Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I must also say....and maybe I am completely wrong on this.

But some people are more proned genetically to build muscle and lose fat by eating "regular" food.

Others (where I find myself) are not blessed in that regard.
    So we have to do other things to get those gains.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sdunn96 View Post
    If I were about 10 - 15 yrs younger, then I assure you, I would have no problems......but now it really sucks to get old.

What does your age have to do with this?

Originally Posted by sdunn96 View Post
    Scam or not... I don't know.
    But I think I have supplements in my house that I would get regardless of who was pushing it, just as I am sure you do.
    for me:
    whey protein?.... Check
    casein protein?.... Check
    creatine?..... Check
    glutamine..... Check
    Pre-Workout..... Check.
    Multi-Vitamin.... Check.

Is there anything in that list that most if not all of us have to begin with?

If you're asking for personal experience here, the only thing on that list I use is a multi, and that's only for cheap 'insurance.' You're free, of course, to spend your own money however you see fit.

My only hope is that you're buying all that stuff from bbdotcom; your contribution to Mr. DeLuca helps to keep the lights on over here.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What does your age have to do with this?
    Well for me it seems to have a lot.
    Back when I was 20 yrs old.....I could sit and tap my foot and burn calories.
    At 35.....that ain't the case.

Kevbot25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by razor23 View Post
    Wow, all liquid except for 1 solid meal. This is one of the worst nutrition plans I've ever seen. If it works for you, I'm sure it won't kill you or anything but I could never, and would never, do anything like that plan.
    Well if you WERE too do this. Would replacing the supplements with a glass of milk be good enough? I can't afford all those things and I've never taken anything like that nor do I want too

BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    None of that is necessary and the only thing on that list that can uniquely help some folks is creatine, and that only provides a 1% or 2% advantage in those that respond to supplementation.
    I'm striving for minimalism, using only the basics. Some vitamins, some minerals, whey and creatine. But to be fair, advantage in those that respond to creatine supplementation is more than 1-2 % not much more, but more. About 5-10% in my experience.
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA

"Talk all you want about arcane bodybuilding theories. I'll be in the gym. It's leg day"
    -Dave Draper

"Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

"What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man ... The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Myles375 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by warrenco26 View Post
    Been doing it for 5 days bro....i feel good. Some how i do feel energetic and i can do 2 workouts a day. I guess ill try to get back to you in 23 days. 5 days , 5 solid meals. 👍👍👍
    I am at the end of my second week, stuck to it well although been getting my macros back on weekends with the keto side of a diet. Transformation is noticeable and would recommend it for a month for sure!

bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SInce someone brought this semi old thread back into play.... I am curious to know those who did Plitt's 28 day program make out?
    "So you think you can win?....... I don't think I can lose."

amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "What is liquid? No digestion!" LOL. If anything you'd burn maybe 1-2 more calories eating solids from the muscles of mastication when chewing.

My brain hurt listening to all his nonsense. He tried saying things like it takes more energy to digest non-liquid food.

"Your body needs more food at certain times of the day than others"

He's a moron. He also called it a cave man style diet.... Because cavemen blended all there food in there blenders and never ate solid foods.
    ****s

stevenk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok,

I am into week 2 of this MFT28. I have shoulder injuries from a car accident 7 years ago and hockey in my teens. I have been following Greg Plitt's website for almost 12 months. I stopped working out back in November due to an issue with my shoulder's interior, I didn't hurt myself from Greg's workouts. Anyways problem has been corrected and I am back at the gym working out.

I have taken the MFT28 program and used I would say 90% of the workouts, some I can't do due to the lack of some of the equipment, tires, ropes etc. I have replaced those workouts with other's from both Greg's website and other exercises. I am also extremely cautious of how my body feels and don't go crazy no matter what.

Anyways I have just finished back morning day 9 and I am following the diet exactly as described. I am not using creatine at the moment as I keep hearing conflicting information on the stuff. Including my doctor. I am finding overall, the diet works for me and I am losing weight and toning back up. I have fat to lose and the diet is overall working. I like Greg's approach, I don't want to create mass and for my body frame and build that is too easy to do. I also study martial arts and don't need to lose speed and am more focused on working on a healthy strong body.

I respect that not everyone likes or agree's with Greg's approach but so far it has not failed me and I also take from his website the info that when you try something it does not necessarily work for everyone and you should discard what is not for you.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    I am following the diet exactly as described....

....... I am not using creatine at the moment ....
    Then you're not following it "exactly."

Join date = 2008

post count =1

Plitt, is that you?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Join date = 2008

post count =1

Plitt, is that you?
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started typing a response but realized I missed 2 shakes already.

BRB
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Well yeah I am not taking the creatine, the funny part I find is the bashing on this website, sad but every forum must have its trolls I guess.

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well yeah I am not taking the creatine, the funny part I find is the bashing on this website, sad but every forum must have its trolls I guess.
    "345am- Wake up and down 2 scoops of whey.
    415am- PWO drink on the way to the gym
    530am- Post recovery Amino’s
    600am- Post workout protein + carb shake
    900am- Bridge drink-2 scoops casein w/ carrots, kale, mustard greens, collard greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and some other veggies thrown in.
    1230pm- Solid meal- lots of lean protein and lots of leafy green veggies, broccoli, asparagus. I eat a lot (for me). Because its clean eating I can eat as much until I am comfortable and satisfied not miserable.
    300pm- 2nd preworkout meal.
    500pm- post workout shake
    900pm- Pre bed bridge meal- Scoops of casein w/water."

and we're trolling.....
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When anyone makes claims about nutrition, the folks in this forum do not hold back when they smell questionable claims.

If you have a specific question about a specific claim Plitt makes about nutrition, ask it and you will receive quality answers. Trolling may be part of any internet forum, but you should realize that many of the commenters in this subforum know what they are talking about.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    When anyone makes claims about nutrition, the folks in this forum do not hold back when they smell questionable claims.

If you have a specific question about a specific claim Plitt makes about nutrition, ask it and you will receive quality answers. Trolling may be part of any internet forum, but you should realize that many of the commenters in this subforum know what they are talking about.
    I posted what I was doing with the MFT28 program, someone else on the forums was asking how people are making out with the program. People can question what they want, so far following his nutrition plan (yes no creatine) to see how it effects my workouts has not been detrimental, I have used a similar program in the past for hockey, so this is familiar to me. I am almost not looking to gain size but strength and condition for my martial arts.

every forum must have its trolls I guess.
    This is correct.

I'd say you're this forum's newest member of that group.

But keep on posting; I'm sure lulz will follow.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

This is correct.

I'd say you're this forum's newest member of that group.

But keep on posting; I'm sure lulz will follow.
    I don't know what your problem is with someone commenting on a forum. If you have a problem with me, I will just have to find a way to live with that disheartening news.

I don't know what your problem is with someone commenting on a forum. If you have a problem with me, I will just have to find a way to live with that disheartening news.
    No problem here, brah. I'm simply posting on an interwebz forum.

Why should that be a problem?
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

No problem here, brah. I'm simply posting on an interwebz forum.

Why should that be a problem?
    Cool, I am just offering what I am trying to do here, as for my account I joined years ago, I just never used the site. If I am the one coming off as a troll I do apologize, it is not my intent.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I am the one coming off as a troll I do apologize, it is not my intent.
    It's just hard to believe that anyone could fall for such an absurd diet program.

It's just hard to believe that anyone could fall for such an absurd diet program.
    I haven't fallen for anything, I want to see if I can sustain my workouts on his diet. It is not a crime to try things, I by no means see this diet as a sustainable diet. If I find the diet not working, I will change it up. Same with the workout, I have no issue changing the workout if I feel it is negatively effecting me. If the diet is even successful and I can make it the whole 28 days, I will by no means stay on a liquid diet.

"345am- Wake up and down 2 scoops of whey.
    415am- PWO drink on the way to the gym
    530am- Post recovery Amino’s
    600am- Post workout protein + carb shake
    900am- Bridge drink-2 scoops casein w/ carrots, kale, mustard greens, collard greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and some other veggies thrown in.
    1230pm- Solid meal- lots of lean protein and lots of leafy green veggies, broccoli, asparagus. I eat a lot (for me). Because its clean eating I can eat as much until I am comfortable and satisfied not miserable.
    300pm- 2nd preworkout meal.
    500pm- post workout shake
    900pm- Pre bed bridge meal- Scoops of casein w/water."

I do like this meal set up too. When I do say I am following the mft28 diet, I am having a good portion of fish protein for my solid meal and I normally consume about 2-3 cups of broccoli and asparagus. I also mix in spinach and carrots into my morning bridge meal.
    Last edited by stevenk; 04-09-2013 at 01:01 PM.

I haven't fallen for anything, I want to see if I can sustain my workouts on his diet. It is not a crime to try things, I by no means see this diet as a sustainable diet. If I find the diet not working, I will change it up. Same with the workout, I have no issue changing the workout if I feel it is negatively effecting me. If the diet is even successful and I can make it the whole 28 days, I will by no means stay on a liquid diet.

As most of you probably know better than me, this diet would not be suitable for bulking and I am not treating this workout as a bulking program in any way shape or form.
    Does your office job there at bbdotcom require you to use one of the hundreds of user account names they've reserved in the past to defend their bogus "programs," or are you just over in the forums while on break from taking supp orders, and trolling us?
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven't fallen for anything, I want to see if I can sustain my workouts on his diet. It is not a crime to try things, I by no means see this diet as a sustainable diet.
    Yes, you have.

Your total daily intake of calories and the macronutrient composition of those calories will govern.

The absolutely asinine food selection, inane meal timing and pathological meal frequency will not have a significantly negative impact on short-term outcomes.

In other words, you're trying the equivalent of a diet that requires you to sit in silence for two hours before each meal, while wearing a blue shirt, one sock and no underwear. If you consume a reasonable amount of calories and meet macronutrient sufficiency, you'll progress on such a program, but honestly, how many people are stupid enough to fall for such an idiotic protocol?

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

As most of you probably know better than me, this diet would not be suitable for bulking and I am not treating this workout as a bulking program in any way shape or form.
    Any diet will work and help you reach your goals if your macronutrient needs (protein and fat) are reached and you're in a deficit or surplus. The sources are irrelevant, but if you're just eating protein powder and one solid meal a day, you're probably not going to get an assortment of micronutrients.

And you can do whatever you want, but there's 0 benefit to putting your body and wallet through this. And you're structuring your life (eating schedule and severely limited food choices) and buying all the supps he's pushing with this program, that's kind of falling for it. If you get good results, people might attribute the results to the moronic program and continue the cycle.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness

Yes, you have.

Your total daily intake of calories and the macronutrient composition of those calories will govern.

The absolutely asinine food selection, inane meal timing and pathological meal frequency will not have a significantly negative impact on short-term outcomes.

In other words, you're trying the equivalent of a diet that requires you to sit in silence for two hours before each meal, while wearing a blue shirt, one sock and no underwear. If you consume a reasonable amount of calories and meet macronutrient sufficiency, you'll progress on such a program, but honestly, how many people are stupid enough to fall for such an idiotic protocol?
    I will say if there is a hard part to the diet if would be the afternoon. My schedule works for the morning portion of the diet. I am not recommending anything yet. Maybe the whole program is total b.s. in the meantime I am on it and I am sticking to the plan until I see a reason to stop. Do you have a problem with that? if so come pay my bills and I will do things the way you like.

I will say if there is a hard part to the diet if would be the afternoon. My schedule works for the morning portion of the diet. I am not recommending anything yet. Maybe the whole program is total b.s. in the meantime I am on it and I am sticking to the plan until I see a reason to stop. Do you have a problem with that? if so come pay my bills and I will do things the way you like.
    If you want to engage in utterly absurd dietary rituals, which require absolutely asinine food selection, inane meal timing and pathological meal frequency, then you're the only one that is going to be harmed (as long as others don't fall for such obvious lunacy).

P. T. Barnum and David Hannum are both laughing from the beyond, saying "I told you so!!!"

If you want to engage in utterly absurd dietary rituals, which require absolutely asinine food selection, inane meal timing and pathological meal frequency, then you're the only one that is going to be harmed (as long as others don't fall for such obvious lunacy).

P. T. Barnum and David Hannum are both laughing from the beyond, saying "I told you so!!!"
    If you want to debate meal times, thats cool always up to learning more information. If people believe eating solid foods is better than eating liquid foods that is their own misguided opinion. as for adding foods to the bridge meals. I do add lots of veggies to my morning meal. Supplements I tailor to what I need and what my doctor recommends based on my health.

The good part of this thread is that any rational individual reading the posts contained therein would obviously abstain from following such an overtly inane dietary protocol.

The good part of this thread is that any rational individual reading the posts contained therein would obviously abstain from following such an overtly inane dietary protocol.

People will make their own judgements if they want to follow the diet. If you don't care for the diet that is your own opinion, let other's make up there own minds what works for them.