kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rage a good motivation?

I know it's not the wisest time to be making your calls spc. in a room full of big weights, but at some point you just use whatever motivation you can get.

This is not the 'excercise helps with your stress' bit.
    I'm talking about using your own rage to push through past the numbers you're used to achieve.

AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamTrue85UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At the very, very start of my training when really frustrated with my general health and physique and some other things I'd try and use my anger as tool to try and push through sets. But it was detrimental to my training and I very quickly snapped out of dwelling on neg stuff when training. My mind was busy with other things rather than 100% centered on the reps. I also found out how down I would feel afterwards if failing a certain lift etc and part of the reason why I was feeling down and indeed failing some of those lifts was because I was in a negative mindset to start with. I found training with a more positive backbone when it came to mentality really added to my drive and successes instead.

Some people find directly using and venting their rage when training helps with their lifts as well as cathartic turning negative crap bothering them into something positive. Different people, different strokes. I just leave any **** like that at that door. Training for me is a way to get away from everything else, it's solely "me" time.
    Last edited by AdamTrue85UK; 02-04-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    ~224 days in ~ (12/05/13)

lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawlShep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    idk it depends on how you feel honestly. sometimes I use my rage to push myself and it makes for a good workout. sometimes I use my rage and it just kind of leads to sloppy reps and a quick "burnt out" feeling. you just gotta dial the rage back if it's making you a little too careless

vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you just broke up with your gf and you're mad, and you go to the gym to change yourself with that type of rage to show her whats up, then I guess in that case rage is good and hopefully after you see results it just does the job of driving you forward and it becomes your lifestyle.

Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amine999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Motivation is something I never lack, the reason I'm still fat to this day after years of going to the Ymca is because I lack discipline, consistency, organization and dedication.

Rage and anger are some of the best motivations, but you have to know how to use it, channel it, think about why you're angry, think of what makes you angry. For me it was being laughed at, made fun of, looked down upon, and just treated differently, because I was fat, I was constantly made fun of, even by my best friends, ever since I was 5, I've been getting teased about my weight. I made a resolution and a bet to lose weight last year, but my stubbornness made it impossible, because my ways of losing weight were utterly wrong, so I failed. But this year, I went out of my way to get a perfectly balanced work-out routine by 2 of my closest friends, 1 who is a huge optimist and a dreamer/goal-achiever, and the other is health-wiz who loves bulking, exercising and is applying as a Fitness Trainer at GoodLife.

So think about your lifestyle, what changes you want to make, why you want to make those changes, and who are you trying to impress, if people always believed you couldn't do it, prove them wrong, if there was a clothing size you've always dreamed of wearing forever, work to get it, if you're sick of being single after years and years of being rejected or ignored, change for the better. I personally shouldn't be giving advice on motivation and changing, because I've failed enough times myself and had plenty of time to change, but the least I can do is help you not make the same mistakes I did and at least incite you to change.

shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would be wary about using Rage and Anger as motivators. Now, there are times when I use it. I am 3 months into training I still have 16% body fat and I was at a party where this girl that commented on how fit I looked and to keep it up. This made me feel good. Not long afterwards another girl (granted she was wasted) grabbed me by my stomach fat and said that I still had a lot of work to do. I try to not let stuff like that bother me but it stuck in my head. I have been using that all week to get some great reps. That feeling started as anger but quickly turned into a "I'll show her" which, I think, is a healthy motivator.
    -Work in progress-

atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atlas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    RAGE is probably one of the best tools out there for the gym
    if you can turn a negative thing and use it in the gym to make
    u better ofcourse its good.
    kai greene said it himself theres no way ronnie coleman would
    be able to squat down to the floor with that much weight on his
    shoulders without rage.
    i use it in the gym all the time, i come in pissed and i leave feeling
    like ive acomplished something and more relaxed

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kenjoshx View Post
    I know it's not the wisest time to be making your calls spc. in a room full of big weights, but at some point you just use whatever motivation you can get.

This is not the 'excercise helps with your stress' bit.
    I'm talking about using your own rage to push through past the numbers you're used to achieve.
    Only rage i suggest using in the gym is the rage of being mad at the weight(get that big bitch off your chest if you were benching). Saying things in your head like oh you think i cant push you off me get the f off of me and you lift is a decent way to use rage this helps you focus on what you are doing. Meaning you do not lose form and you can always have the same "rage" motivation. If you ever feel as you are losing strength and you are not hitting the numbers you hit a couple of weeks ago it's probably you are not allowing your body to rest enough so instead of being 100% you are more so at around 85% which can lead to stopping lifting altogether. Motivation is a mind set you really don't have to be motivated to go to the gym. Treat it like a job( a job to get body you want, just like the job you pursue to get the money you want to buy the things you want) it is mandatory to go to the gym which means you have no choice but to reach the rep quota. Use your mind and make excuses for going to the gym. For an example my big toe hurts i need to see my personal trainer......damn since i am in the gym anyway might as well workout!!!!!

oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get back to me after reading this
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Ke0Yekjm

MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rage is the best motivation imo. At the gym I just make myself pissed off and hateful of everything.

Originally Posted by shanim1094 View Post
    I am 3 months into training I still have 16% body fat.
    Sorry to say it by judging by your avi you are probably closer to 25%. At 16% you wouldn't have much to grab.

That said, comments from girls are great motivation.
    "Today’s bodybuilders are carrying too much muscle for their frames, which distorts and obscures the natural lines of the body. Why these men would aspire to deform themselves at such tremendous sacrifice is incomprehensible."

-Steeve Reeves

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I do heavy dumbbell rows I always imagine I'm ripping someone's throat or spine out with my bare hands. Not anyone specific, mind you, just a "bad guy" or whatever. I can turn it on and off. I have to tap my rage to do heavy overheads as well.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!