are good. Fruits, dairy and processed foods should be avoided.

A calorie is not always a calorie as different nutrients affect the body in different ways. IE a gram of sugar while four calories, affects the body much differently than a gram of protein and a gram of fat would.

no.
    I REP BACK

IIFYM

NEBOSH

asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asheley8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks very much for the replies so far guys. It's a real minefield with lots of conflicting info and loads to take on board.

I'm trying to keep it simple in terms of workout and nutrition to start off with.

Will re-read the stickies tonight.

dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nicklyne View Post
    all these are to low imo > 1600 calories 155g protein 43g fat 155g carbs.

read the stickies again and get the numbers worked out right, 1600 calories for your weight is going to be like a crash and burn.

2000 cals at least for your weight.
    this... repped
    5'5". 110 lbs. 17% BF
    Yoga, HIIT, Weights 5 days /wk
    Clean raw eating 90% of the time
    No alcohol M-Th

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stick to a diet high in lean quality protein and good clean low glycemic carbohydrates in moderate amounts....Keep fat and sugar content as low as possible....
    ^^^ This ^^^ poster is posting lots of utter nonsense.

Right so my maintenance calories should be 2850, therefore 90% is approx 2500. This still seems high compared to what I've been used to when dieting (i suppose thats why ive always put the weight back on) Will it be ok to aim for 2200? .5g fat per lb is 110lbs fat!!! 1g protein is 220g protein!! This does seem high. Based on this 1000 of my calories will be fats, 880 protein and 300 carbs.

Or

Should I be basing my calcs on my lean body weight which is approx 150lbs??
    So 1850 calories to lose fat, 75g fat, 150g protein and 125g carbs

I'm so clueless!! Haha

Originally Posted by asheley8 View Post
    Right so my maintenance calories should be 2850, therefore 90% is approx 2500. This still seems high compared to what I've been used to when dieting (i suppose thats why ive always put the weight back on) Will it be ok to aim for 2200? .5g fat per lb is 110lbs fat!!! 1g protein is 220g protein!! This does seem high. Based on this 1000 of my calories will be fats, 880 protein and 300 carbs.

Or

Should I be basing my calcs on my lean body weight which is approx 150lbs??
    So 1850 calories to lose fat, 75g fat, 150g protein and 125g carbs

I'm so clueless!! Haha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149239123

Check this thread out and watch the first video and more! it will help a lot.
    I REP BACK

IIFYM

NEBOSH

Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it doesn't matter what you do people here will always tell you you're wrong and to read the stickies, ultimately providing no real first-hand knowledge. and for the most part it will be people without avis.

You are looking to lose weight, your diet will do exactly that. It may be a bit low but if it works for you go for it. These people have no idea how your body reacts to what amount of calories. Only you can tell what's working.

Just stay consistent on your plan and the rest will take care of itself.
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

Originally Posted by Poolee32 View Post
    it doesn't matter what you do people here will always tell you you're wrong and to read the stickies, ultimately providing no real first-hand knowledge. and for the most part it will be people without avis.

You are looking to lose weight, your diet will do exactly that. It may be a bit low but if it works for you go for it. These people have no idea how your body reacts to what amount of calories. Only you can tell what's working.

Just stay consistent on your plan and the rest will take care of itself.
    Thanks man, I had always planned to eat healthier and concentrate on cardio but the more and more ive read the more interested I've become in "the perfect diet" and "turning fat to muscle"

I'll try what I think will work and post results regularly. Will put up photos tomorrow as the iPhone doesn't seem to let me.

[B]My main concern I guess is becoming a fat bodybuilder[\b]

I cant understand the people in the free weights area with big arms and a big round body. That's why I thought cardio was the only way to lose weight, I'm planning on combining the two 50% cardio 50% core strength (no serious weights). Right??

azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azzerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Restricting calories too low too fast will result in metabolic slow down and rotating your carbohydrate intake as in do one high carb day, one low, one medium and then repeat as this will help to avoid that and keep your body guessing,

30 mins of cardio 5 days a week to start.

Stick with this for 3-4 weeks then reassess.
    How are you not banned yet for giving out terrible advice?

OP: Read the stickies. Eat what you want, when you want it, making sure you hit your calorie and macro goals along the way.