Thread: Deadlifting

halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlifting

Is his form good? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WP8lEbeY4LM

I always thought the hips have to be lower? I guess I've been doing them wrong then lol..

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by halisray View Post
    Is his form good? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WP8lEbeY4LM

I always thought the hips have to be lower? I guess I've been doing them wrong then lol..
    Don't worry as there are different deadlifting techniques. Hips going lower will put more tension on your legs, and less on your back. Experiment and see what is best for you depending on your goals.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OptimumBody View Post
    Don't worry as there are different deadlifting techniques. Hips going lower will put more tension on your legs, and less on your back. Experiment and see what is best for you depending on your goals.
    This.

I've had people at the Uni gym say that I start with my hips too high, yet they are not as tall as me so they don't know my comfort in starting that way. Find what works for you personally. People are going to be form nazi's from time to time, but do whats comfortable and works for you.

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mtownballer20 View Post
    This.

I've had people at the Uni gym say that I start with my hips too high, yet they are not as tall as me so they don't know my comfort in starting that way. Find what works for you personally. People are going to be form nazi's from time to time, but do whats comfortable and works for you.
    It depends on you body flexibility, and yes, it depends a bit on the height too. Some people have suggested taller people to use a wider leg stance - a sort of sumo deadlift. It takes some time to adapt to that technique and I don't think it works the targeted muscles as much as the usual deadlift though. Its better not to tear a muscle, tendon or ligament than to go to far down with the hips just to satisfy others (especially the 'nazis') who watch you.
    Same thing happens with taller people squatting.

As long as someone is using a form close to the required form and is feeling comfortable (no pain, popping, grinding and so on), and the targeted muscles working, it should be ok.

halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm pretty tall and I've been doing it where I have my hips pretty low, like in a squat position.. I'm going to try and use the attached link in the OP to see how that goes.. hips higher up

I'm 6 foot

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO his first set is the perfect deadlift form. (traditional)

However, obviously his latter sets suffer and his upper back rounds quite a bit. But, lets be honest, everyone here who attempts their 1rm on the deadlift can't say it was perfect