Registered User sanchezalonso93's Avatar
    sanchezalonso93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile When should I take BCAA's and Glutamine help please!

Hey guys, I'm a Brazilian jiu jitsu athlete and a full time college student. Recently with the intense workouts at the gym and BJJ academy, not to mention with all the studying I do. I've been feeling sore and tired etc. so to help with my recovery I purchased some Optimum Nutrition BCAA's and Glutamine both in capsul form. I have read the label says to take 2 servings of BCAA per day so total of 4 pills either between meals, or pre/post workout, and same goes for the glutamine. So I wanted to ask you guys for some advice, when do you think is the best time to take these supplements??? And should I take more than 2 servings per day??? Please and thank you!

RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You shouldn't.

joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joregorn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RedSoxBrah View Post
    You shouldn't.
    I lold sleep is your best bet
    No one cared who I was before I put on the calves.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself...
    Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I try to get in about 6-8g of BCAA per day especially on my more intense days of lifting. Unfortunately if you have the pills it takes much more pills to reach a desired amount than it would of a powdered product. I would take your BCAA's pre and post workout though. Hope this helps.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bcaa pre/intra workout..glutamine never
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Exercising individuals should be gathering sufficient BCAAs and glutamine through diet by meeting their daily protein requirements. Adding a few capsules of specific amino acids on top of a high-protein diet is not going to do anything beyond stimulating your inner bro.

Registered User sanchezalonso93's Avatar
    sanchezalonso93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    I try to get in about 6-8g of BCAA per day especially on my more intense days of lifting. Unfortunately if you have the pills it takes much more pills to reach a desired amount than it would of a powdered product. I would take your BCAA's pre and post workout though. Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like you are burning through too many calories and not eating enough (and or not sleeping enough).
    Glutamine/bcaas wont help... proper diet and rest will.