superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How strict do you think barbell rows should be?

Basically, do you think barbell rows should be done with zero hip movement? Or do you prefer to do with a bit looser form?

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think form should ever be perfect. Probably means the weight is too easy. You should expect your form to break down if you are doing something like a 5RM.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000) Quadzillas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you have to be that strict, so long as you aren't rounding your back. It isn't a powerlifting lift so what matters is that you are working your back and making it bigger / stronger without risking injury.

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by superstylr View Post
    Basically, do you think barbell rows should be done with zero hip movement? Or do you prefer to do with a bit looser form?
    "Perfect" form is pretty much unattainable. Form is there so you work the muscle without f*cking your sh*t up. Keep good form on any exercise, including barbell rows.
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The stricter the better - works the targeted area better, and is easier to track progress.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Debatable......Manu (PBateman) back is massive, and his form is terrible in terms of form nazi's. Lots of massive BBers have bad form in lots of lifts.

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you want to brag about your numbers (3+ plates, lol), use as much drive as possible. If you want to work out your intended target, tighten up.
    Last edited by womanoid; 02-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you asked two different questions. I find it important to consider that, in spite of there being one answer on my end.

You should perform the movement to get better at the movement, or target preferred muscles. Neither case be exclusive to your options.

ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I let the bar hang to my kneecaps to get a good stretch then get it to my belly button by anymeans possible and hold it for a few seconds and repeat...lats and forearms(even with straps) get a really good pump from it..

hard to explain but that's how I learned from big dude at my old gym...plus its hard to be strict specially when your throwing around 3+ plates

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    in my opinion barbell rows and any exercise for that matter should be done with strict form. although, i do believe in productive cheating. my definition of productive cheating is on your last set of an exercise, once you reach your last rep, get a bit of body movement to get a few more reps, but at the same time not completely loose form. thats what i do on a lot of my exercises, but not all because there are some exercises that are too dangerous and your body is at too much of an awkward position to be swinging like that and risk injury.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    in my opinion barbell rows and any exercise for that matter should be done with strict form. although, i do believe in productive cheating. my definition of productive cheating is on your last set of an exercise, once you reach your last rep, get a bit of body movement to get a few more reps, but at the same time not completely loose form. thats what i do on a lot of my exercises, but not all because there are some exercises that are too dangerous and your body is at too much of an awkward position to be swinging like that and risk injury.
    Totally agree with this.

I suffered from 3 slipped discs in my lower back because of Barbell Row (Took 1 year of treatment, and still sufferring). I was carrying heavy weight, form wasn't tight, caused my discs to bulge.

IMO this exercise is very dangerous, risky due to the sensitivity of the posture of it, I always considered other types of rows after the injury.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strictly. Risk of back injury is not worth the reward, if any. I think most people with herniated discs or other painful back injuries would agree.

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i think the angle of your back in relation to the ground is overhyped. keep your lower back tight and core tight is critical though.

darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I find 'cheating' with bent-over rows takes the focus of my lats. I find I get better results using extremely strict form - no body language at all. Only the arms move. That works for me. Others swear by using hip drive. That works for them. What works is what's right.
    Love to train.... hate gyms!

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks all

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by darrenash View Post
    I find 'cheating' with bent-over rows takes the focus of my lats. I find I get better results using extremely strict form - no body language at all. Only the arms move. That works for me. Others swear by using hip drive. That works for them. What works is what's right.
    I find the opposite to be true for me, strict form lets me hit the middle back (mid trap, rhamboids) better then looser form.

This just goes to show there are many ways to do barbell rows, find one that fits your specific needs and goals