Thread: Bulk or Cut?

fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bulk or Cut?

Hello my name is Alex, and i'm 16 and i have been going to the gym for 7 months now and only started to go on a diet for a month and actually do exercises which i can be consistent with, with correct form. However i was wondering with me going to the gym should i go for a bulking diet or cutting, and i would be grateful if you guys could set me on the right way with what i should intake and what to avoid

Now i want to build muscle however i still have fat on me and in the month of intense training i haven't really seen much change in my stomach, i do an 8 minute ab work out 3 times a week and i know i should spend a day on my abs which i shall proceed on doing, But overall i can feel my self getting stronger as i can lift more however i'm not really seeing it :/, i know it takes time to see changes, but i'm on a bulking diet at the moment and not seeing improvements. i will but photos of me in 1st of Jan and 1st of Feb.

Overall, I am trying to build muscle as i want to improve in my boxing and hit harder, however i need stronger abs so should i do a cutting diet for a month or so and do bulking or what? Also i would be so grateful if you guys could either send me a link with a programme of what i should eat daily.

Thank you very much i am very grateful for you reading this.

Keep on lifting!
    Attached Images

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Take full advantage of your hormonal profile and energy to train and eat to build as much muscle and strength as possible for the next 3-4 years.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your profile is correct, you weigh 140ish. At your age and size I would bulk man. Chicks love big arms, and in the end everyone knows working out isn't about getting strong, being fit, or getting bigger....its about the chicks.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bulk. Don't need to eat and scarf yourself until you explode, but definitely eat (bulk). Like ironwill2008 said, your hormones are at its prime at this moment. If you cut, you are wasting your muscle growth potential and growth overall.

Build great muscle and gain a lot of strength.

Originally Posted by 23Akers View Post
    If your profile is correct, you weigh 140ish. At your age and size I would bulk man. Chicks love big arms, and in the end everyone knows working out isn't about getting strong, being fit, or getting bigger....its about the chicks.
    Partially agree with this. Some people want to change their lives around because they were skinny their whole life or fat their whole life, or have cardiovascular problems and need to fix it.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 23Akers View Post
    I agree with all of this but the "Chicks love big arms" part.

That's the wrong reason to work out, the other reasons are valid though.. do it for you, your health, and to be a better person for your family.

Take advantage of your hormones like I mentioned earlier. You know that saying "I wish I'd known then what I know now...." Well for me it's very true. I'll be 41 in June and still have a long way to go to get into the shape I could have started getting into 20 years ago when it would have much easier to do so.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a teen bodubuilda too. At your size/age I'd probably clean bulk. You can put on decent muscle, and have a 'puffy', swole look. The girls don't know the diffence - they just see a swole teen.
    The only thing you have to worry about is putting on fat. It's terrible having a gut hanging off you during teen years, so on your bulk you should definitely eat clean. Don't go insanely over your matainence calories in surplus. Add about 300-400 on top of your maintainance and you should be fine.
    If you choose to bulk, don't worry about a mass gainer. Meet those 3-400 extra calories in another meal. Just make sure it's clean.
    I know this works because I've done this exact thing before.
    Good luck bro. Hope this has helped.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    OFFICIAL BODYBUILDING.COM PLATINUM ACCOUNT
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think there are wrong reasons to work out. In the end working out will make you healthier. If you want to do it solely for the girls then set your goals and work your ass off for it. Best of luck bulking.

fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fireballxray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JMcC775 View Post
    I don't think there are wrong reasons to work out. In the end working out will make you healthier. If you want to do it solely for the girls then set your goals and work your ass off for it. Best of luck bulking.
    My goal at the gym is to increase my boxing strength Thanks and good luck to you mate

Originally Posted by BigRees View Post
    I'm a teen bodubuilda too. At your size/age I'd probably clean bulk. You can put on decent muscle, and have a 'puffy', swole look. The girls don't know the diffence - they just see a swole teen.
    The only thing you have to worry about is putting on fat. It's terrible having a gut hanging off you during teen years, so on your bulk you should definitely eat clean. Don't go insanely over your matainence calories in surplus. Add about 300-400 on top of your maintainance and you should be fine.
    If you choose to bulk, don't worry about a mass gainer. Meet those 3-400 extra calories in another meal. Just make sure it's clean.
    I know this works because I've done this exact thing before.
    Good luck bro. Hope this has helped.
    Cheers mate i'm gonna try and do a clean bulk, i'm gonna go to the shops today and buy the **** i need

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    I agree with all of this but the "Chicks love big arms" part.

That's the wrong reason to work out, the other reasons are valid though.. do it for you, your health, and to be a better person for your family.

Take advantage of your hormones like I mentioned earlier. You know that saying "I wish I'd known then what I know now...." Well for me it's very true. I'll be 41 in June and still have a long way to go to get into the shape I could have started getting into 20 years ago when it would have much easier to do so.
    Very true mate, Good luck at the gym and thank you very much for your help!

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Take full advantage of your hormonal profile and energy to train and eat to build as much muscle and strength as possible for the next 3-4 years.
    Thanks mate! i'll do my best + some! Good Lifting!