lilacpretty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Workout For Mass Gain???

my husband has been trying to find a workout to help him gain more mass. he's been body building for about 20yrs. is there any one in particular u guys feel stands out from the rest? i respect all of ur opinions...ALOT, would love some input i can pass on to him. thanx!
    jill

TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Workout For Mass Gain???

Originally posted by lilacpretty
    my husband has been trying to find a workout to help him gain more mass. he's been body building for about 20yrs. is there any one in particular u guys feel stands out from the rest? i respect all of ur opinions...ALOT, would love some input i can pass on to him. thanx!
    For Mass Gain, I usually look at three thing in conjunction with each other:

High calorie intake
    Max-ot
    GVT
    Question is: are you really going to mind if you hit your goals without puking 3 times a week?
    by Daniel Roberts

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lilac..

First off Id have yer hubby come on here to intro himself so we can get a better feel for him and what hes lookin for..
    But GVT, Max OT are great places to start

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lilac, if he has been working out for 20 years it would be helpful if he posted what he has been doing. If he is not changing he must be the same thing over and over. I'm talking about his diet, workout, and effort.

giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Lilac -

after 20 years, he must have tried lots of stuff .. my suggestion would be the same as some of the others .. GVT and MAX-OT .. I can personally say GVT worked best for me but I haven't given MAX-OT a fair shot yet .. I'd also tell him to come on the boards and talk to us himself .. if he's been training for that long, I'm sure he could certainly offer alot !

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You all know what I'm going to say. LOL.

Max-OT baby Most Muscular swears by it and we all seen the shape he's in. Good enough for him, good enough for me.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

hbk3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

tell him to eat everything in sight icecream at bedtime , dairy queen peanut buster parfaits good . buffets are great sodas, then lift MAX-OT . i helped a lot of guys get strong and big but they all leave when there guts grow . the only guy i helped that keeps getting lean mass is a mexican , he eats rice cakes with peanut butter on them. the way i believe is you must have a block of something before you can chisel it down to something great . lean mass is a slow proposition i do not want to be ripped except for a nearly flat stomach and bicep veins. and i still want massive strength.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hbk3
    tell him to eat everything in sight icecream at bedtime , dairy queen peanut buster parfaits good . buffets are great sodas, then lift MAX-OT .
    I like that kind of thinking. I believe I will be having some ice cream this evening
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It would be fun bulking with HBk3. I would get pretty fat though. I tried that route before. I was up to 235 then had to get to 185 to be cut.

Unhappy

What I would do to be 185. Anything over 160 seems so far away for me. I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could gain some weight in the form of fat, but I have such a fear of getting a gut. I don't need no 6 pack, but don't want to look like I'm 6 months pregnant either. LOL

Talking

OVERLOAD have a suggestion to your creatine dilemma , you can get natural creatine from red meat and the best comes from wild meat not domesticated animals . try some buffalo or bear or elk.

I do know a place that makes good buffalo burgers. Can't say I have a desire for bear though.

Lilman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

I dont know what Max-ot or GVT is.. All I do is lift heavy & eat big & i've gained about 15 pounds in a year & kept my bf the same.
    So my advice would be Heavy Iron, & Lotsa Protein...
    Lilman
    Find 'em Hot Leave 'em wet

decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can someone please explain what GVT or max ot is or post links to good articles on them? ive heard alot about them here, but you cant search for them since the search engine here needs atleast 4 letters...... yeah ive been working out for a while and have good gains (started at 150 curently 210) and they starting to slow down so im looking for something new to try as well........thanks.

Lilman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a theory on size & mass gains And it's just my opinion ..
    I think that everyone who is a natural bodybuilder at some point is going to reach their genetic potential and without juicing arent going to increase past that point. I think if youve tried everything possable & dont make any gains.. Then you should start working on Quality .... I think my genetic potential is probly gonna be between 225 & 235.. I am around 210 now & my gains are getting slower. But this is just my theory
    Lilman
    Find 'em Hot Leave 'em wet

giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by decypheredbeats
    can someone please explain what GVT or max ot is or post links to good articles on them? ive heard alot about them here, but you cant search for them since the search engine here needs atleast 4 letters...... yeah ive been working out for a while and have good gains (started at 150 curently 210) and they starting to slow down so im looking for something new to try as well........thanks.
    Look at the top of the this forum .. there are 2 sticky's there .. one for GVT and one for MAX-OT .. both of those have alot of information and also contain links which will detail what you need to know

Originally posted by decypheredbeats
    can someone please explain what GVT or max ot is or post links to good articles on them? ive heard alot about them here, but you cant search for them since the search engine here needs atleast 4 letters......
    Save you some time.

Free sign up: http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp

http://www.sover.net/~timw/gvt.htm

Originally posted by Lilman
    I have a theory on size & mass gains And it's just my opinion ..
    I think that everyone who is a natural bodybuilder at some point is going to reach their genetic potential and without juicing arent going to increase past that point.
    That brings me to something I was thinking about last night. Most articles you read tell you how you should be progressing each week in strength, mass, reps done, weight added, etc., but aren't you just going to reach your max at some point as Lilman said. Even the strongest man that can squat 1000lbs say has to reach his limit. So does that mean he hit a plateau or just reached his genetic potential.

The magazines and articles should read more like "you should be progressing every week until you hit your genetic potential." How does one know when it's a plateau, overtraining or just that this is the best you can do?

decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Overload
    That brings me to something I was thinking about last night. Most articles you read tell you how you should be progressing each week in strength, mass, reps done, weight added, etc., but aren't you just going to reach your max at some point as Lilman said. Even the strongest man that can squat 1000lbs say has to reach his limit. So does that mean he hit a plateau or just reached his genetic potential.

The magazines and articles should read more like "you should be progressing every week until you hit your genetic potential." How does one know when it's a plateau, overtraining or just that this is the best you can do?
    but do you really think we have limitations as far as growth? im a person that believes that power comes more from the mind then muscles (considering you have to have a level of control and intensity in your mind to be able to build your power in the first place) so therefore if we limit our minds with boundaries such as plataeus, and genetic potential then we surely cannot get past the point we put a limit on, feel me? for that 1000 lb sqautter, is he really pushing as much as he ever can or will, or has he just set a limit in his mind that he cant possibly push anymore?

BTW good looking on the articles, little did I know my routine is already MAX OT. so to the person who posted Id say go with MAX OT, its worked hellla good for me.....

Talking

my two cents - i think a young man could eat big take good protein and workout his whole life say from 14 years old to 36 years old gain up to 350 pounds natural lifting max-ot style then rip and cut down to 265 then win a lot of contests that year against juice monsters maybe mr.olympia. max-ot is for mass and muscle gvt - volume training is for conditioning and the pump .

Originally posted by hbk3
    max-ot is for mass and muscle gvt - volume training is for conditioning and the pump .
    That's how I feel about it, but some will argue that the reps in max-ot are too low to build mass (too close to powerlifting reps). I don't agree.

My strength on max-ot has increased the most and quickest over mass, but I also know the mass in slow in coming due to my diet. So I can't blame max-ot. It's doing its part by allowing me to progress every week.

Originally posted by Overload
    That's how I feel about it, but some will argue that the reps in max-ot are too low to build mass (too close to powerlifting reps). I don't agree.

As far as reps and mass are concerned I think you will gain more mass quicker with the higher reps. That would only be if you gained enough over your original strength from lifting. That is why the Max-OT and GVT are so good to cycle. Build the strength and some mass with Max. When the strength gains stop then pump out the volume with your new strength and grow even faster. Then when the volume gets to be too much you go back to your strength reps once again.

Cool

anytime you want to get measurements on your arms or legs pump,pump,pump. but all you are doing is swelling the already built muscle more . sometimes i will lift heavy then at the end pump out some fast reps and sets to swell the muscle bellies . but the pump is temporary but dense hard muscle comes from heavy lifting. i seen a guy visiting my gym one time he admitted he took roids he never once lifted heavy and he was ripped and vascular . but me being natural there is no way i could build mass from a pump i would swell then go flat 1 hour later.