Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

"You're Fixin' To Mess Up..."

So-Tex's thread title reminded me of an old cassette (of many) that I have of Jerry Clower. For those who don't know of the comedian Jerry Clower...well friends, you've missed out. That's about all I can say. Search him out. You'll be glad you did.

Anyway, as to the point of this post...well, let's just say, in 2:40, ol' Jerry, without question, absolutely nails it.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At age 39, I'm surprised the OP knows who Clower is, lol! I only found out myself in the 70's....because he was always featured on the "comedy" channel of Delta flights (I was an airline brat, and radio/sound w/headphones was all they had back then). I found him funny, honest and clean. Always enjoyed his southern humor and charm.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    One of the best safety briefings I ever got was from a Cav CSM from the 11th ACR.

He said, "If you find yourself about to do something that might be stupid, don't do it. Any questions?"
    That about sums it up.

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    At age 39, I'm surprised the OP knows who Clower is, lol! I only found out myself in the 70's....because he was always featured on the "comedy" channel of Delta flights (I was an airline brat, and radio/sound w/headphones was all they had back then). I found him funny, honest and clean. Always enjoyed his southern humor and charm.
    A native son of the South, and deep-water Southern Baptist, even from early on I grew up on a steady diet of such things - Alabama football (and Bear Bryant Bama football at that), Hee Haw, Grand Ole Opry, classic country music, Billy Graham crusades and Jerry Clower. My grandparents especially loved Jerry Clower. Still have all his old cassettes and a few of his LPs.

He was a good man. Listening to him still brings back many memories for me.