Thread: Knee Support

abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee Support

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a good knee support option for both my weight lifting workouts and my cardio sessions. It is more of a preventive measure than anything but I am not sure where to start. There are a variety of braces and wraps. Does anyone have a personal recommendation for knee support while working out?

Thanks in advance!
    Can't stop... Won't stop...

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by abrownBB View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a good knee support option for both my weight lifting workouts and my cardio sessions. It is more of a preventive measure than anything but I am not sure where to start. There are a variety of braces and wraps. Does anyone have a personal recommendation for knee support while working out?

Thanks in advance!
    Do you have some medical issue that requires external support for your knees?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porphyry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm with Ironwill. This is a weird question. Do you have or have you had knee problems? Or do you just like how it looks on pro-athletes?

This kind of sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wear Rehband knee sleeves when my squats get above ~80%. I feel more confident with the added compression.

abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abrownBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Do you have some medical issue that requires external support for your knees?
    I notice that after I finish my leg workouts that my knees are sore - a different kind of sore than any other body part. I was thinking of leg supports in terms of preventative maintenance.

Originally Posted by HowardCSCS View Post
    I wear Rehband knee sleeves when my squats get above ~80%. I feel more confident with the added compression.
    Thanks for the recommendation!

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I notice that after I finish my leg workouts that my knees are sore - a different kind of sore than any other body part. I was thinking of leg supports in terms of preventative maintenance.
    Try using a foam roller on your quads after your workout. Trigger points in the quads can refer pain to the knees. Use of a foam roller may help to break up those trigger points and prevent that from happening.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
    I use a compression knee wrap. Its nothing special. It is a closed loop design, meaning that it doesn't velcro or have any clasps. It is elastic and I just pull it up over my knee and is stays in place. I have some minor arthritis in my joints and it is particularly noticeable on the one knee and the wrap helps a lot. But I dont wear it when at the gym because I only need it on runs longer than 8 miles or so. I wouldn't wear it if I didn't have the pain... so if you don't have pain then you don't need it.

I also use compression wraps that look like knee high leg stockings on both of my legs. ha. Those seriously help my calves when I go on longer runs. But that is for different issue than my knees. I've lately been wearing them when doing dead lifts to keep my shins from getting scabbed from the bar knurl.

The strange thing is that neither dead lifts or squats cause me any knee pain. Only when running long distances. I think the knee pain I experience is because of the repeated knee movement from running, but a few sets of squats and deadlifts do not hurt.

*fyi, if you are experiencing knee pain when doing squats or deadlift, try pointing your feet outward just a little more. If I keep my feet pointed straight ahead while squating my knees don't like it... I'm a little bull-legged and I need my toes pointed slightly outward to get a deep smooth squatting motion without hurting my knees.
    Last edited by ygohome; 02-07-2013 at 09:29 AM.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say just go to your local sporting good store and buy a cheap compression knee sleeves. See if they help if not then you might want to go for a better brand like Rehband.

I have the shockdoctor level 1 knee sleeve.
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=182&pid=5930
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE