Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Edward224007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to the forum - wanting to lose some weight!!!

Hello to everyone,

I am a long time lurker but first time poster on this forum!

Firstly some of the pictures of body transformations are truly inspirational and has added to my motivation to lose weight.

I'll start from the beginning.

Around early November I weighed myself at 240lbs and was shocked. I am 5ft5 so you can imagine that bordered on the overweight/obese BMI scale.

So I decided to do something about it, along with some motivation from my friend at work who is also looking to lose weight, so we decided to really step it up, do something about it and try and lose some pounds and kilograms!

So In November I started to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and slowly cut out the crap that I was eating - especially at work - like the chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks. I didn't want to just cut it out like that as I preferred to slowly build that down.

Anyway by mid December I was down to 232lbs from 240lbs. As is the case over Christmas I drank and ate a lot and gained 3lbs so at the end of December I was 235lbs.

As is usually the case in the New Year I did have a resolution and I was really motivated to keep to it. I decided to step up my gym time and I am now going 4-5 times a week. I usually spend around 90mins in the gym.

I am also become more aware of the level of calorie intake. At work I used to eat packaged sandwiches which had over 400 cals plus crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks. So I really am trying to eat more healthier. Every weekend I buy 3 Salad bowls, plus some chicken slices which I eat 3 times a week. The other two times I have soup with ryvita.

I drink water instead of cola and sometimes eat crisp substitute foods like snack-a-jack (google it!). Which has around 90cals per pack.

In terms of what I do at the gym I do Cardio and Weights. I do 40mins of cardio and 50mins of weights although this varies of course. I tend to do 30 mins on a cross country machine and I try and burn 250 cals on that machine alone. I do a couple of miles on the excercise bike too.

I use the weight machines rather than the free weights. I usually do around 40kg on the chest press and shoulder press. I do 75kg on the low row and 50kg on the weight machine where you pull down.

Well I have done that throughout the month of January and I did weigh myself each week and I saw progress. Currently I am 226lbs so I have lose 14lbs from early November which I am very pleased about.

My short term goal is to lose around 1-2lbs per week. Sometimes I hit this sometimes I don't but I find over the course of the month that I met this target.

My medium term target is to be 199lbs. Just for the psychological fact that I am below 200lbs I believe will be a VERY big deal for me seeing as I've never been below 200lbs since reaching that ungodly milestone however many years ago!

My long term target is to weigh somewhere between 80kg - 90kg. I don't have a set time for this but I am hopeful at the end of 2014 I can be that.

I have noticed a few changes to me, which my family and friends have also commented on. My friends have said I've lose some weight on my face and I can see that. I've also noticed my upper body is in better definition and my biceps are also bigger! I've also noticed that the swelling I used to have around my ankles is now practically gone.

Really its the stomach which needs the biggest reduction now though!

This is the first time in my life I have really seriously been motivated to lose weight and I intend to stick with my New Years resolution!!!

Edward

RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Truth: big slab of text, no-one will read. however,

1) calculate TDEE using an online calculator.
    2) -500 from that, and eat that many calories a day. I can not stress how useful using Myfitnesspal is to help record calories, remember to take note of EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth and i mean EVERYTHING. this is the biggest and most important part of losing weight, stay within a calorie deficit.
    3) Lift heavy.
    4) Sleep well.
    5) 1g of protein/lb of lbm.

do all those and you will see results.
    forever cutting.

Current Weight - 224
    Target Weight - 190 lbs
    --------------------
    January 1st - 228
    January 7th - 224
    January 14th -
    January 21st -
    January 28th -

February 4th -
    February 11th -
    February 18th -
    February 25th -

March 3rd -
    March 10th -
    March 17th -
    March 24th -
    March 31st -

I ALWAYS REP BACK!
    ^okay not always so if i forget shoot me a pm.

"words will only get you so far, Actions will show people who you really are"

NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It comes down to that you have to cut and you can do that by checking how many calories you need and eat less then that.
    It's basic math: Calories needed > Calories in.
    A few tips:
    - only drink water and green tea, no soda
    - always eat breakfast
    - try avoiding junkfood as much as possible.

So first thing you have to do is make a good diet for yourself (check Nutrition section)

Good luck mate!
    Ambition is priceless, it's something that's in your vains..

Originally Posted by NaberNuri View Post
    It comes down to that you have to cut and you can do that by checking how many calories you need and eat less then that.
    A few tips:
    - always eat breakfast

So first thing you have to do is make a good diet for yourself (check Nutrition section)

Good luck mate!
    Thanks for the advice!

Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andyr86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A few tips:
    - always eat breakfast

Good luck mate!
    Not the greatest of advice to be honest;
    You can drink whatever you want if it fits your macros. Diet coke and other calorie free drinks contain no nutritional value so CAN be consumed on a cut without using calories up.
    Some people lose weight by eating only 1 huge meal per day and fast for the rest of time. All you have to do is lose weight is keep the calories you're eating less than what you're expending (TDEE, see stickies) and weight will come off. It doesn't matter if these calories are from McDonalds, BK etc or "clean" sources, a calorie is a calorie regardless.

Give this a read and go from there:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741
    Former 300+ lb club member, wearing stretch marks with pride to remind me NEVER to go back

Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well done Edward for trying to turn your life around. Use this thread as a journal on your fat loss journey. Post when you are feeling good and when you are feeling down. There is a big community here to help you on your day.

Lift heavy, eat well, rest and time will take care of the rest.

NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Andyr86 View Post
    Not the greatest of advice to be honest;
    You can drink whatever you want if it fits your macros. Diet coke and other calorie free drinks contain no nutritional value so CAN be consumed on a cut without using calories up.
    Some people lose weight by eating only 1 huge meal per day and fast for the rest of time. All you have to do is lose weight is keep the calories you're eating less than what you're expending (TDEE, see stickies) and weight will come off. It doesn't matter if these calories are from McDonalds, BK etc or "clean" sources, a calorie is a calorie regardless.

Give this a read and go from there:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741
    you'll be wasting precious calories since you won't gain anything positive from them. There is a difference between 250 calories from soda and 250 calories from lets say chicken. In the 250 calories you get from chicken there are proteins etc. Also even if you would not eat anything instead of the soda, it's still better not to drink it because you'll have a deficit of 250 calories more which is a plus in a cut.

Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys are all talking about calories. Whilst this is all important I doubt very much that Edward realises how much he needs to be eating.

He is 5'5" @ 226. At a guess he should be weighing around 150/160 which is a massive 76/66lbs he needs to drop over time.

RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10) RugbyColt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ hence why we told him to work out his TDEE and minus 500 cals... thats what he should be eating. yeah he has a lot to lose, we all started somewhere
    forever cutting.

Current Weight - 224
    Target Weight - 190 lbs
    --------------------
    January 1st - 228
    January 7th - 224
    January 14th -
    January 21st -
    January 28th -

February 4th -
    February 11th -
    February 18th -
    February 25th -

March 3rd -
    March 10th -
    March 17th -
    March 24th -
    March 31st -

I ALWAYS REP BACK!
    ^okay not always so if i forget shoot me a pm.

"words will only get you so far, Actions will show people who you really are"

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated. Special thanks to AWillis.

I'll be hitting the gym this evening. Usually I do Cardio first then some weights, but I then received some advice that doing weights first then finishing with Cardio was the best way to go. So can you tell me which is the best?

Also in terms of reps/sets of lifting weights. I understand that you need to do heavy lifting but in terms of how many reps and sets, what should I do? At the moment I do 3 sets of 10 reps - if I lift to failure then the lower the weights after each rep.

I mean I don't want to kill myself in the gym, so that I am unable to go the next day. I need to get the desired amount so that I have enough left in the tank to go at least 4 times per week.

Thanks
    Ed

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    - always eat breakfast
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew

Spent about 90mins in the gym this evening. Only did weights though.

Managed to do some chest presses (45kg), Shoulder presses (40kg) Low Row (75kg) Lateral pull down (50kg) Leg press (100kg) and used the kettle bowl (16kg) Did 4 or 5 sets for each one. For the first 2 sets I did 10 reps for each one. For the next 2/3 I lowered the weight and the amount of reps down to 6/7.

I will do some cardio tomorrow and some weights, but not as much as tonight. Forearms are killing me right now - biceps not so bad!! Legs feel good!!

For lunch I had some salad and chicken with a bottle of water. For dinner I had pasta, broccoli and some chicken.

I know pasta has a lot of carbs but it was cooked well and I didn't have loads of it - all in moderation.

In regards to the posts above I always eat breakfast. For me it is the most important meal of the day. Not just in terms of losing weight or gaining muscle but it is important for the bodily functions that you don't miss it. As long as you don't need fried foods and stick to porridge and non sugary cereals or toasted wholewheat bread then its good.
    I now drink mostly water, but I mean you need to live a little and vary things otherwise you'll soon get bored. So a diet coke isn't the end of the road.

Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you'll be wasting precious calories since you won't gain anything positive from them. There is a difference between 250 calories from soda and 250 calories from lets say chicken. In the 250 calories you get from chicken there are proteins etc. Also even if you would not eat anything instead of the soda, it's still better not to drink it because you'll have a deficit of 250 calories more which is a plus in a cut.
    From a nutrient standpoint then yes, a can of soda does not have the same nutritional value as a chicken breast...But, to lose weight it is calories in vs calories out and it doesn't matter if he gets those 250 cals from soda or chicken...a calorie is a calorie.
    *IIFYM*

Starting weight 12/1/11 - 240lbs

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Edward224007 View Post
    I'll be hitting the gym this evening. Usually I do Cardio first then some weights, but I then received some advice that doing weights first then finishing with Cardio was the best way to go. So can you tell me which is the best?
    Cardio immediately before lifting can drain your energy, reducing lifting performance. Cardio afterwards can interfere with muscle gains. Do it on rest days or as far away from lifting the day of as you can (run in the morning, lift in the evening).

Also in terms of reps/sets of lifting weights. I understand that you need to do heavy lifting but in terms of how many reps and sets, what should I do? At the moment I do 3 sets of 10 reps - if I lift to failure then the lower the weights after each rep.
    Don't try to assemble your own program, get on a proven structured program, something like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.

Thanks for those links, very interesting information.

I really do not tend to use free weights though, I use the weight machines. Should I use more free weights then rather than the weight machines?

I had porridge for breakfast, salad and chicken (with a brown wholegrain roll on the side) for lunch and I am having chicken, spinach, red kidney beans and rice for dinner. Although added to my lunch I had a plum, a banana and 2 satsumas so I consumed quite a lot of calories today plus today is my off day at the gym.

In the gym last night I mainly did cardio. Spent 30 minutes doing cross country and resistance level 7 and whilst the machine said I burned 260 Cals, who knows for sure. I did some weights too, but not as much as on Monday.

I did weigh myself last night and I was 227 (up from 226.6 the week previous). Albeit the day before I ate quite a lot of carbs and thus carried more water weight.

I'll be going to the gym tomorrow but concentrating on the weights again. But should I do more free weights instead of using the machines?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But should I do more free weights instead of using the machines?
    Ideally, yes. It's not the end of the world if you stick with machines, but free weights are better at training for strength, and safer in some movements (contrary to what you'd think), like the squat. Machines can force you into a range of motion that can cause trouble later.

The effort required to stabilize free weights trains your core in a way that machines don't (as well).

Machines have their place, but it takes a bit of experience to understand what that is. You'll do better with free weights at first.

BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosNhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few tips:
    - always eat breakfast

Good luck mate!
    Always eat breakfast? Wtf is this chit about breakfast? Look into Intermitent fasting Op thank me later.
    Gettin JOOUCYYY!
    Reps for life on sight apeXs

Just came back from the gym. Did about 35mins on the cross country and burned 250cals. I then did weights. I took the advice on here and did some free weights - did some exercises with the kettle bell - however I did use mainly the weight machines. I did 4 sets of 8 reps on Chest, Shoulder and Pectoral presses (50kg) and Low Row (75kg). I used the kettle bell in between using each of those machines.

I used the 16kg Kettle bell.

So went on the scale and I was 226.2 - but that was with shoes and I did drink a bottle of water too - so I must be in the 225lbs range!

I don't believe in fasting to lose weight even if its intermittent as it will cause more damage than good.

Breakfast can make or break a diet, because breakfast helps set the tone for the rest of the day. If you’re one of those people who think skipping breakfast is a good way to lose weight... think again. Here are the top reasons why you should definitely eat breakfast, every day:

1. Break the fast. Ever think of what "breakfast" means? Your body responds to not eating for hours and hours by slowing down it's metabolic rate. By eating breakfast, you wake up your metabolism and get your engine humming, burning those calories you need to burn to lose weight.

2. Eat more, weigh less. Researchers have repeatedly shown that people who eat breakfast have a better chance of losing weight, and keeping it off. When you skip meals, you’re so hungry by lunchtime you'd eat an entire cow! Research carried out at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh has shown that eating breakfast cereal in the morning helps aid weight loss.

3. Breakfast is your chance to eat the foods you may not eat the rest of the day. You can have whole-grain cereal and berries with non-fat milk - here is your fibre, folic acid and calcium in one easy-to-grab bowl. Low-carbers need to go very easy on grains, so opt for the highest-fibre brand you can find. However, why not indulge instead in the typical eggs and lean bacon breakfast most other eating plans frown upon?

4. Breakfast makes your machine run better. Get yourself on a schedule with a healthy breakfast, and you’re ready to take on the world.

5. Don’t eat dessert for breakfast. If you think a cereal bar with 30 grams of sugar is a breakfast item, then think again. Some cereal bars contain nearly as much sugar and fat as a regular chocolate bar.

Whatever your diet you follow... breakfast is one meal you don’t want to miss.

1. Break the fast. Ever think of what "breakfast" means? Your body responds to not eating for hours and hours by slowing down it's metabolic rate. By eating breakfast, you wake up your metabolism and get your engine humming, burning those calories you need to burn to lose weight.

2. Eat more, weigh less. Researchers have repeatedly shown that people who eat breakfast have a better chance of losing weight, and keeping it off. When you skip meals, you’re so hungry by lunchtime you'd eat an entire cow! Research carried out at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh has shown that eating breakfast cereal in the morning helps aid weight loss.

3. Breakfast is your chance to eat the foods you may not eat the rest of the day. You can have whole-grain cereal and berries with non-fat milk - here is your fibre, folic acid and calcium in one easy-to-grab bowl. Low-carbers need to go very easy on grains, so opt for the highest-fibre brand you can find. However, why not indulge instead in the typical eggs and lean bacon breakfast most other eating plans frown upon?

4. Breakfast makes your machine run better. Get yourself on a schedule with a healthy breakfast, and you’re ready to take on the world.

5. Don’t eat dessert for breakfast. If you think a cereal bar with 30 grams of sugar is a breakfast item, then think again. Some cereal bars contain nearly as much sugar and fat as a regular chocolate bar.
    Most of what you're advising there is recycled marketing material from breakfast cereal companies.

1. In fact, short term fasting increases catecholamine production, leading to an increase in RMR. See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6465309 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20339363.

2. Only during the short term adjustment period to fasting. After that, there is no net increase noted in appetite, and a reduced meal frequency is shown to increase satiety. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...20032/abstract

3. Why not eat bacon and eggs, or cereal, midday or at bedtime?

4. Actually, no, for the same reason as #1. I'd suggest that increased auto****y and increased production of norepinephrine due to the fasting increases mental alertness better than a short term insulin response from the breakfast meal, especially at a time when cortisol production is high (the morning). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3389203. Also, there's some great material on fasting and auto****y here: http://www.landesbioscience.com/jour...article/12376/.

5. This is entirely dependent on the individual's ability to metabolize glucose. It's not bad advice for an obese sedentary individual likely to be insulin resistant. It's meaningless for an active individual with average to lower levels of bodyfat. Or, ironically, for someone who has improved insulin sensitivity through fasting and/or resistance training.

You make good points, but I still think a good breakfast is of a more beneficial way of a healthier lifestyle.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You make good points, but I still think a good breakfast is of a more beneficial way of a healthier lifestyle.
    You're wrong.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to follow IF and I can def say this is broscience.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Anyway let's get away from this breakfast debate! I understand all your points that your are making and I welcome the information.

Anyway I went to the gym today with my colleague and just did weights. Did some shoulder, chest, pecs and lateral pull down weights on those machines. Did about 4-5 reps per machine. By the time I finished 90mins had gone!

Felt it afterwards but I also felt very good too. I can see signs of improvement and so can others! Long road ahead though.

Did weights yesterday and I am going to the gym today.

However I am pondering whether to do Cardio or weights today - or a mixture of both.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So what's your diet looking like OP?
    www.grazethesky.com

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    So what's your diet looking like OP?
    Well I have cut down on my calorie intake.

I usually have either toast or porridge for breakfast. At lunch I have salad and come chicken slices. I bought some wraps yesterday and some ham so I will have wraps next week. Each wrap is around 150cals so all together lunch is around 350-400cals per day. I drink water instead of fizzy drinks now.

For dinner I have what I usually have - but its not junk food. Mainly chicken, beef or pork with either rice, potato or a wrap - with more veg.

However I have cut down on the snacks like crisps, chocolate bars, biscuits etc

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you're not counting calories. I see. And you're expecting results by attempting to cut down on snacks.

I think you're a bit confused on how to approach your goals.

Let me know when you get serious.
    www.grazethesky.com

I've already got results I am 225lbs from 235lbs.

So don't tell me I am not serious.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've already got results I am 225lbs from 235lbs.

So don't tell me I am not serious.
    Your results would be far, far better and more sustainable long term if you fixed your diet.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24