Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Trying to Get Back at 177 Through Keto

Just to make the intro a quick read; I used to weigh in at about 250lbs, went down to 200, implemented a keto plan, went down to 177. Started traveling for work, gained 15 lbs... I started a keto plan after x-mas, dropped down to 193-195. I messed this up last week due to a travel week again, but still maintaining the same wieght (I watched what I was eating, but really couldnt cut out whole wheat because of working in a plant enviornment - they bought the food).

Starting this as of today again:

Macros (based of cal counter app):

26g Carbs
    182g Protein
    190g Fat

Calories: 2500

My stats:
    195 lbs
    5'10"
    25 y/o

Food:

AM
    6 large egg whites or sometimes i make it a 3egg whites/3 whole eggs split
    5 oz of Macadamian Nuts
    2 chicken thighs

PM
    2 chicken thighs
    Protein powder 25g
    Tuna in olive oil w. a piece of blue cheese
    fish/red meat as a last meal w. a piece of blue cheese

Workouts:
    M: Legs/bis/forearms
    T: OFF
    W:chest/tris
    Th:back/shoulders
    F: OFF
    S: Cardio/abs
    Su: Chest/tris or back/shoulds (alternating weekly)

Supps:
    CLA caps 2x / day
    Green tea extract caps 2x / day
    L-Carnitine caps 2x / day
    BCAA 1g caps 2x prior to workout/2x afterworkout
    NO PWO - they have carbs, nor do i want to get addicted to them again. Jack3d made me crash hard after stoppage.

Let me know any inputs regarding the macros and food intake. I have never used testing strips, so I never really knew if I was on Keto or not.

I will try to implement CKD at a later point and adjust workouts accordingly. First I want to make sure the Keto part of things goes smooth (I bought test strips for the first time).

I have a huge issue with diet soda because I need caffeine in my system (I hate coffee). Does diet soda really slow this Keto process down? Should I rely strictly on water?
    Down from 245 to 184.

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Marty-G View Post
    Just to make the intro a quick read; I used to weigh in at about 250lbs, went down to 200, implemented a keto plan, went down to 177. Started traveling for work, gained 15 lbs... I started a keto plan after x-mas, dropped down to 193-195. I messed this up last week due to a travel week again, but still maintaining the same wieght (I watched what I was eating, but really couldnt cut out whole wheat because of working in a plant enviornment - they bought the food).

Starting this as of today again:

Macros (based of cal counter app):

26g Carbs
    182g Protein
    190g Fat

Calories: 2500

My stats:
    195 lbs
    5'10"
    25 y/o

Food:

AM
    6 large egg whites or sometimes i make it a 3egg whites/3 whole eggs split
    5 oz of Macadamian Nuts
    2 chicken thighs

PM
    2 chicken thighs
    Protein powder 25g
    Tuna in olive oil w. a piece of blue cheese
    fish/red meat as a last meal w. a piece of blue cheese

Workouts:
    M: Legs/bis/forearms
    T: OFF
    W:chest/tris
    Th:back/shoulders
    F: OFF
    S: Cardio/abs
    Su: Chest/tris or back/shoulds (alternating weekly)

Supps:
    CLA caps 2x / day
    Green tea extract caps 2x / day
    L-Carnitine caps 2x / day
    BCAA 1g caps 2x prior to workout/2x afterworkout
    NO PWO - they have carbs, nor do i want to get addicted to them again. Jack3d made me crash hard after stoppage.

Let me know any inputs regarding the macros and food intake. I have never used testing strips, so I never really knew if I was on Keto or not.

I will try to implement CKD at a later point and adjust workouts accordingly. First I want to make sure the Keto part of things goes smooth (I bought test strips for the first time).

I have a huge issue with diet soda because I need caffeine in my system (I hate coffee). Does diet soda really slow this Keto process down? Should I rely strictly on water?
    Looks good from what I see. As for diet soda, I drink them almost every day. Doesn't seem to hinder MY process, but everyone is different. I particularly like Cherry Coke Zero or Pepsi Next.
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marty-G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's amazing how huge traveling for work effects your diet. Amazingly, I stuck to greens and poultry for the most part - this saved me. I did end up getting kicked out of keto, but I am still at 193 with very minimal lifting and cardio. Not complaining. Good thing lent is here - I have given up soda, juice, beer, liquor, anything that is basically classified a complex carb. This should be a very interesting month. I can't wait to see the progress!
    Down from 245 to 184.

Smile

My diet is going great. I am to the point where I don't even need to count my calories anymore because I know how big or small of portions I need throughout the day. I am below 190 as of this afternoon.

I have to travel the next three weeks, so I need to get my calories in at three different meal times and one snack time. I looked at it and seems maintainable, I just have to throw nuts into it as a snack.
    Down from 245 to 184.