Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kris2pe View Post
    Today I just reached my 2,500 cal right now! What if in the near future this will not be enough?
    Then eat more. As you get bigger and stronger ( from eating the extra calories ) your metabolism will pick up and you will be hungrier which will allow you to eat the extra cals needed

kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kenny85 View Post
    Then eat more. As you get bigger and stronger ( from eating the extra calories ) your metabolism will pick up and you will be hungrier which will allow you to eat the extra cals needed
    What about aging? Doesn't that affect me?

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Aging!?!?! You're 29

Anyway, you need to stop making so many excuses. If you want it bad enough you will do it. You say you don't have time, I don't have time either, but I make time. I work as an RN and do volunteer work, my work days can be 13 hours long, I still make time. I make time to eat, lift and prepare my food. Everyone is busy, we all have reasons that make it difficult for us.

As far as being "skinny" goes, as a woman i have nowhere near the levels of testosterone that you have and I am still able to make significant gains. Why?? Because I work my butt off, eat and I don't make excuses. Oh and at the moment I am eating about 2700 calories a day, so 2000 calories is WAY to little for you.
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lilramm View Post
    Aging!?!?! You're 29

Anyway, you need to stop making so many excuses. If you want it bad enough you will do it. You say you don't have time, I don't have time either, but I make time. I work as an RN and do volunteer work, my work days can be 13 hours long, I still make time. I make time to eat, lift and prepare my food. Everyone is busy, we all have reasons that make it difficult for us.

As far as being "skinny" goes, as a woman i have nowhere near the levels of testosterone that you have and I am still able to make significant gains. Why?? Because I work my butt off, eat and I don't make excuses. Oh and at the moment I am eating about 2700 calories a day, so 2000 calories is WAY to little for you.
    ^^this. It's called determination

tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat 300-500 kcal over maintenance, make sure you hit your minimum protein/fats
    Lift using mostly compound movements (Bench press, rows, squats, chin-ups, deadlifts etc.) with some isolation movements where its needed
    Make sure you are increasing your lifts regularly (progressive overload)
    Sleep well every night with not a single source of light or sound near your bed, do not wake up for any reason. Take a piss/sh!t before you sleep to make sure you have uninterrupted sleep. 6-9 hours should do.
    Stretch regularly to avoid injuries and increase flexibility. This is important.
    Use weights you can actually handle, you want to stimulate your muscles, not lift everything as if your goal is simply to move the weight. Have some sense of a mind-muscle connection.

Do this for 3 months, if you still are not the slightest bit stronger/more muscular then get your test levels checked.

Quit blaming anything/anyone other than yourself for your failures.

Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    By applying a plethora of knowledge, that I've acquired over a long period of time, it requires me one to two days to see a significant change in body composition. This is, obviously, by applying the proper physiological practices that I've learnt and removing all the non-proper ones that I've identified in both body and behaviors.

The net result of applying the proper practices and removing all the non-proper ones will yield exponential results and thus is why I can see changes so fast. By properly manipulating hormones, low-carbing and meditation fat melts off as though it was the bodies only task.

Obviously, you haven't decided what to do yet. Or else you'd do it and would direct yourself towards to proper catalysts that would enable you to acquire the un-decided goals you don't have. Don't expect to see much sense in what I just said, since your indecisiveness also does not make sense to me.

In any case, look past the surface, study, practice, study, practice, work, work, work and have some luck!
    "I'll have a double big mac combo...with a DIET SODA!"
    I'm on a diet.

Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Braveheart999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP I feel your pain about slow progress. The truth is if you're human, biologically you are capable of building muscle and burning off fat. They are both fundamental to human survival. With that said some of us are dealt a better hand of genetics for these particular processes than others, so yes some people will pull them off with relative ease and without much effort in the diet department. It sucks, I know. But they still work hard to achieve their goals, just we have to work harder. Perhaps you aren't pushing hard enough in the gym, too.

Keep at it, have a little bitch and a moan but bring to mind your goal(s) and reasons for pursuing them, think about the end result and how awesome it will be to finally achieve it.

Never ever give up. Suck it up and get the hell back into it.
    Last edited by Braveheart999; 02-07-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Lift. Eat. Sleep. Repeat = Awesomeness.

Goal: 180lbs & 10% by the end of 2013.

kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Livestock View Post
    it requires me one to two days to see a significant change in body composition. This is, obviously, by applying the proper physiological practices that I've learnt and removing all the non-proper ones that I've identified in both body and behaviors.
    Two days you can see physical changes? I get what your saying of trying to figure out if something works or not!
    Originally Posted by Livestock View Post
    Obviously, you haven't decided what to do yet. Or else you'd do it and would direct yourself towards to proper catalysts that would enable you to acquire the un-decided goals you don't have. Don't expect to see much sense in what I just said, since your indecisiveness also does not make sense to me.
    Actually I have I've given myself a timeline to when I should quit! I can't keep facing an empty abyss on consistent basis! OH I can't fake my frustration, I can't pretend that I'm happy about it, I can't deny that the fact that as I age I won't get that body that I want. I'm tired of asking myself why am I not improving? Why are other getting better around me and I'm not?
    I mean if I can't have it why keep pursuing failure? I don't know where to put my mind if one day I'm old and still doing the same crappy stuff and asking where is this really going & still hold on to a silly dream!

Originally Posted by Braveheart999 View Post
    Perhaps you aren't pushing hard enough in the gym, too.
    Maybe so! Its hard prepare myself to go to the gym,sometimes I'm just tired! As of late I do get sore!
    Originally Posted by Braveheart999 View Post
    Keep at it, have a little bitch and a moan but bring to mind your goal(s) and reasons for pursuing them, think about the end result and how awesome it will be to finally achieve it.
    Never ever give up. Suck it up and get the hell back into it.
    Thanks for understanding!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 02-06-2013 at 08:18 PM.

LarsD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LarsD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Two days you can see physical changes? I get what your saying of trying to figure out if something works or not!

Actually I have I've given myself a timeline to when I should quit! I can't keep facing an empty abyss on consistent basis! OH I can't fake my frustration, I can't pretend that I'm happy about it, I can't deny that the fact that as I age I won't get that body that I want. I'm tired of asking myself why am I not improving? Why are other getting better around me and I'm not?
    I mean if I can't have it why keep pursuing failure? I don't know where to put my mind if one day I'm old and still doing the same crappy stuff and asking where is this really going & still hold on to a silly dream!

Maybe so! Its hard prepare myself to go to the gym,sometimes I'm just tired! As of late I do get sore!

Thanks for understanding!
    Bro... You can do this. I'm new to this but as I'm a carbon copy of my dad (including back issues\disease) I'm pretty sure I'll make some progress in the next few years as he did if I stay determined enough.

If you're really having trouble eating over 2000 kcals (I saw you mentioning you're doing 2500 atm: keep at it!) perhaps try including some full fat milk. Yes I know it's not ideal but at least it's a start. Perhaps even some semi-skimmed. It's got fats, protein and even some carbs. I wouldn't say try doing a gallon of milk a day because I think that takes things too far but drinking some of that stuff might help you reach the 3000 kcal line.

Let me sum up some pro's you've got going for ya:

1. You've got experience lifting.
    2. You're still in your 20's\30's (recently saw some dudes doing amazing stuff, natty, @ 45+)
    3. You're short. Once you start making progress you'll fill up quite easily. I'm about 6''1 so my progress, regardless of age, will look much slower in the mirror.

If you can get into eating larger portions\supplementing with some milks & shakes I'm 100% sure you'll make progress.
    If you STILL don't: go to a doctor if possible. There is, an extremely small, chance there might be something wrong with your hormonal balance. I myself am quite low in natural test production for instance even though I'm only 23 years old atm.

Keep at it man I'm sure you'll get there.

PS: Yes normally in the coming years aging should start to affect your natural hormone production. You can, however, keep your hormone levels higher than what they're supposed to be by:

1. Working out with heavy weights.
    2. Making sure you ingest enough fats as the digestion of certain fats increases testosterone production.

Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jibsheet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP post what lifts you do in the gym

LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lilramm View Post
    Aging!?!?! You're 29

I'm just going to second what lilramm said. Spoken like a champ. You are your own failure or success.

Originally Posted by Jibsheet View Post
    OP post what lifts you do in the gym
    Workout A
    Bench Press 3x8
    Push Up failure
    Lying ez bar ext 3x8
    Back Squat 3x20
    leg extention 3x10
    Workout B
    Pullup I can only do 3 lol~
    Dumbbell Pullover 3x10
    Standing Dumbbell Lateral 3x12
    Incline Hammer curl 3x8
    Seated Dumbbell Curl 3x8

I am trying I have notice that drinking a liter of milk a day has improve my strength level just abit!

ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoppersRow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know anymore!
    I tried! I dieted, I lifted and probably try to get some rest.
    But lets be honest here no one can perfect all of this in a consistent basis right?
    I just saw this dude whom I saw a year before and the dude got huge!
    Am I jealous? NO!
    But it does say to me that I can't do it!!!!
    I mean I tried! I can go at it over and over and over!!!
    I'm measuring crap over and over!!! Yes I lost the weight!!!
    But dear God I don't think I'm getting muscular or stronger or better!!!
    I know I get it! If I can't eat an elephant a day! And If I can't lift huge chunk of weight in PERFECT FORM THEN I'M SCREWED!
    YOU can blame everything that's on the top of my head right now. But I can't also tell you that I'm not trying my best!!!
    Is it just possible that I don't have enough test cause there most be a reason!!!
    I can't for the life of me improve!!! I tried getting fat and I tried caloricly torture myself! The only difference was the amount of fat I got not of how much muscle or strength I've been gaining!!!
    What kind of exercise program are you using!!!
    How many calories per day are you eating!!!
    What are your macros!!!

Originally Posted by ShoppersRow View Post
    What kind of exercise program are you using!!!
    Posted at the top!
    How many calories per day are you eating!!!
    3,000 calories more or less!
    What are your macros!!!
    154g 46% fat 204g 27% carb 204g 27% protein

So yeah I am gaining strength that's all!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP, I'm the same height as you and I'm losing weight weekly on 2,000 calories per day (female). Just to give you perspective of how little calories that actually is when you weigh & measure it I'm also 29.

Nobody has hours per day to just sit around and train and eat. None of us. The difference between those who succeed are those who make the time (4am, 11pm if need be) and those who sit down and stuff the food needed. It is very easy to eat 500+ calories alone of something like peanut butter or nuts, and do that 2x a day if you're desperate.

If bodybuilding was so easy and came so quick, everyone would be huge and fit. Do you have the time and dedication for this? Only you can decide.

Your workout program is bad. View the workout program section for more. You are neglecting your lower body and overemphasizing your upper body with poor progression. The best way to succeed in this is to take advice from those with proven knowledge - pick up a copy of Starting Strength and start over.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    OP, I'm the same height as you and I'm losing weight weekly on 2,000 calories per day (female). Just to give you perspective of how little calories that actually is when you weigh & measure it I'm also 29.

Nobody has hours per day to just sit around and train and eat. None of us. The difference between those who succeed are those who make the time (4am, 11pm if need be) and those who sit down and stuff the food needed. It is very easy to eat 500+ calories alone of something like peanut butter or nuts, and do that 2x a day if you're desperate.

If bodybuilding was so easy and came so quick, everyone would be huge and fit. Do you have the time and dedication for this? Only you can decide.

Your workout program is bad. View the workout program section for more. You are neglecting your lower body and overemphasizing your upper body with poor progression. The best way to succeed in this is to take advice from those with proven knowledge - pick up a copy of Starting Strength and start over.
    OH yeah I forgot there was lunges on workout b and half raises!

Originally Posted by sonti View Post

Thanks for the advice I left out there was calf raises and lunges on workout b!
    I'm egg almost everyday and a liter of milk a day!

Set a goal & achieve it! mscriven's Avatar
    mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mean let face it! In the REAL WORLD where you have a long hour work period. I doubt ANYONE CAN DO THIS! 6-7 meals a day and a boat load of food to prepare on a daily basis! OK I get some smart ass here is going to reply BUT YOU DON'T TO EAT 6-7 meals a day!!! TO which I say tried gobbling 3000 cal in one or two sitting for sure you won't be able to finish it halfway through! Oh yeah preparing all of this will be so easy as well right?
    I do this 7 days a week, my work day is 12.5 hours monday to friday. My physical condition is a priority to me, and I feel like you need to make it more of a priority in your life. I track my intake and macros using a smartphone app, I enter the meal in while I'm eating it, it takes literally seconds to do. You say you don't have time? I bet you can find 30 seconds during a meal.

2000 calories isn't going to get you much gains, if any. I cut at 2200 calories a day, losing 2 pounds a week consistently. If you want to grow, you have to eat! Don't give up, educate yourself, learn more about nutrition, setup a plan and follow it for 2 weeks and then re-evaluate.

Originally Posted by mscriven View Post
    I do this 7 days a week, my work day is 12.5 hours monday to friday. My physical condition is a priority to me, and I feel like you need to make it more of a priority in your life. I track my intake and macros using a smartphone app, I enter the meal in while I'm eating it, it takes literally seconds to do. You say you don't have time? I bet you can find 30 seconds during a meal.
    Its true its easy to input them in a smartphone. But what if you have a fish name pirit? Or a food name lug-lug? I mean these are the few things that will not show up on your smartphone trust me! OH yeah preparing those will take more the 30 minutes right?
    Originally Posted by mscriven View Post
    2000 calories isn't going to get you much gains, if any. I cut at 2200 calories a day, losing 2 pounds a week consistently. If you want to grow, you have to eat! Don't give up, educate yourself, learn more about nutrition, setup a plan and follow it for 2 weeks and then re-evaluate.
    I am and I have! Hopefully will yield result! NOT!!!

gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    46% fat. WTF? Why you eating so much fat?

I know what you mean though, my gym is full of people that are built and no chance some of them eat all the right stuff, or even bother to track what they're eating, I'm pretty sure.

Originally Posted by gaz1980 View Post
    46% fat. WTF? Why you eating so much fat?
    I don't know based on the mynetdiary app I just adjusted my protein to around 200g+ so the rest are automatically adjusted by the app! And I'm meeting those calories because I eat alot of fish!
    I know what you mean though, my gym is full of people that are built and no chance some of them eat all the right stuff, or even bother to track what they're eating, I'm pretty sure.
    FINALLY SOMEONE TELLIN THE TRUTH!!!
    But yeah w/ calorie counting I am able to figure out how much I'm actually eating.
    I just feel that sometimes its tedious I live in another country having to figure things by myself is hard. Worst is that most of you guys DON'T GET IT!

gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know based on the mynetdiary app I just adjusted my protein to around 200g+ so the rest are automatically adjusted by the app! And I'm meeting those calories because I eat alot of fish!

FINALLY SOMEONE TELLIN THE TRUTH!!!
    But yeah w/ calorie counting I am able to figure out how much I'm actually eating.
    I just feel that sometimes its tedious I live in another country having to figure things by myself is hard. Worst is that most of you guys DON'T GET IT!
    Get on a diet with 3,000 cals a day. 40/40/20 p/c/f split. Stuff yerself with tuna, eggs, chicken, and loads of protein shakes or it will be difficult to get your protein requirements - I'd aim for 250g a day protein if you can. Use MyFitnessPal app to track all this if you have a smartphone. You can store meals then copy to days, so it becomes really quick after a while. Moderate your alcohol intake. Do a workout of compound lifts three times a week increasing the load based on whatever strength plan you can find on here. Do cardio once or twice a week on off days for 20 minutes or so, HIIT if you can.

Do all this for eight weeks and see how that goes. Don't get paranoid about putting too much fat on, you can cut it later.

Get on a diet with 3,000 cals a day. 40/40/20 p/c/f split. Stuff yerself with tuna, eggs, chicken, and loads of protein shakes or it will be difficult to get your protein requirements - I'd aim for 250g a day protein if you can. Do a workout of compound lifts three times a week increasing the load based on whatever strength plan you can find on here. Do cardio once or twice a week on off days for 20 minutes or so, HIIT if you can.
    I don't know about the 40% protein is a great idea. I tried taking huge doses of protein back then, although I don't know how much was my intake cause I didn't do the calorie counting thing but it showed up on my urine like urates came out!
    Use MyFitnessPal app to track all this if you have a smartphone. You can store meals then copy to days, so it becomes really quick after a while.
    Myfitnesspal requires me to connect to the net everytime so I can't use that on my work cause there no wifi on it.
    Moderate your alcohol intake.
    I don't drink alcohol or smoke!
    Do all this for eight weeks and see how that goes. Don't get paranoid about putting too much fat on, you can cut it later.
    ok
    I"m not quite sure if I can get 250g of protein cause even at 200g I'm already struggling!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 02-22-2013 at 06:45 AM.

freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gunabodybuild View Post
    nope your diet and training is just more than likely rubbish. People are so quick to blame genetics do you think every person that is strong and a decent size has amazing genetics? no they just worked hard.
    Agree. It's got to be your diet, your training and your attitude. Be persistent and stick to a regime! There's no way you won't see results if you discipline yourself.

BJons21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bridwell2011 View Post
    2000 calories is to low? how many calories do you recommend for one to consume for a good decent gain?
    I'm taking in about 3800 (clean) calories a day and I have been consistently gaining about 2 lbs a week.
    Keepin it real since '88

boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow.. This thread is so frustrating!

OP,

Protein: 1-1.5g per pound body weight
    Fat: 0.3-0.5g per pound body weight
    Carb: fill in the rest of your cals with this.. You should be aiming for roughly 250-500 calorie surplus per week. For you I'd look to gain between 2-3 pounds per month and adjust caloric surplus accordingly. Your weight may plateau on the same surplus after a few weeks and if this occurs simply increase calories to keep that monthly gain going.

Training: focus on progressive overload, meaning increasing either weight, reps, or sets each workout for your main lifts (squat, deadlift, bench press, military press). Google a program called 'starting strength' or 5/3/1, this will allow you to focus on these main lifts trying to improve each week. All the other fluff (curls etc.. Leave them for now and focus on main compound movements).

STICK TO A PROGRAM! Meaning let the program work for at least 6 months, do not program hop. This is the fastest way to spin your wheels and gain no progress!

You say you've been training 4 years and still can only do 3 pull ups?? You need to take people's advice and stop being defensive my dude!

Don't worry about meal timing.. 2 meals a day, 7 meals a day, makes no difference just hit you macros for the day and your good!

Look forward to seeing the changes in a years time bro..

Dobric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Srsly?

Look how hard people are trying to motivate you, and you just keep using excuses.
    1.) No time? I do carpentry and work 12 hours a day work out and sleep and work again.
    2.)Aging? Age doesn't matter for ****.
    3.)Genetics? Look at other ppls progress u think its cause of their genetics?
    4.)Cant eat enough calories? Seriously, eat more meals with more calories, **** 2 hot dogs without buns or anything have 540cals.
    5.)No one to train with? You only have 1 friend with "perfect" genetics?
    6.)You are so attention hungry that your not taking the time to learn what people are trying to tell you.
    7.)Your body will go as far as your mind is willing to take it, everyone can tell you how to do it properly but if you dont listen and try and make excuses how are you hoping for gains.

In all honesty my heart goes out to you but the battle is not with your body but with your mind. Good luck to you.

boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dobric View Post
    look how hard people are trying to motivate you, and you just keep using excuses.
    1.) no time? I do carpentry and work 12 hours a day work out and sleep and work again.
    2.)aging? Age doesn't matter for ****.
    3.)genetics? Look at other ppls progress u think its cause of their genetics?
    4.)cant eat enough calories? Seriously, eat more meals with more calories, **** 2 hot dogs without buns or anything have 540cals.
    5.)no one to train with? You only have 1 friend with "perfect" genetics?
    6.)you are so attention hungry that your not taking the time to learn what people are trying to tell you.
    7.)your body will go as far as your mind is willing to take it, everyone can tell you how to do it properly but if you dont listen and try and make excuses how are you hoping for gains.

In all honesty my heart goes out to you but the battle is not with your body but with your mind. Good luck to you.

boom

I don't know about the 40% protein is a great idea.
    You said you want to build muscle, so from where I'm standing it's a pretty fantastic idea.

Nikitina9855 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bridwell2011 View Post
    2000 calories is to low? how many calories do you recommend for one to consume for a good decent gain?
    Google TDEE and plug your numbers into the IIFYM calculator.
    It shows you how many calories you should intake daily based on your schedule. I was utterly surprised by how much I have to intake (3532 to maintain).