krussel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much confusion on cheat days

There is so much confusion and opinions in terms of cheat days/meals, so I can't figure out what I should probably do. The problem is, I am one of those who can't simply 'fit it in to my macros' or have a cheat meal and feel satisfied. If I wanted to cheat and fit it into my macros, I would have to starve all day then eat 1 pizza...that is worse than dieting normally to me. The things I'd like to cheat on would not fit into my macros. Secondly, I am one of those people who once they have a taste of junk food they have to go all out. So, I can't figure out if once every two weeks/10days/a week, going all out and say having a huge fry up in the morning, subway for lunch and pizzas for dinner a long with cookies/chocolate during the day is actually ok? Most will say not, but for someone like me I can't see any other options to satisfy my cravings! I did this the other day and I feel right ok I can wait till another 10 days now, I'm cool. However I do still feel bloated..

Anyway, what are your opinions? Try not to tell me to be disciplined bro, or do a cheat meal IIFYM etc etc cause we all know that ain't gonna work!

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    seek professional help...this is either the start or the signs you have a binge eating disorder
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

Originally Posted by Tdiguy View Post
    seek professional help...this is either the start or the signs you have a binge eating disorder
    Its not this, this kind of response always comes from someone who simply isn't a big eater. I have never been fat in my entire life. I just enjoy good food and wan't to know how I still can whilst dieting. Serious man, cannot stand it when I get useless advise from someone who obviously doesn't share the same problem, why reply? I've never had to binge because I ate some cheat stuff all the time therefore didn't crave it just as much. However this has changed over the past 8 months when I started to lift and diet.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by krussel View Post
    Its not this, this kind of response always comes from someone who simply isn't a big eater. I have never been fat in my entire life. I just enjoy good food and wan't to know how I still can whilst dieting. Serious man, cannot stand it when I get useless advise from someone who obviously doesn't share the same problem, why reply? I've never had to binge because I ate some cheat stuff all the time therefore didn't crave it just as much. However this has changed over the past 8 months when I started to lift and diet.
    Ha whatever bud, you wanted advice on what then yah its perfectly normal to stuff your face with 8k calories....common sound normal to you?

Someone who isnt a big eater LOL...bro i could eat you under the table any day, and you know how i know this is binge eating? because ive been/still there.

Bulking

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It does sound like you've, at the least, developed an unhealthy relationship with food and, perhaps, a full-blown eating disorder.

Ha whatever bud, you wanted advice on what then yah its perfectly normal to stuff your face with 8k calories....common sound normal to you?

Someone who isnt a big eater LOL...bro i could eat you under the table any day, and you know how i know this is binge eating? because ive been/still there.
    So why tell me I need help, when you binge eat? Why not tell me how you do it, and it seems to work for you and maybe how you do it. Or just general advise

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    It does sound like you've, at the least, developed an unhealthy relationship with food and, perhaps, a full-blown eating disorder.
    What about hodgetwins for example, they have a fully blown cheat day and they seem to manage just fine without stating that they have a 'full-blown eating disorder'

So why tell me I need help, when you binge eat? Why not tell me how you do it, and it seems to work for you and maybe how you do it. Or just general advise
    Because i am not a trained professional/or doctor who deals with binge eating.....Im telling you what i see not how to treat it. If i knew how to fix it i wouldnt be telling you to seek help, mine stems from dropping mass amount of weight to quickly and my body trying to reject current weight ect ect.

Bulking

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont have a binge eating disorder because i dont eat because im emotional or anything, i like to feel full since i never do, unless i have a massive ammount of food. So i set maybe 2 or 3 days out of the months for anything to eat, and that is enough for me. I can control myself, and it seems like you can not control yourself. Its all about will power OP, learn some. Add "junk food" into the week so you dont feel like overeating if your not a big eater. You must be a big eater if you like to binge.

BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Find a cheat meal 'substitute' that could fit your macros. Like some Weight Watcher food crap or similar.
    Just a suggestion.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    OFFICIAL BODYBUILDING.COM PLATINUM ACCOUNT
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also people that say someone overeats has an eating disorder, what happens if their a competitive eater? Furious pete use to be anorexic, does he have binge eating disorder now? Not trying to point anything out, just a statement;question.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OoChadwickoO View Post
    Also people that say someone overeats has an eating disorder, what happens if their a competitive eater? Furious pete use to be anorexic, does he have binge eating disorder now? Not trying to point anything out, just a statement;question.

He does so at his choosing, not compulsively.
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by OoChadwickoO View Post
    I would say over eating is a disorder, much the same as undereating....If it effects your body id say its a disorder.....Furious pete or competitive eaters may not do this weekly/monthly ect they may just do it 2 times a year or something. I think where it becomes a problem is when control is lost. I never said he had a disorder i just suggested it sounds like that kind of behavior

Bulking

I would say over eating is a disorder, much the same as undereating....If it effects your body id say its a disorder.....Furious pete or competitive eaters may not do this weekly/monthly ect they may just do it 2 times a year or something. I think where it becomes a problem is when control is lost. I never said he had a disorder i just suggested it sounds like that kind of behavior
    Aha yea i know what you meant, OP didnt mean what you meant. Its all will power, without it well your not a man yet i guess (:

Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ben6485 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love pizza and all that bad stuff as well. When I have cheat meals I just make sure I put out what I'm limiting myself to and put the rest up.
    It's tough bro I've been there....but that's the only way I can do it.
    Rough it out for your cut and then eat that stuff when your on a bulk.
    Me...after this summer I'm doing a long clean bulk so I'm gonna have to hold off on eating high calorie foods for the most part.

Like the above comment says...It's all about will power. Mind over matter my friend...you can do it.
    Dallas Sports/Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ****Dallas Misc Crew****
    bb.com's Jiu Jitsu team
    Beer Crew
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***

Never quit, because only the strong survive.

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try Intermittent Fasting. Fast for 16 hours.. break your fast with 1 big meal that's around half of your daily calories, and have a 2nd big meal later in the day (after gym usually) for the other half calories. Fast again for 16 hours and repeat.
    I love eating big meals and this is the best solution to me. I still get hungry when I fast - but the end result is worth it.

"Like the above comment says...It's all about will power. Mind over matter my friend...you can do it."
    ^^^If you don't have that..nothing will help you

23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10) 23Akers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't often have cheat meals, but when I do I go wild.

Originally Posted by Ben6485 View Post
    I love pizza and all that bad stuff as well. When I have cheat meals I just make sure I put out what I'm limiting myself to and put the rest up.
    It's tough bro I've been there....but that's the only way I can do it.
    Rough it out for your cut and then eat that stuff when your on a bulk.
    Me...after this summer I'm doing a long clean bulk so I'm gonna have to hold off on eating high calorie foods for the most part.

Like the above comment says...It's all about will power. Mind over matter my friend...you can do it.
    I'm just going to have to try cheat meals I guess, thinking about doing a day where I eat my normal foods but don't measure the quantity, just eat the clean foods..but more of it I guess. Then at dinner, get one cheat meal?

Originally Posted by mh22 View Post
    Try Intermittent Fasting. Fast for 16 hours.. break your fast with 1 big meal that's around half of your daily calories, and have a 2nd big meal later in the day (after gym usually) for the other half calories. Fast again for 16 hours and repeat.
    I love eating big meals and this is the best solution to me. I still get hungry when I fast - but the end result is worth it.

"Like the above comment says...It's all about will power. Mind over matter my friend...you can do it."
    ^^^If you don't have that..nothing will help you
    Yeah, this is a good idea, however I love to eat a lot..but this might just work, cheers I will try it.

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a "cheat day" yesterday. I ate half a pizza, a coffee milkshake and a bowl of ice cream. I skipped my usual lunch.

OP, what you mentioned seems a little over the top. You shouldn't have to work in extremes. Moderation is the key.

Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP it is entirely possible that you are cutting on too few calories. One thing you could try is IF, or, Intermitten fasting. Its essentially where you fast for part of the day, and have a smaller feeding window. This often allows higher satiety for people like you. That, or, you could try making variations of the foods you want that are more macro friendy for you. You said you like pizza, well you can make a pizza with a flatout bread (100 cals), 2 tbsp pizza sauce (30 cals), 1/2 cup cheese (160 cals), and then whatever otehr topping you want. Thats a pretty large pizza for only ~300 calories. A burger? start with a leaner beef.

As for me, i used to cut at rediculously low calories and i "cheated" often. Now i'm eating about 1100 calories more than I used to per day, and filling my diet with only foods I enjoy, and i have had fewer problems. Think of it this way, if you binge eat on 5000 (give or take X), that is a massive setback. Your body tracks everything, even if you don't. Why not eat a reasonable amount of calories and lose weight at a steady rate. If you lose 1lb a week, thats about 48 lbs a year. 2lbs a week, thats 96 lbs a year. You can't rush it or you may run into ED problems.