OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lightbulb forms, postpartum and stuff........

Sup guys/Ladiis,

I'm currently putting together some forms/questionnaires for future clients, pre-gaming. Aside from the PAR-Q and General questions( like goals, history, etc) I was thinking it wouldn't be such a bad idea to compile some additional questions for postpartum clients......through some research here's what I got so far.
    Please critique, add, deleted as you wish. Through reading I've definitely learn to respect this level of training as it's a bit more fragile. I'm always up for some insight from knowledgeable seasoned trainers on here. thanks

Were you active/engaged in a fitness program prior/during pregnancy? (Type-Frequency-Intensity?)
    How long has it been since the delivery?
    Did you have any surgery performed?(Cesarean, etc?)
    Are you currently nursing? (Frequency?)
    Are you familiar/Have you "self-test" for diastasis recti? (provide steps for self test)
    Health, Wealth, and Knowledge Itself.

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #3 -!!!---!!!-

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks great! I would also be sure to clarify the diastasis recti yourself, as it is simple and only takes a few minutes. The diastasis can change weekly for a postpartum woman so what she had at her 6 week check up may be better (or worse) than when she comes to you.

Another add:
    - If a natural (vaginal) delivery, did you have an episiotomy/significant tearing? (this will obviously affect the recovery - I've had two natural deliveries, one with an episiotomy, one without, and the one with an episiotomy definently affected my ability to squat safely without pain. A 3rd-4th degree tear will tear the muscles from front to back, it can be even worse than a C-section- although a woman 3rd/4th degree tear will probably not go near a gym for 6 months).

Looks good! If you are interested in training postpartum clients, I recommend investing (it's cheap!) into Julie Tupler's book "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" which is not a fat loss book but a diastasis rehab book. Excellent explanations and physical diagrams for trainers.

OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Looks great! I would also be sure to clarify the diastasis recti yourself, as it is simple and only takes a few minutes. The diastasis can change weekly for a postpartum woman so what she had at her 6 week check up may be better (or worse) than when she comes to you.

Another add:
    - If a natural (vaginal) delivery, did you have an episiotomy/significant tearing? (this will obviously affect the recovery - I've had two natural deliveries, one with an episiotomy, one without, and the one with an episiotomy definently affected my ability to squat safely without pain. A 3rd-4th degree tear will tear the muscles from front to back, it can be even worse than a C-section- although a woman 3rd/4th degree tear will probably not go near a gym for 6 months).

Looks good! If you are interested in training postpartum clients, I recommend investing (it's cheap!) into Julie Tupler's book "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" which is not a fat loss book but a diastasis rehab book. Excellent explanations and physical diagrams for trainers.
    Awesome! After doing some research Ive definitley acquired new level of reapect for women and what thier body goes thru .Thanks for the chip-in. Ill definitely check put Tulper's book.
    Health, Wealth, and Knowledge Itself.

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #3 -!!!---!!!-

LTFPT33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

I love the idea! Im looking forward to expanding my knowledge of training Pre/postnatal women as well.
    405/355/290