Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

tom2222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cant seem to gain muscles. HELP ASAP?

ok i have NO idea why i am not gain muscles. plz any one tell me any tips what i am doing wrong. i beeing going to gym for 6 months. i can see i am alot stronger but no muscles.

my info:
    23 yr old
    6.2 height
    170lbs weight

work out info:

monday
    chest - 100 lbs(machine) - 6 set, 10 reps
    back- 110 lbs - 6 set, 10 reps

tuesday:
    run- burn 500 cals
    abs

wed:
    shoulders 50lbs - 6 set, 10 reps
    legs - 210lbs - 6 set, 10 reps

thur:
    run- burn 500 cals
    abs

Fri:
    bicp - 100 lbs(machine) 6 set, 10 reps
    tripcs: 70 lbs(machine) 6 set, 10 reps

sat:
    run- burn 500 cals
    abs

sun:
    rest

also also drink WHEY protein shake.
    about 100g of protein on mon, web, fri
    60g of protein on tue, thur, sat
    30g of protein on sun

Stats: 5'11", 230 lbs
    ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChessGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit ChessGuy's BodySpace
    Quit the small muscle exercises and do big muscle exercises.

Do a search on here for 'Modified Starting Strength'.

Quit running so much.

rhyscous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Before i give advice i would like to add i'm not qualified however i have experience in muscle gaining etc (Gym user for years).

Firstly i would look at taking a extra break within the week, your muscles don't grow in the gym they grow when you rest so look into taking perhaps thursday and the sunday off. Next i would scrap the cardio as when you are doing to much cardio you burn calories which are used when gaining muscle, cardio is great when you are cutting fat however you are bulking so burning calories off is making your muscle gain more difficult. Next i would look into moving off some of the machines and look into doing free weights, on your chest session do things like Bench press, pec fly and incline bench press to start with. You say you are doing 6 sets, i would personally do a higher weight and do 3 sets 6-8 reps per exercise instead of doing lower weight and 6 sets. How is your diet? nutrition is key, a lot of people seem to think they can walk into a gym and then go to the nearest McDonalds afterwards and will see results.

Hopefully i've helped a bit, any more questions then give me a shout.

InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InsanelyFit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is called eating more, specifically protein.

Protein intake should be roughly the same for EVERYDAY. Even on non-training days. I am currently taking in ~180g protein every day.

naominimrata is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Son....too many sets, and too high reps. What exact exercises are you doing for each body part? It's simple really: eat clean foods (calories) above the amount you spend. Lift heavier, lower reps, longer rest period. Sleep more often. Sleeeeep is your best friend in this situation. Get a good trainer that'll guide you through this if you want to see results...or waste another six months w mediocre results.

Ace certified/ health and exercise major

Stats: 6'1", 170 lbs
    iSkf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit iSkf's BodySpace
    Hey I believe I can help you with this, while Im not a "qualified personal trainer" I have extensive study in things like hypertrophy and nutrition and am currently undergoing my cert 3+4 in fitness to get my qualification, anyway enough of that.

For you I would advise taking a look at something called agonist/antagonist workouts, they work opposing muscle groups at the same time to cause a greater blood flow through your muscles which of course results in more nutrients being flown to the muscles which helps them grow faster and stronger (makes sense right) I also recommend trying to have 2-3 resting days a week, over working your muscles will simply cause them to tear (not the good kind) and will in fact hinder your progress to muscle gain. Try doing 3 different groups of exercises for each muscle on each day, example, on Monday you could work your back and chest, doing 3 sets of Bent Over Rows, 3 sets of Wide Grip Pull Ups and 3 sets of Lat Pulldowns for your back, while doing 3 sets of Flat Bench DB press, 3 sets of Incline Bench DB flys, and 3 sets of incline dips for your chest, if you work these sets into an agonist/antagonist workout you should be able to feel a much better "pump" in your muscles after your workout and see results a lot faster.

Also make sure your diet is good! Be having your protein shakes after you work out and loading on complex carbs before your workouts, make sure your getting the right amount of calories each day and try to have it around 50% carbs, 30-40% protein and 10-20% fats (the good kinds, peanuts, sunflower seeds etc) the maximum amount of protein your body will take in with each meal is around 30g of protein so make sure your eating every 2-3 hours that your awake and getting large amounts of supplements with each of those meals! Hope that all helps

KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KyleAaron has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit KyleAaron's BodySpace
    This is advice for a healthy young adult who wants to get bigger. I give you this advice knowing you will ignore it. You are a typical young guy who likes to run and is worried about losing his abs, therefore you will never get bigger, instead you will just bounce around the forums for years buying useless supplements and doing stupid things like P90X.

Do this:
    • stop running - running burns energy, energy which is required to make you grow.
    • barbell deadlift, 2-4 warmup sets of 5, 2 work sets of 5. Start with 40kg, when you can do 5,5 with this top weight, add 2.5kg next time. Continue until you can deadlift no less than 140kg for 5,5.
    • barbell bench press, 2-4 warmup sets 5, 2 work sets of 5. Start with the empty bar or 20kg, when you can do 5,5 with this top weight, add 2.5kg next time. Continue until you can bench press no less than 60kg for 5,5.
    • chinups, do 10 reps total, spread them out through the rest of your workout, between bench press sets is best. When you can do 10 chinups in a row, go for 20 total. A "chinup" should be paused for a count of 3 at the bottom, and your chest should touch the bar at the top; this ensures a full range of motion which ensures all your muscles get worked.
    • if you cannot do the target reps, just work on the total. eg you deadlifted 100kg, but only for 4,4. That's fine, you owe 2 reps, get a third set with 2. Keep doing this until you can do 5,5, then add weight and proceed as before.
    • stop running
    • do nothing else until you have achieved those lifts. When you have, come back and we'll give you other exercises.
    Eat this:
    • breakfast, cup oats boiled with tablespoon of honey, 4 scrambled eggs, glass milk
    • morning tea, glass of milk, piece of fruit, handful of nuts
    • lunch, whole chicken breast or 200g fish with 2 cups chopped vegetables and 1 cup pasta, rice or potatoes, glass milk
    • afternoon tea, glass of milk, piece of fruit, handful of nuts
    • dinner, 220+g steak, 2 cups chopped vegetables, 2 cups pasta, rice or potatoes, glass of milk
    • after a fortnight, weigh yourself. If you are not at least 1kg heavier, drink an extra litre of milk a day (ie an extra glass at each meal). Weigh again after another fortnight. Repeat until either you are heavier each fortnight, or you are drinking 4lt of milk a day in total.
    Until you do all that, do not speak to us again.
    Last edited by KyleAaron; 02-03-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Elite coaching is about getting the last 5% out of a person's performance, personal training is about getting the first 50%.

athleticclubeast.com.au

rsbones is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Love that answer KyleAaron. I always say that you don't get bigger in the gym, you get bigger in the kitchen. I really don't understand why people don't get this. Doing any sort of activity, especially weight training, burns calories and leads to weight loss (if diet remained constant). Do people just think weight/muscle is just floating around in space is going to attach itself their body or something? There is only one way the human body gets bigger/heavier: through the mouth.

(Of course, some of us don't want to get any bigger but keeping the above in mind lets us know that we can still lift heavy without fear of "bulking up")