S7N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I missing something...

Hey Guys,

Firstly let me thanks all the people that have taken the time to answer my previous posts, It really does help.

So some of you may already know that I am 33 days in to keto, and though I think I have a clear understanding of what I should be doing I often find myself questioning myself and what I am doing!

To give you a better idea I thought I would give you as much information as I can regarding my diet, progress and thoughts and hopefully you can help steer me back on track.

When I started I was 204.8 lbs | around 20% Body Fat. | 30 years old | Training 3-4 Days a weeks

Off the top of my head think I worked out that my maintenance was 2,620 calories/day so with my deficit it have done it at Your 2,041 calories/ day.

Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,041 calories/day
    Carbs / Day 51 g
    Fat / Day 136 g
    Protein / Day 153 g

Now with the carbs I must be honest and say I do not normally go over 10 - 15 g not counting veggies... Veggies eaten are normally 100g of broccoli, with a knob of butter and salt.

As I train in the morning (8am) I normally fast through the night until post work out.

a typical day looks like this:

Post Workout
    Usn Pure Protein Igf-1 - Protein Shake 2 Scopes, 2 scopes 203 2 3 40

203 2 3 40

Meal 2
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 2 large 185 1 14 13
    Waitrose - Smoked Gammon Steak (British), 100 g (raw) 235 0 18 18
    Waitrose - Asparagus Tips, 100 g 25 2 1 3

445 3 33 34

Meal 3
    Waitrose - Aberdeen Angus Quarterpounder Beef Burger, 1 burger 235 2 17 18
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large 92 0 7 6
    Generic - Cheddar Grated Cheese - 25g, 25 g 120 0 9 7
    Sainsbury's - Bacon Loin Danish Lean Steaks Unsmoked, 0.5 Steak 70 1 2 14

517 3 35 45

Dinner
    Generic - Ribeye Steak 113 g, 113 g 220 0 9 34
    Sainsbury's Basics - Corned Beef, 1 slice 114 0 7 13
    Tesco - German Peppered Salami, 1 Slice 35 0 3 2
    Lurpack - Lighter Spreadable Butter, 10 g 54 0 6 0

423 0 25 49

Totals 1,588 8 96 168
    Your Daily Goal 2,041 51 136 153
    Remaining 453 43 40 -15
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Regularly I eat a lot under my daily goal, always leaving the fat to low!

Initially I really started to see difference leaving my unwanted beer belly a lot smaller, problem is now I have noticed the mirror loss has slowed down. (meaning in the mirror i am seeing less results)
    As a rule I wanted to use the mirror and not the scales as I know in early stages its better.

I have weighed myself today and I am now bang on 200lbs, so I have lost weight.

Also on my carb day I have not been eating clean carbs, I have had some pancakes, pizza and some chips, not all at once ofc but could this be what has helped slow progress.

If I have made mistakes please point them out, I am not going to break the diet as I am enjoying it and as I suffer from ulcerated colitis and have found that the keto really helps, Just wanted to get it right.

Thanks for reading
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/7SIN

GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That 4lbs youve lost seems to be only water weight, bare in mind you could of added some mass which is why...... if it was me id drop the calories a bit more see how it goes, and if u need to get more fat, use olive oil.

Originally Posted by GainGoal View Post
    That 4lbs youve lost seems to be only water weight, bare in mind you could of added some mass which is why...... if it was me id drop the calories a bit more see how it goes, and if u need to get more fat, use olive oil.
    Other than the above would you say I am doing everything correct, with the need to eat cleaner on the carb up day?

Pending Reconditioning toast.tm's Avatar
    toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use http://www.fitday.com/ its a bit of a ball ache but you get used to it. Hit around 1800 cals as it looks like 1500 ish is too few for you (too much of a deficit can be a bad thing). Lower carbs as you are around the same body fat as I sit at and probably a bit carb sensitive like me. You left out what carbs you eat other than the veg you dont count.... I dont eat any carbs that are not veg on keto apart from the odd g or 2 in the other stuff. When you carb up get your fat as low as you can...Are you drinking alcohol or your 'carb up'? If so DONT This is another pitfall I fell into in the begining.

Other than that you are probably doing well and, if you carb up on the weekend, you are probably carrying around 7-8 lbs of water that you wont have on you by Friday.

I will send you £5 via paypal if you stick to what I have said and weigh in at more than 200lbs pre workout but post **** on Friday!

toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just noticed your link at the bottom of your post.... same thing as fit day and you have it set to 1800... freaky!

I can't see where your carbs are coming from but lower them a bit and get your fat higher. Did you do a 2 week very low carb induction phase?

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    You certainly shop at a lot of different supermarkets!
    Food looks fine but, uh, lighter butter? Ditch that and get the real thing. I recommend Yeo Valley which is from grassfed cows. Waitrose and Sainsbury's both stock it (I could only find unsalted in Waitrose though).

If you've had ulcerative colitis then I wouldn't eat crap for your carb-up, especially wheat-based foods since gluten attacks the intestinal lining. Stick with potato, sweet potato or rice. Have a little dark chocolate (Green & Black's or better quality - not Bourneville!) if you like and are craving something sweet. Don't use your carb-up as an excuse to binge. That's about it.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

Originally Posted by BalhamBeast View Post
    Food looks fine but, uh, lighter butter? Ditch that and get the real thing. I recommend Yeo Valley which is from grassfed cows. Waitrose and Sainsbury's both stock it (I could only find unsalted in Waitrose though).

If you've had ulcerative colitis then I wouldn't eat crap for your carb-up, especially wheat-based foods since gluten attacks the intestinal lining. Stick with potato, sweet potato or rice. Have a little dark chocolate (Green & Black's or better quality - not Bourneville!) if you like and are craving something sweet. Don't use your carb-up as an excuse to binge. That's about it.
    Yep and I also saw skimmed milk... use cream! Skimmed - light etc does not go well with Keto.

Originally Posted by toast.tm View Post
    Just noticed your link at the bottom of your post.... same thing as fit day and you have it set to 1800... freaky!

I can't see where your carbs are coming from but lower them a bit and get your fat higher. Did you do a 2 week very low carb induction phase?
    lol that is a little freaky as I changed that today, it was 2041. yeah I waited 2 weeks until first carb up.
    Fats I felt needed to get higher

Originally Posted by BalhamBeast View Post

Yeah I do try different foods... lol
    I mainly use the lurpac but will ditch it for the better stuff you have recommended.

I had Chips on both of my carb ups on the evening of friday and payed the price for it saturday... I thought it was a one off but the same thing repeated this weekend.

As I said I have been using the carb up day and half as an excuse to eat poor food... alcohol 2 weeks ago but nothing last week. Tbh im not that interested in it at the mo which is a big thing for me.