dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Muay Thai Training?

Hey, I started Muay Thai training yesterday, I can't go for the rest of the week but as of next Monday I will be going twice a week for proper training. I am going to purchase a punch bag at home as I don't have anyone to work pads with me. But as I will be going to the training twice a week, I need help on what to do at home. Also, should I be doing compound lifts for strength? What should my routine look like so I can get the best out of my training?
    I got 99 problems, but a bench ain't one.

Reigebjj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reigebjj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shadow box, shadow box, shadow box. Drill your movement and your angles.

ChaelSonnenFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Reigebjj View Post
    Shadow box, shadow box, shadow box. Drill your movement and your angles.
    This. Work on keeping your chin down as well. Mirror work really helps.

BodyStrykes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since Muay Thai is primarily striking and since striking is predominantly generated by your hips, you need to work on opening up your hips. For instance when you get your bag setup you need to practice being on the balls of your feet and pivoting on your foot so the power can come out of your hips. When you complete a kick your balanced foot should be facing 180 degrees from origin. Also step with every strike to plant your balance and achieve a firm hold on where your power is coming from. Another point of focus should be getting the hand work down that should be accompanied by a kick. The leg that is doing the kicking should be paired by your arm going down to maintain balance while the other arm should come up to protect a counter-strike to your face. Muay Thai is a sport that requires an incredible attention to small details, get down the proper form and realize that all of your power is derived from your hips so its very important that you utilize it properly.