DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DingoCartman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Mass gain results from bodyweight and/or suspension anyone?

Are there any people here who exercise with bodyweight and suspension only?
    Did you succeed in gaining muscle mass, or is it always the "street workout look" i.e. lean but not having huge muscles?

Can someone who works out this way post their photos so we can see the results you achieved?

I went from bodyweight to free weights after an injury, and I can see I am making progress. Also, I lifted during high school and I was pretty big back then, so weights definitely work for me.
    But I would like to try bodyweight and suspension only after I recover fully, and see if I get good results.

When I say bodyweight, I mean apply all the principles and workout structure I use with weights, not just the standard pushup-pullup you hear people do. I mean to actually try to substitute, as much as possible of course, exercises I do with weights.
    In terms of progression, there are always harder exercises you can choose. For example: when I could do 3 sets of 12 reps of regular pushups, I started doing archer pushups. Also, I can wear a weighted vest, or just hang additional weight on myself like some guys I've seen at the gym, doing pullups with a plate chained to their belt.
    As for the isolation, it's more tricky, but when you add a suspension trainer it's pretty close to that. And there are some elite exercises that may not isolate a muscle entirely, but still work it very hard, such as single arm chin up.
    At the worst case, if I won't be able to get results on muscles that are hard to isolate such as biceps, I can always commit a terrible crime against the bodyweight community and have two dumbbells for that purpose only (shhh... don't tell).

Now, for the question that comes first when you read this: Why would you do that if you have weights?
    Don't get me wrong - I started lifting as a teenager, I enjoyed it, and I have nothing bad to say against weights. However, at this time I am going in a bit of a different direction:
    Today I combine running and MMA with strength training, so I need to have a balanced and athletic physique. And personally, today I don't like the idea of being dependent on a gym for something that I view as part of my life - strength training and running. It's just a personal preference, so don't throw tomatoes on me yet weight-lifting dudes, I am still one of you .

So, does anyone workout with bodyweight and/or suspension only? And if so, can we see the results please?
    Last edited by DingoCartman; 04-11-2016 at 02:35 PM.