Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nebraskaheat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Working in prisons for as long as I did kind of probably skewed my perception of just how important nutrition is..

I can't tell you how many yoked up beasts sporting bodies 90% of posters here would be jealous of were in there..

And they ate nothing but "mystery meat" dinners and ramen noodles..... But they lifted just about every single day.. So yes, I think you cn out train your diet to a certain extent..
    The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
    -Nietzsche

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.
    -Yogi Berra

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To a certain point yes. How proper nutrition can help you is by enabling you to supply your body with the nutrients it needs to allow muscle growth to occur at the fastest rate possible without storing excessive amounts of bodyfat. You will not fall over and die if you ignore proper nutrition once in a while.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Guinea-pig View Post
    To a certain point yes. How proper nutrition can help you is by enabling you to supply your body with the nutrients it needs to allow muscle growth to occur at the fastest rate possible without storing excessive amounts of bodyfat. You will not fall over and die if you ignore proper nutrition once in a while.
    This!!!!
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    So here's my typical daily diet.

Post workout 2 scoops whey in water.

Mid-morning 5-6 hardboiled eggs with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (no pic necessary)

Typical Lunch:

A container (1.5 cups or so) of this:

Started as 6 lbs extra lean ground beef, browned then strained, a couple cans of beans and a few cans of crushed/diced tomatoes and maybe some sautéed onions and/or mushrooms (we never make it exactly the same every time).

Typical Dinner:

A plate load of this:

3lbs sirloin roast on a bed of onions, carrots, potatoes.

And yeah I crack a beer as soon as I get home from work and have as many as I want.

OMG, you sure know how to eat, man !

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SRS thread is SRS

Just saw someone post in another thread that "nutrition is 90%" and I had to speak up.
    well, it is true, nutrition is far more important than training if both done at 100% effort. Plus MOST people talk out of their asses when it comes to training and nutrition, I don't doubt whoever said what you read in another thread doesn't even follow on whatever he/she is preaching.....AND this is the internet.
    300 Forever

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think some of the people in this thread jack off in front of a mirror.

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flex, your diet looks great, actually. Aside from the beer it's pretty much Paleo. Lots of protein and good fats.
    The kind of diet you can't out train contains a lot of carbs, particularly wheats and sugars, processed vegetable oils and other junk.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

anonymous
    trying to out train a bad diet left me with tendinosis in both shoulders and knees and torn muscles... to go with 15lbs fat gain.

everyones got different aims, at this stage in life mine are to be as lean as possible while maintaining size. I cringe at the pictures of me as a 260lb bloatpig and dont want to go there again.. and the only way I can do that is by consistantly eating clean. HIIT overtrains me and eats my legs if I do it enough to be effective, LISS is boring and undoable, increased weights volume is very dangerous - so that leaves calorie reduction and macro manipulation

w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    Flex from diet you listed you focus on high protein from quality sources. You are doing this for a reason I am guessing to build muscle. Seems like you are making sure you balance life. Lift for strength and size. Eat to support goal. Drink so you can enjoy your life.

If you wanted a better build you could cut the beer and I am sure it would help. But at what price?

For me I think they are equally important. Why have different training methods if it makes no difference.

Anyway IMO: 80% genetic, 10% training program (including rest), 10% diet.

I know people that eat like crap, train like crap and would put most people here to shame.

^^ Very much yes ^^

I've seen this over the years and it just makes the most sense.

Very FEW people can look like a greek god. But we can sure as hell try our HARDEST to get there.

I think alot of people that complain about not getting what they want while lifting either:

A: Don't give enough time to see things out. (Consistency + Progression)

B: Give enough time but don't have the genetics.

C: Just not getting the whole picture.

D: All of the above.
    - Don't get caught up in all the hype. Just lift, eat and rest! -

* Mad Hatter Crew

Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Bad nutrition/hard work in the gym = Good build
    Good nutrition/easy work in the gym = Bad build
    Good nutrition/Hard work in the gym = Excellent build

Pretty simple stuff.
    Gonna have to say I agree with this.

Also, -=FLEX=- that bean/beef/tomato/onion stuff looks worthy...gonna pick up the stuff to make from Costco tonite.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Kingthumper
    http://www.alanaragon.com
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com
    http://www.biolayne.com

Lordantril has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it all depends on your goals. If you are looking to get ripped or compete then, yes, diet is 80% of the equation. If you are looking to move heavy poundages, then insuring you consume enough calories, protein, carbs, etc is most important. I believe you can drink beer every night and still be strong as an ox if everything else is right. However, 99% of people could never get ripped if they drank beer twice a week let alone every night.

w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lordantril View Post
    I think it all depends on your goals. If you are looking to get ripped or compete then, yes, diet is 80% of the equation. If you are looking to move heavy poundages, then insuring you consume enough calories, protein, carbs, etc is most important. I believe you can drink beer every night and still be strong as an ox if everything else is right. However, 99% of people could never get ripped if they drank beer twice a week let alone every night.
    That really depends on that person's particular diet.

* Mad Hatter Crew

Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shawnfuzi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't have one without the other. They say things like nutrition is te biggest part because so many people neglect it. Double edged sword, use it wisely and you may see the results you desire.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by w8killer View Post
    That really depends on that person's particular diet.

Not necessarily. If you are consuming alcohol every night in the quantity of more then 1 beer....but going to 5-8 range, it will have a substantial impact on your overall physique....(regardless of calories and thermodynamics)

At those levels, alcohol totally changes the hormonal environment of the body. Test is decreased, estrogen goes up. These effects can last longer then the buzz....so daily consumption will keep your body in this hormonal state.

Cant remember the exact route, but alcohol completely stops the mobilization of fat for energy.

So if you were not born at 5%bf....you sure are not going to hit it consuming multiple alcoholic beverages daily. In this case IIFYM does NOT apply. (although in general terms I am a IIFYM guy ...this is an extreme case where it would not apply.)
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nebraskaheat View Post
    Working in prisons for as long as I did kind of probably skewed my perception of just how important nutrition is..

I can't tell you how many yoked up beasts sporting bodies 90% of posters here would be jealous of were in there..

And they ate nothing but "mystery meat" dinners and ramen noodles..... But they lifted just about every single day.. So yes, I think you cn out train your diet to a certain extent..
    Great post, forgot about this outlier.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Great post, forgot about this outlier.
    Not necessarily.... Just because the food may not look appetizing....does not mean the macros or overall quantity is not there to grow. Not everyone in prison is skinny either, so they must be getting sufficient calories. And do not forget that drugs are smuggled into prisons all the time....even ones to build muscles.

But yes....in a prison yard, just as in the school yard during 'shirts and skins' the ones with the genes most conducive to muscularity are easy to spot.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Not necessarily. If you are consuming alcohol every night in the quantity of more then 1 beer....but going to 5-8 range, it will have a substantial impact on your overall physique....(regardless of calories and thermodynamics)

At those levels, alcohol totally changes the hormonal environment of the body. Test is decreased, estrogen goes up. These effects can last longer then the buzz....so daily consumption will keep your body in this hormonal state.

Cant remember the exact route, but alcohol completely stops the mobilization of fat for energy.

So if you were not born at 5%bf....you sure are not going to hit it consuming multiple alcoholic beverages daily. In this case IIFYM does NOT apply. (although in general terms I am a IIFYM guy ...this is an extreme case where it would not apply.)
    No prob, I should've specified a bit further. If it was only 1-2 beers a day, then most likely you MAY (depends on body type, metabolism, etc) be able to get away with it. That also depends on what you can get away with, of course.

Here is a study on people that consume in moderation.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...24.81/abstract

Now if we are talking alcoholics that already have a lowered test level from of course, drinking like they do, then yes, consuming more isn't better.

* Mad Hatter Crew

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your goal isn't to get contest shredded you can get pretty far despite not eating great. I've seen middleweight olympic
    Lifters walk around at 8% year round despite eat whatever they wanted

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ITT.. OP argues against nutrition, while having good nutrition, aside from a couple of beers.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    ITT.. OP argues against nutrition, while having good nutrition, aside from a couple of beers.
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on this forum told me my diet was ****.

Also, I wasn't arguing against it per se; I just don't think it's 80 or 90 % like most people like to say on this forum.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This comes down to the details of the phrase. "You can't out-train bad nutrition". If we're just talking about staying fit on a less than optimal diet then sure, you can out-train bad nutrition. However if we're talking about training with specific goals such as strength or size and your diet flies in the face of that, ie; not enough cals and protein then no, you can't out-train bad nutrition.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO they go hand in hand, You can make differences in your body with diet alone, and you can make differences if you lift hard and eat crap, but to get the most out of it you should pay attention to the way you eat and train hard as well as get enough rest. People who eat candy, cakes, and fast food all of the time usually have the body to show for it. Not saying there aren't exceptions, but for the most part you have to eat somewhat in the right manner to look good. Flex, your diet looks like it would fit right in for me, you could likely eat more of it than I can though and still not be fat.
    FWIW I used to drink close to a 12 pack a day and weighed 135/145 pounds, but I had no muscle mass at all. Once I quit drinking I started to put on weight because I ate constantly since I was so used to having something going in all the time.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why would anyone want to attempt to out train a bad diet, when the results will come (usually) quicker...the better the diet is. I'm probably wrong.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Why would anyone want to attempt to out train a bad diet, when the results will come (usually) quicker...the better the diet is. I'm probably wrong.
    That's the real question. Although for some they work out hard so they can get away with eating bad

Because they can't be bothered with giving too much of a chit.

* Mad Hatter Crew

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Because to most people, results DON'T matter plus it often puts them at odds friends and family who look at and do things like "normal people". Most would rather fit in than rock the boat.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on this forum told me my diet was ****.

Also, I wasn't arguing against it per se; I just don't think it's 80 or 90 % like most people like to say on this forum.
    Meat potatoes eggs and vegtables? What is wrong with it?

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The funny thing is the advertisement banner above this thread says "Nutruition is 80% of fitness success".

soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To me the question is, What would be optimal? Good nutrition + good workout = optimal results. You might do well with just one of the two...but would that yield optimal results?

Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    Meat potatoes eggs and vegtables? What is wrong with it?
    You forgot the beer. Lots of it. Every day.