riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BF%? When to Bulk?

I have been cutting for 5 months and lost a lot of weight. I am starting to see a lot of progress from when I began and I was just wondering when should I start to bulk and what BF% I am at? I still have fat collected on my buttocks n I know that different people store fat in different places. Well for me it is my butt and that has been the last to start going. I heard that it is easier to lose this so called "stubborn fat" when you get down to a really low BF%. Would it be a lot harder to lose this stubborn fat if I start bulking now? I'm open to any suggestions an guidance. Thanks!
    Attached Images

I am Jack's Cold Sweat. jtbryant420's Avatar
    jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000) jtbryant420 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you do a slow lean bulk you will be ok, but if you wanna get really cut and then start bulking id say keep cutting for a few more months and really track you cals, and push you self in the gym. Then start you clean bulk.
    Fight Club was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement, it's called Project Mayhem. -Tyler Durden.

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there. - Patrick Bateman

SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP I sent similar photos of myself to Sadik Hadzovic he said I needed to forget cutting altogether and clean bulk which will actually cause me to lose fat.

riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm still not sure if I should continue cutting to start bulking yet, so I think I'll wait for a few more comments. Personally, I'd love to start bulking bc I am so sick of dieting. I'm just afraid bulking will make it take a lot longer to lose my stubborn butt fat and I will regret bulking first. (Losing this butt fat is like my main priority). Either of you want to take a guess at my bf%? I would appreciate it! (:

TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SamJaYY View Post
    OP I sent similar photos of myself to Sadik Hadzovic he said I needed to forget cutting altogether and clean bulk which will actually cause me to lose fat.
    A calorie surplus makes you lose fat? Who knew?

Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by riffdex View Post
    I have been cutting for 5 months and lost a lot of weight. I am starting to see a lot of progress from when I began and I was just wondering when should I start to bulk and what BF% I am at? I still have fat collected on my buttocks n I know that different people store fat in different places. Well for me it is my butt and that has been the last to start going. I heard that it is easier to lose this so called "stubborn fat" when you get down to a really low BF%. Would it be a lot harder to lose this stubborn fat if I start bulking now? I'm open to any suggestions an guidance. Thanks!

Hey brah, just saw your photos and I think you should continue to cut until you can see your abs. Once you get to that stage where you've got the aesthetic look, you should go ahead with the clean bulk. And I was in that situation where my stubborn fat resided on my ass.. but trust me if you continue with the cutting phase, maybe incorporate some HIIT sessions and do leg workouts religiously, then you will see the fat on your ass go down slowly but surely.
    Brb clean bulkin.

Led Zeppelin~~~~

Bump

Thanks for the advice so far still waiting on a few more opinions.

On a side note im just wondering if I have much muscle mass that can be seen or will cutting just make me into a stick until I bulk up?Also could anyone guesstimate my BF%?

TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would say you don't have enough muscle mass to be worth it to get to a low BF%. I would try to eat like 5% above your needed calories for a few weeks, then cut to lose more fat.

Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Get2Liftin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cut for another few months this way when you bulk you can have a shorter cut after you decide to lean bulk. Its hard to do but really focus on losing fat the next few months and when the time comes start slowly adding calories back to start a lean bulk. Its much nicer to only have to cut 3 months and get lean after a bulk then the 6+ you are going to need if you bulk now.

Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by riffdex View Post
    Bump

Thanks for the advice so far still waiting on a few more opinions.

On a side note im just wondering if I have much muscle mass that can be seen or will cutting just make me into a stick until I bulk up?Also could anyone guesstimate my BF%?
    I'd guess your BF% around 18% or 20%

Fit4everDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd bulk up some first. No need to cut further until you put on a bit more size. You don't look bad now so go slow and bulk up increase strength and then cut.

Either way good luck
    Fall down seven times - Stand up eight

So many conflicting opinions lol! Idk what to do ):

OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bf 18-20%.

Conflicting opinions because you could go either way. It should be your personal preference on what keeps you the most motivated - either route will be hard work.

Dunno what your end goals are. If you want to be huge - bulk, your bf isn't that high. If you want that fitness model look - cut down to 10-12% then lean bulk. My reasoning, if your strength and size is your goal, you can keep bulking and stay motivated by your strength gains. If you want to be shredded - it is pretty motivating seeing uncovering a sixpack, and that will keep you motivated through your lean bulk.

And yes, it will be more difficult to lose that "stubborn fat" while you are bulking.

Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd probably cut. Id guess your bf is near 20. Try to get down to 10 then begin a slow bulk. maybe continue doing cardio. or even amp it up a bit. either way don't become discouraged.
    Oreos over everything.

Bump

AdamJB22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bro you replied to my thread I appreciate the comments. When it came to my diet was just watching my calorie intake, I wouldnt keep a precise log just a mental common sense log. I'm alot like you, I didnt weigh and calculate my diet. Just used alot of common sense. I stayed away from nearly all sweets and carb heavy foods and stopped eating late dinners. I also cut out all liquids (beer, coffee, sodas) and drank only water and skim milk (with my whey and casein)

Also when it comes to my ab workouts I do about 3-4 sets of 30 weighted situps on my bicep/back days and 3-4 sets of 40 crunches on my gym's crunch machine. I always have done this my last exercise prior to leaving the gym M-F.

Keep up the good work, and my biggest piece of advice is just bust your ass every second you are at the gym in the end it pays off. I never would have imagined to be in the better shape Im in now!

Bump

I want a few more opinions I'm still not sure.
    Funny thing is I see a lot of ppl posting who are a lot skinnier than me and ppl are telling them to cut. Lol.
    I just want to make sure I don't make a mistake by bulking too soon before it is appropriate.
    Thanks for all the advice so far guys!

Bump

Just a quick update. I continued cutting and lost a little more fat. Could anyone please estimate my BF%? And should i continue cutting or bulk now/soon?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5045029...th/8570954466/

Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juggernog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just lean bulk till you go up 10-15lbs and then do a cut
    "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more."

Bump

dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMO other estimations are way too high. Pictures are unclear though.. from those pictures you look like you could be anywhere from 16-22% depending on how much fat you have on your back etc. I'd say 17%.

Originally Posted by dgainsuk View Post
    IMO other estimations are way too high. Pictures are unclear though.. from those pictures you look like you could be anywhere from 16-22% depending on how much fat you have on your back etc. I'd say 17%.
    Thanks for the reply. Were you referring to my original pictures posted or the more recent i posted yesterday? Do you think you could give me an edtimate for my current BF%? Thanks again.

Bump