really87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie: I am poor. What is a good workout and diet for a budget?

Let's just say that I get paid minimum wage and have cut back on unnecessary activities. I do not do drugs, or smoke ANYTHING. I don't even really drink alcohol. I am on food stamps and need a work out diet that will get me to my goal. What is a daily eating and workout routine that will help me? I am 5'9 and about 145 pounds. I want to look like dude in American history X. or at least ripped like i just got out of prison. big shoulders and the whole deal. UFC fighter type.

Please help. Thank you. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by really87; 02-07-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: i put 45 pounds but i meant 145

mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by really87 View Post
    Let's just say that I get paid minimum wage and have cut back on unnecessary activities. I do not do drugs, or smoke ANYTHING. I don't even really drink alcohol. I am on food stamps and need a work out diet that will get me to my goal. What is a daily eating and workout routine that will help me? I am 5'9 and about 45 pounds. I want to look like dude in American history X. or at least ripped like i just got out of prison. big shoulders and the whole deal. UFC fighter type.

Please help. Thank you. I really appreciate it.
    Cheap carbs = Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Whole Wheat Pasta

Cheap protein = Protein Shakes, canned Tuna, Beef

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    White rice and Whey Protein Powder will probably be your best bet for an extreme low budget. I would try to add more variety if possible.

If you can afford it, buy some pasta and oats for additional carbs. Buy some veggies (frozen in bulk) to meet micronutrient goals. Get some frozen meat in bulk and freeze 'em and only thaw them a night before if you plan to eat some.

You will also need some fat source. Olive oil over your food is a good idea, or buy nuts in bulk, or again butter on bread.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here ya go, beginner program from jailworkout.com
    3x per week

Burpee 5—1x
    Pullups 5x3x1x
    Pushups 8x7x1x
    Dips 15x10x1x
    Run in place—2 minutes
    Jump rope movement—2 minutes
    Situps 12x10x1x
    Crunch 15x12x1x

Shadow boxing;
    Right jab—10
    Left jab—10
    Right hook—10
    Left hook—10
    Right uppercut—10
    Left uppercut—10

Jumping jacks—20
    Burpee 5x—1x
    Ab pushup position 1 minute

nagarajnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Search on youtube to learn more exercises that can be done from home..
    Free 2-Week Membership and Personal Work-Out Plan @ http://bit.ly/Vkg7Us

iHyde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    Here ya go, beginner program from jailworkout.com
    3x per week

Burpee 5—1x
    Pullups 5x3x1x
    Pushups 8x7x1x
    Dips 15x10x1x
    Run in place—2 minutes
    Jump rope movement—2 minutes
    Situps 12x10x1x
    Crunch 15x12x1x

Shadow boxing;
    Right jab—10
    Left jab—10
    Right hook—10
    Left hook—10
    Right uppercut—10
    Left uppercut—10

Jumping jacks—20
    Burpee 5x—1x
    Ab pushup position 1 minute
    that sounds interesting.. can anyone tell me what Dips 15x10x1x means? what does 15x10x1 means?

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They mean do a set of 15 reps, then a set of 10 reps, then a set of 1 rep.

I know the workout may seem goofy to some, but if you are on a budget with absolutley no equipment I don't see how you could top a jailhouse workout where you have to improvise everything. I also figure since the OP wanted to look like he just got out of prison this would be the way to go

bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go rob a bank
    Stash the cash
    Plead guilty, go to prison,
    Get released in 10yrs
    PROFIT

Or just do a 5x5 and eat your meat and sweet potatoes
    My yearly income is laughable plus I raising two daughters on my own, get a cheap membership till you can afford a good home power rack, then just eat a lot of meat and vegetables from save-a-lot

WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WWGlide has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get a blender and buy Almonds and Oatmeal. Almonds may seem expensive but cost/calorie they are not and oatmeal is cheap as dirt. Just put them into the blender and make your own meal shakes. Almonds + Oatmeal make a complete protein and contain all the fats and carbs you'll need throughout the day. Add these shakes in with your daily meals and you can prob eat for less than 10$ a day

Originally Posted by WWGlide View Post
    Get a blender and buy Almonds and Oatmeal. Almonds may seem expensive but cost/calorie they are not and oatmeal is cheap as dirt. Just put them into the blender and make your own meal shakes. Almonds + Oatmeal make a complete protein and contain all the fats and carbs you'll need throughout the day. Add these shakes in with your daily meals and you can prob eat for less than 10$ a day
    how much oatmeal and how many almonds a day would you say is good? should i mix it with milk or what? thanks for the advice

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I'd say it's difficult to get enough calories from almonds... 1000 calories from almonds = 40g protein.

Cheap cuts of meat are the way to go. Chicken legs, chuck beef (needs stewing)

OP: there is no point trying to gain mass unless you have at least a barbell. What equipment have you got?

Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I'd say it's difficult to get enough calories from almonds... 1000 calories from almonds = 40g protein.

OP: there is no point trying to gain mass unless you have at least a barbell. What equipment have you got?
    It was from reading this forum that I realized it can be done. You can try some apartment gyms, if you have a friend in one, you can get in there with him/her. They may not have all the equipment, but they will have dumbbells which will allow you to do a lot.
    Prison guys do situps and pushups (I hear), so you can start with that. Herschel Walker said that's all he did back in the day!!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Prisons usually seem to have some weight training equipment.

The rule of thumb is that if you can easily do more than 15 reps with a given exercise, it's probably too light to develop any significant muscle mass.

So you can get quite a long way with chinups but are more limited with pushups and bodyweight squats.

raysugar1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most prison's dont have weights but all the one's i've ever been to have dip and pullup bars. Pull ups', dips and pushups can you give a pretty good physique, I know tons of guys in there jacked and that's pretty much all they do. Trap development is definately lacking on most of them though as well as legs. most dont work legs at all.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

i dont have any equipment..my apartments doesnt have a gym and neither does my work..i walk 30 minutes a day mon-fri...i just got Insanity to hopefully that will get me in shape. i just hope i dont bother my downstairs neighbors