Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help, Please.

1mitchnathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help, Please.

I don't even believe in luck, but I could use some. I'm 17, and have read that I need an olmypic set, power rack, and a solid bench. I hit 2/3. I got the bench and the olympic set. Call me an idiot if you must, but I got the Ivanko 300lb olympic weight set for $1100. I know, I could've done with something less, but I really wanted something that lasts for ever, the bumper plates are too damn nice for me to let go, it came with a shiny chrome bar, and my mom paid for most of it as a christmas gift. I also purchased the starting strength book, and a pair of ivanko 2.5kg compression collars for 90$. Again, I would like collars that last a lifetime so I purchased these. When I bought these things, I thought, "oh ****, I need to save and make some money for a bench and power rack." So, I snagged a body solid "heavy duty flat bench" for only 110$ compared to its retail price.

I know I could've gone to the gym, but I already cleared my garage for a power rack and working out at home works best for me since I can watch over my baby cousin. I would LOVE to get started with lifting, but I need a rack? Problem is, I used up most of my budget on the bench and the weight set, more so the latter, and I only have 200$ left? I should've invested in a power rack first but I, being a fool, did not realize that they run for 300$ plus. I'm trying to look for a deal on craigslist, but even then it would take me a while to come up with money (no more landscaping job due to rainy season, already sold my gaming systems, any money I get pretty much goes to my dog's vet bills, I decided not to spend money on prom or grad nite, and I walk to school to save money for gas- you get the idea). Anyway could I use Christian Fitness Factory squat stands and use cement blocks as weights to keep em' down, even though the overall consensus here is that they aren't useful?

It just feels like a waste sitting around and not lifting. I should of planned ahead, but the position i'm in will take me several months to get a power rack. I could go to the gym, but I only have to time go three days a week, but two of the days are consecutive so I couldn't run a decent program. I'll try to return the Ivanko bar, but last time my mom said the money's already been spent and that I'm so fickle since I been nagging for her to buy the Ivanko set for a while now. I messed up big time, I guess I can serve as an example for people to think ahead.

I did a quick search in my area, and someone is selling " Christain Fitness Factory heavy duty squat stands" for only 120$. Their retail price on The CFF site is 200$ plus 100$ shipping, and it's not too light compared to other cheap squat racks, weighing in at 112 pounds. It's listed capacity for the j hooks is 1000lbs, I doubt that, but if I ever squatt 600+, i'll sell this for around 200$ and I'll get a rack by then? If I stack some cement blocks at the bottom, am I good to go? I'll purchase this as soon as I'm given the green light.

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    see if you can talk them down to 80$. should be fine. i couldn't really understand from your post - do you have ivanko bumper plates? if so....you can learn to dump the bar in a failed squat, like the olympic lifters. bench is the only issue. you just have to be careful to bench weight you can handle, wouldn't max out on your own, stay in the 3-5 range. also, you can get some saw horses from home depot which would help in case of a failed rep. good luck. also picture of the ivanko set.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yikes! You got a set of Ivznko bumpers? Geez, when I was your age, I was working on a set of cement-filled weights from a garage sale for ten bucks and a Marcy monster bench when I couldn't get to the gym. You, OP, are a very fortunate young man.

You could buy some sawhorses from a hardwares store, or you could build sawhorses from a kit from the hardware store, to serve as safeties until you can get a power rack. One will pop up just in time, as you save enough money to budget for it.

You really are serious -- you actually bought the book.

Congratulations. You're off to a great start.

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the hanging thing. Seems perfect budget wise and safety wise..

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DF4500 Pro Power Rack by Deltech Fitness (Blemished)

ebay. com/itm/DF4500-Pro-Power-Rack-by-Deltech-Fitness-Blemished-/350687023375?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a693 510f

295 new deltech rack holds 750 pounds. shipped to you for $315. about the cheapest rack that will get the job done. Ask a friend/mom to lend you 115 bucks and go to town. Will hold you for several years.

Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    see if you can talk them down to 80$. should be fine. i couldn't really understand from your post - do you have ivanko bumper plates? if so....you can learn to dump the bar in a failed squat, like the olympic lifters. bench is the only issue. you just have to be careful to bench weight you can handle, wouldn't max out on your own, stay in the 3-5 range. also, you can get some saw horses from home depot which would help in case of a failed rep. good luck. also picture of the ivanko set.
    Yeah Squat, Clean, and Dead seem good for bumper plates, but a bench press and press are my main concerns. I just figured I should really get a power rack or some kind of rack since it's close to having a spotter. The saw horses are definately what I've been considering.

You want to view my ivanko set? I'm in desperate for money so I charge haha.

No seriously, PM me for payment options if you really are down.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank your mother often for the wonderful presents. Take very good care of them. Thank her some more. Use them a lot.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What Ivanko 300lb set with a bar were you able to get for $1100? Where did you gt it from?

and as JB suggested.. PICS!
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 1mitchnathan View Post

No seriously, WAT?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It just feels like a waste sitting around and not lifting. I should of planned ahead, but the position i'm in will take me several months to get a power rack. I could go to the gym, but I only have to time go three days a week, but two of the days are consecutive so I couldn't run a decent program. I'll try to return the Ivanko bar, but last time my mom said the money's already been spent and that I'm so fickle since I been nagging for her to buy the Ivanko set for a while now. I messed up big time, I guess I can serve as an example for people to think ahead.
    Be patient and look for a rack on craigslist. In the interim, there are a lot of good exercises that you can do with the equipment you have. You can get a lot of bang for the buck out of deadlifts, clean-and-presses, and bent-over rows. If you do these movements regularly, you'll be better off when you finally do get a rack than if you continue to let it sit around.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)

Hmmmmm....
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the hanging thing. Seems perfect budget wise and safety wise..
    The hanging thing? Oh you mean your hanging thing! Why on Earth would anyone mention that? We're not your shills.

Young man, you are lucky that this is the Workout Equipment Section. If it were pretty much any other section, you'd be red. And well once you go red, your threads pretty much go unread.

Oh and don't waste your money on those stands. Not very safe, see video below, even with bumper plates unless you know how to properly dump the weights. Plus if your plan relies heavily on your selling them later for $200, what happens if you can't?

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah Squat, Clean, and Dead seem good for bumper plates, but a bench press and press are my main concerns. I just figured I should really get a power rack or some kind of rack since it's close to having a spotter. The saw horses are definately what I've been considering.

Having trouble deciding whether to laugh or neg.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can do floor press for now. You can actually get a bunch of 3-5" thick boards, lie down on one and put the others under the plates. They need to be same thickness as the one under you. That will give you bench press range of motion on the floor, with almost as much safety as a power rack. You can still land the bar on your face.

For squats you can use squat stands and learn to dump like oly and crossfit lifters.

And that's it. Luckily with bumpers you can live without a power rack. Yes it's a bit more dangerous but a lot of people take those chances.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    But I have to say, 300 lb of Ivanko bumpers with a chrome bar for $1100? WTF do you find that? Used?
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)

I like your entrepeneurial spirit! keep it up and you'll have your power rack in no time.

Are you sure your plates are bumpers plates and not rubber encased metal plates? Cheapest bumper set on the Ivanko site is in the 1600 range.

The pic for the ivanko set was a joke? I'm not sure why I'd get negged? If you want to see the pics then I charge money, because I'm desperate to buy a power rack? Didn't mean to disrespect anyone if I did. Sorry.

And what's the commotion about the weight set? My mom paid it for 1100$ (I did say she paid for MOST of it), but I should have specified that I paid the rest. It was off the site, $1745 retail off the site. I'm sorry if I confused anyone, I typed it up in the morning.

Anyway, I'm returning it. My mom said that she's disappointed in me if I do, but I get to keep all the money. So once I get the $1745, I can buy a bar, rack, and some weights. I already have brands and sites in mind because of the helpful stickies. I might also return my bench and get a better one that goes inclide-decline-flat as opposed to only flat. The money left over can go to my dog's chemo bills.

For those who are opposed, wouldn't I be better off spending about 1000$ and keeping nearly 800$? The set is nice, but I still feel unsafe lifting in my garage without a strong power rack.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The set is nice, but I still feel unsafe lifting in my garage without a strong power rack.
    The rack keeps you safe for squats and bench press and for perhaps a few other movements too. There are many lifts you can do safely without a rack. Yes, you should get a rack, but there's absolutely no reason to not do the lifts that you can do without a rack.

That said, if you can return the expensive equipment you got without taking too much of hit, it seems reasonable to get some good, but less expensive stuff. If there are going to be restocking fees and fees associated with shipping the stuff back, perhaps it is better to keep it and buy a power rack when you have the necessary funds.

Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    The hanging thing? Oh you mean your hanging thing! Why on Earth would anyone mention that? We're not your shills.

Young man, you are lucky that this is the Workout Equipment Section. If it were pretty much any other section, you'd be red. And well once you go red, your threads pretty much go unread.

Oh and don't waste your money on those stands. Not very safe, see video below, even with bumper plates unless you know how to properly dump the weights. Plus if your plan relies heavily on your selling them later for $200, what happens if you can't?

That is pretty scary. I need a power rack and I am willing to return my Ivanko set so that doesn't, hopefully, happen to me.

But quick question. His main problem is that he couldn't get them to the stands. But I want to know how safe are the safety bars and the j hook once you try to put them back? Are they any good or no? I might get a sumo rack and am wondering if I'll suffer the same consequences.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That is pretty scary. I need a power rack and I am willing to return my Ivanko set so that doesn't, hopefully, happen to me.

But quick question. His main problem is that he couldn't get them to the stands. But I want to know how safe are the safety bars and the j hook once you try to put them back? Are they any good or no? I might get a sumo rack and am wondering if I'll suffer the same consequences.
    I'll answer your question for $50.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    The rack keeps you safe for squats and bench press and for perhaps a few other movements too. There are many lifts you can do safely without a rack. Yes, you should get a rack, but there's absolutely no reason to not do the lifts that you can do without a rack.

That said, if you can return the expensive equipment you got without taking too much of hit, it seems reasonable to get some good, but less expensive stuff. If there are going to be restocking fees and fees associated with shipping the stuff back, perhaps it is better to keep it and buy a power rack when you have the necessary funds.
    I'm fine with the cost of shipping stuff back, I have 200$ just in case. But then again, you do have a point, that 200$ could just be saved to purchase some other type of power rack, I just hope that it's decent and lasts a long time. I just don't like waiting for two or three months staring at the Ivanko set as opposed to returning it now, purchasing stuff, and getting started on starting strength in a month, or a month and a half at most.

What other lifts are you talking about? Could I do the power clean, press, bench press, sqaut, and deadlift all without a rack? What about the vid posted about the guy who failed? It seems that I'm depending all my safety on the bumper plates. Don't know if I could trust myself with that.

Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    I'll answer your question for $50.
    Looks like I'm the fool then. But I'd rather play it safe and just get a power rack then.

What other lifts are you talking about? Could I do the power clean, press, bench press, sqaut, and deadlift all without a rack? What about the vid posted about the guy who failed? It seems that I'm depending all my safety on the bumper plates. Don't know if I could trust myself with that.
    You can do the power clean, press, and deadlift without a rack. As Detrus mentioned, you can do a floor press instead of a bench press. (Read his post for more insight.) You should wait on the squat until you have a power rack.

The deadlift is an awesome exercise. I suggest that you spend your time focusing on this one lift. Once you have it nailed, start working on the power clean. And then the press. By then, you might have a rack at which time you can start on bench press and squats. The press will help with your bench press. Deadlifts will help with the squat. The time you spend in advance doing these other lifts will not be wasted.

My personal opinion is that you should keep the stuff you have and save a bit more (or wait a while longer) for a power rack. You might find a good deal on craigslist. If not, you'll have saved money to buy one new.

I'm returning it. My mom said that she's disappointed in me if I do, ...
    Has you mom explained why she'll be disappointed if you return it?

(I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I'd like to hear your mom's reasons - or your understanding of her reasons.)

You can do the power clean, press, and deadlift without a rack. As Detrus mentioned, you can do a floor press instead of a bench press. (Read his post for more insight.) You should wait on the squat until you have a power rack.

The deadlift is an awesome exercise. I suggest that you spend your time focusing on this one lift. Once you have it nailed, start working on the power clean. And then the press. By then, you might have a rack at which time you can start on bench press and squats. The press will help with your bench press. Deadlifts will help with the squat. The time you spend in advance doing these other lifts will not be wasted.

My personal opinion is that you should keep the stuff you have and save a bit more (or wait a while longer) for a power rack. You might find a good deal on craigslist. If not, you'll have saved money to buy one new.

I agree with KBKB. I wouldn't return the Ivankos. Now that you've got them, keep them. I've seen power racks on craigslist for 150$. The only reason you need the rack, imo, is for the bench press. Learn to dump the squat. If you do floor press instead, then you'll be fine. No reason to let the weights sit there. Use them and be patient....and let the dog die (sorry).

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with KBKB. I wouldn't return the Ivankos. Now that you've got them, keep them. I've seen power racks on craigslist for 150$. The only reason you need the rack, imo, is for the bench press. Learn to dump the squat. If you do floor press instead, then you'll be fine. No reason to let the weights sit there. Use them and be patient....and let the dog die (sorry).

NYBB has a short open top rack in their clearance section for $199 that would be sufficient for benching safely.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8010pr.html
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Has you mom explained why she'll be disappointed if you return it?

(I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I'd like to hear your mom's reasons - or your understanding of her reasons.)
    She has explained it, she said that she wants me to make better decisions next and make up my mind because there will be times in life where I can't take things back. She gotta point. But the bumper plates are not necessary no matter what if I return the $1745 and buy a power rack, bar, and 300 pound normal weight set for only $800-1000. And as I said before, the remaining $800-1000 could go to my dog's bills so she doesn't have to pay for them. She said I don't have to use the money to help her since it was my christmas gift, but I'd be ignorant if I don't realize that vets burn through wallets for dog chemo.

That dog's is less than five years old with Lymphoma. He'll live but I don't know when he'll pass. If I knew that the dog would be diagnosed in January I woulda told my mom to **** everything else and my christmas gift would be for the dog. If that dog weren't in remission, I would return everything and put all the money for him. I'm 17. And early start is great for lifting but I would start at 40 if I could bring my dog to 15 years. So, no don't apologize, cause I won't let this dog die.

well, at least lymphoma is usually readily treatable. good luck.