TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimC17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

44 year old newbie

I have worked out off and on over the last 25yrs and know I really want to reach the body image that I have always wanted (cut, fit, and bigger muscles). I’ve been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 2.5yrs but I’ve been using the GNC brand whey protein drinks for the last month that I have been working out. The only processed food I eat is the protein shakes and I’m still working on my balance of calories that will sustain my energy and cut my body fat percentage. I’m 6’ and 188lbs and I’ve been eating about 2500-3000 calories on my lifting days and 2500 on cardio days. I don’t get on the scale because I’m not that interested in my weight, I’m more looking for the body image in the mirror.

I do need help and guidance from the experienced bodybuilders on my workout route and what supplements I need (if any).

I get up at 4am and do P90X for my first workout of the day. I like it because I don’t have to think about what to do that early in the morning. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I lift weights after work for about 1hr to 1.5hrs. My wife thinks that I’m over doing it.

Monday – Chest and Back
    Wednesday – Arms and Shoulders
    Fridays – Legs and Abs

Cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

I kind of get OCD when I get focused and I don’t want to over do it and get hurt. I feel really good right now and I want to keep the feeling going. Over the years I have worked through back injuries from work and knee injuries from sports in high school and work. I go to a chiropractic one a month for maintenance now.

Any helpful suggestion would be great.

Thanks,
    Tim C

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by TimC17 View Post
    I have worked out off and on over the last 25yrs and know I really want to reach the body image that I have always wanted (cut, fit, and bigger muscles). I’ve been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 2.5yrs but I’ve been using the GNC brand whey protein drinks for the last month that I have been working out. The only processed food I eat is the protein shakes and I’m still working on my balance of calories that will sustain my energy and cut my body fat percentage. I’m 6’ and 188lbs and I’ve been eating about 2500-3000 calories on my lifting days and 2500 on cardio days. I don’t get on the scale because I’m not that interested in my weight, I’m more looking for the body image in the mirror.

I do need help and guidance from the experienced bodybuilders on my workout route and what supplements I need (if any).

I get up at 4am and do P90X for my first workout of the day. I like it because I don’t have to think about what to do that early in the morning. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I lift weights after work for about 1hr to 1.5hrs. My wife thinks that I’m over doing it.

Monday – Chest and Back
    Wednesday – Arms and Shoulders
    Fridays – Legs and Abs

Cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

I kind of get OCD when I get focused and I don’t want to over do it and get hurt. I feel really good right now and I want to keep the feeling going. Over the years I have worked through back injuries from work and knee injuries from sports in high school and work. I go to a chiropractic one a month for maintenance now.

Any helpful suggestion would be great.

Thanks,
    Tim C
    I used to be a a LOV myself and loved the clarity of mind, but I give it up and joined the Marines. That was sometime ago. Whey powders are very good. There are powders out there that will yield 50gm. of protein in scoop! I ordered 8lb yesterday. You need to up your caloric intake to 3,500 to 4,000calories and consume over 300gm. or more of protein a day. Your workout must be a well structured and thought out plan.
    You should do cardio on the same day. This will allow your body optimum rest the next day. My workouts are 1 hr. with 20 minutes of some cardiovascular exercise of my choice.
    Treadmill is best. 3 sets 10-15reps for the exercises within my workout plan. I see a chiropractic for my messed up back. I am no experienced bodybuilder, but there are some here that will be more helpful than me. Good Luck in your endeavors.