iemcj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Non epaulet shoulder pads for wrs?

Hey guys, first post! I've been a lurker here for about a year, searching through questions and reading. I finally had a question I couldn't find an answer to so I made an account!

Does anyone know if non epaulet shoulder pads are a big deal or not for a wr? I made a local semi pro team and have all my equipment lined up except for shoulder pads and have a budget of about 150 bucks or so. I really wanted to get the Armour lite (also called Armour flex) wr/qb pads and I see on their website they have a non epault version. The description says it makes it lighter and less material to grab onto so it sounds good, just wondering how it works in the real world since I've never seen this before. Is that a bigger deal for linemen or for wrs?

For background, I'm 25, I play for a semipro football team and it's pretty competitive. A lot of guys play college ball in the fall then in this league in the spring. We lost the championship last year by a field goal so if getting these non epaulet pads makes me even a little faster or harder to grab then I'd love to buy them. Just concerned since I've never seen this design before. Thanks a ton guys!

PS, I tried to post the link but it won't let me due to low post count. Just google search "Armor Flex Non-Epaulet-80046" and it's the second result (the one from the Shutt website)

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As a wide receiver, qb, db, etc., you will get a better range of motion with non epaulet shoulder pads. But of course, less protection to your shoulder.

As for harder to grab, it won't really make a difference. It's not like if you had an epaulet on your shoulder pads, that it would stick out and make it easier for someone to grab. Because of your jersey, it would be flush to your skin. So, there really is no advantage or disadvantage in that department for the skilled positions. It's all about range of motion.

iemcj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info. I don't expect to have a lot of problems with moving my arms with the regular version (since that's what people have used for years with no problem). New isn't always better right? Thanks!