MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation which is a better weight gainer

hey guys new to the forums, i want to gain about 20-30 pounds which is a good weight gainer to buy i read some reviews and so far i think the best 3 are ;

Up Your Mass, cyto gainer, or BSN True-Mass

I'm 5'8ish 155 pounds. please do share your opinions on different weight gainers and which are the best. thanks for all the help!

silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently using Up Your Mass and have no complaints. I prefer Pro Complex but picked up the MHP tubs for $22 a piece.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Food would be the best weight gainer...
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellis42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    ^^this would be best or making your own gainer if you have time

If you don't have time then try CytoGainer Chocolate Malt, I used it and loved it
    Within Me Lies The Soul Of A Gladiator, And The Heart Of A Lion

iForce Hemavol review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151140643

iForce Compete review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151141253

I Rep all MILITARY on sight

MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJay908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    of course food is a great way of gaining weight, but while Im at school or work I'd like to drink a shake since i don't have time to cook a meal and eat it, i can just make a shake and im good to go.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This was an appropriate time to drop a line about food in response to a supplement question. Beginners seem to think there's some special muscle building magic about the sugar/carbs crammed into weight gainer products. Someone trying to gain 20-30 pounds as quickly as possible by chugging weight gainers is not going to pleased with the results, because not much of it will be muscle. For muscle gain, I believe 3-4 pounds per month for a beginner is the best that can be achieved, and intermediates should be thrilled with half of that in a month. Anyone can pack on a bunch of weight by guzzling table sugar and saturated fat, but building muscle happens more slowly than people hope.

Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post
    This was an appropriate time to drop a line about food in response to a supplement question. Beginners seem to think there's some special muscle building magic about the sugar/carbs crammed into weight gainer products. Someone trying to gain 20-30 pounds as quickly as possible by chugging weight gainers is not going to pleased with the results, because not much of it will be muscle. For muscle gain, I believe 3-4 pounds per month for a beginner is the best that can be achieved, and intermediates should be thrilled with half of that in a month. Anyone can pack on a bunch of weight by guzzling table sugar and saturated fat, but building muscle happens more slowly than people hope.
    I just want to gain weight, ill worry about doing the muscle gain later. I use to weigh 123 pounds, I have a really fast metabolism so it's been a mission and a half to gain what i gained but i guess ill continue to just stuff my face -.-

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrJay908 View Post
    I just want to gain weight, ill worry about doing the muscle gain later. I use to weigh 123 pounds, I have a really fast metabolism so it's been a mission and a half to gain what i gained but i guess ill continue to just stuff my face -.-
    If you don't want to eat whole foods or blend your own shakes, I recommend ginger ale and heavy cream as a weight gainer. That's old school bodybuilding advice right there.

If you don't want to eat whole foods or blend your own shakes, I recommend ginger ale and heavy cream as a weight gainer. That's old school bodybuilding advice right there.
    malta goya is better imo

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey guys new to the forums, i want to gain about 20-30 pounds which is a good weight gainer to buy i read some reviews and so far i think the best 3 are ;

I'm 5'8ish 155 pounds. please do share your opinions on different weight gainers and which are the best. thanks for all the help!

I have not used any of the three weight gainers you have mentioned, so I can't recommend any of them.
    Experiment and see which is best for you.
    Please note 1000+ calories weight gainers won't give you 20-30 lbs of muscle, especially if you are not much physically active apart from weight training. You will gain fat as well, especially aound your belly. I think some weight gainers have too much calories (and some are from sugars) for the amount of protein they offer per serving. You end up paying too much for both product and shipping only for those extra calories. Around 600 calories per serving is good. If you want more calories, eat some good low to medium GI foods, unless you are very busy and need a quick shake of maltodextrin, waxymaize and so on.

In the past, I have used Universal Ultra Mass, Universal real Gains and ON Serious Mass. All of them were decent but far from very good as weight gainers. Now, I prefer to use Dymatize Mass Elite, Prolab N-large 3, ON Pro Complex with carbs or just any good whey protein with milk, maltodextrin/waxymaize/dextrose, bananas, peanut butter, oreos and so on.

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    of course food is a great way of gaining weight, but while Im at school or work I'd like to drink a shake since i don't have time to cook a meal and eat it, i can just make a shake and im good to go.
    Then, try ON Serious Mass or MuscleTech Mass-Tech. Sip one serving or two with milk throughout your day at school or work. But, I still advise to take some whole foods inbetween taking those shakes, else you will end up with loose bowels.

MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calories are claories,

Set protein and then eat more carbs or fats...... You dont need special products or ****. Buy chocolate milk if u want.

Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenersonsize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OptimumBody View Post
    Then, try ON Serious Mass or MuscleTech Mass-Tech. Sip one serving or two with milk throughout your day at school or work. But, I still advise to take some whole foods inbetween taking those shakes, else you will end up with loose bowels.
    These are the 2 i am currently using and i have been gaining a steady 10lbs per month.
    *Neg Repped by *******s Crew*

Originally Posted by Stenersonsize View Post
    These are the 2 i am currently using and i have been gaining a steady 10lbs per month.
    Thanks. Atleast, you agree with me. Some users here seem to have a problem when they see me giving others advice. They just want others to follow only their advice and don't want someone else to give a different advice. They try to put me off or lower my reputation with harsh comments. Don't worry about those who have lowered your reputation. Just keep doing good things and ignore the annoying users.

Originally Posted by OptimumBody View Post
    I have not used any of the three weight gainers you have mentioned, so I can't recommend any of them.
    Experiment and see which is best for you.
    Please note 1000+ calories weight gainers won't give you 20-30 lbs of muscle, especially if you are not much physically active apart from weight training. You will gain fat as well, especially aound your belly. I think some weight gainers have too much calories (and some are from sugars) for the amount of protein they offer per serving. You end up paying too much for both product and shipping only for those extra calories. Around 600 calories per serving is good. If you want more calories, eat some good low to medium GI foods, unless you are very busy and need a quick shake of maltodextrin, waxymaize and so on.

In the past, I have used Universal Ultra Mass, Universal real Gains and ON Serious Mass. All of them were decent but far from very good as weight gainers. Now, I prefer to use Dymatize Mass Elite, Prolab N-large 3, ON Pro Complex with carbs or just any good whey protein with milk, maltodextrin/waxymaize/dextrose, bananas, peanut butter, oreos and so on.

I know thats right, the 30 pounds i gained went to my stomach lol. I don't mind it since I been skinny all my life, I wanna bulk up and then go ape **** in the gym! I just wanna add a few extra calories to the end of my day. I'm going to try;cyto gainer cookies and cream. the ingredients are:

Cytocarb Ii (Cytosport's Unique Combination of Branching As Well As Long Linear Chain Maltodextrins With Very Low De [Dextrose Equivalence] Providing A Complex Carbohydrate Source Approximately 96.5% Sugar-free), Cytopro Ii (Special Ultrafiltered, Non-denatured, Ultra High Quality Whey Protein Concentrate and Pre-digested, Ion-exchanged Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Chocolate Cookie Pieces, Cytovite I, Vitamin and Mineral Premix Consisting of (Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol, D-alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Folate, Thiamine Monohydrate, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Di-calcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide, Electrolytic Iron, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Gluconate, and Zinc Oxide), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Creatine Monohydrate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Citrate, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Chromium Nicotinate. Essential Amino Acids (Grams of Amino Acid Per 100 Grams of Pure Protein): L-Leucine (Bcaa) (11.5G), L-isoLeucine (Bcaa) (6.5G), L-vaLine (Bcaa) (6.2G), L-Lysine (9.6G), L-threonine (6.8G), L-methionine (2.2G), L-phenyLaLanine (3.5G), L-tryptophan (1.8 G).

thanks all!

Registered User mmafighterskiba's Avatar
    mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000) mmafighterskiba is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought up your mass was pretty good, i will say you should try to get that many extra calories in whole foods simply because whole foods are much better than supplements.

If you cant eat an extra 800 calories but your diet is on point then feel free to add in a weight gainer. I used up your mass a few times until MuscleTech came out with the new Mass-Tech I think both products are great options IF you cant eat the extra calories

Smile

I know thats right, the 30 pounds i gained went to my stomach lol. I don't mind it since I been skinny all my life, I wanna bulk up and then go ape **** in the gym! I just wanna add a few extra calories to the end of my day. I'm going to try;cyto gainer cookies and cream. the ingredients are:

Cytocarb Ii (Cytosport's Unique Combination of Branching As Well As Long Linear Chain Maltodextrins With Very Low De [Dextrose Equivalence] Providing A Complex Carbohydrate Source Approximately 96.5% Sugar-free), Cytopro Ii (Special Ultrafiltered, Non-denatured, Ultra High Quality Whey Protein Concentrate and Pre-digested, Ion-exchanged Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Chocolate Cookie Pieces, Cytovite I, Vitamin and Mineral Premix Consisting of (Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol, D-alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Folate, Thiamine Monohydrate, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Di-calcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide, Electrolytic Iron, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Gluconate, and Zinc Oxide), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Creatine Monohydrate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Citrate, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Chromium Nicotinate. Essential Amino Acids (Grams of Amino Acid Per 100 Grams of Pure Protein): L-Leucine (Bcaa) (11.5G), L-isoLeucine (Bcaa) (6.5G), L-vaLine (Bcaa) (6.2G), L-Lysine (9.6G), L-threonine (6.8G), L-methionine (2.2G), L-phenyLaLanine (3.5G), L-tryptophan (1.8 G).

thanks all!
    Yes. Experiment and see what is best for you. As long as you are satisfied with a supplement, keep using it.

kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    4 of these a day should do the trick for you op...plus more flavor...hell throw in a chicken breast if youd like =)

MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

on the real though USMC and proud of it HOORAH.

kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    strong this
    MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

on the real though USMC and proud of it HOORAH.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since 1978, Ben & Jerry has been helping bodybuilders get the most out of their freakish training routines by providing all the calories they need, plus some they didn't know they needed. For 25 straight years, people like you have made Ben & Jerry the #1 selling gainer in the world. In fact, more bodybuilders scooped their spoons into Ben & Jerry than any other bodybuilding supplement in history. Why? Simple. Ben & Jerry gets the job done. It works. First time. Every time. Ben & Jerry has stood the test of time.

See, nature, in all her ingenuity, has designed the human body as the ultimate training machine. Since the dawn of mankind, our bodies have changed very little. And when it comes to growing our muscles in a freakish way, we still need the right combination and mega-doses of fat, carbohydrates, and protein. Only Ben & Jerry has everything you need.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

People just don't get it ragnar1199's Avatar
    ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ragnar1199 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Well, if you're looking for weight gainer advice, here goes:

People recommend more food. I agree. However, I don't know your body composition, but mine? I was always thin, low bodyfat. I could eat whatever and not gain any fat. After 12 years of training, I'm still pretty much that way. I need to consume 5000 calories a day to gain muscle, or at least to gain any significant weight. I can still get a little stronger with less calories, but to gain weight, I need mass calories. No bullchit, no lying, that's the truth.

I've used quite a few weight gainers. I've seen very good results from having a ~1000 calorie weight gainer shake for breakfast. I don't care what any one says. Food may be better, but the likelihood of me eating 1000 calories for breakfast is slim to none. I'm just not that hungry at 6:00 in the morning. But I can drink a high calorie shake, then have a 500 calorie or so snack 3 hours later. Or, if I do eat breakfast, I have the weight gainer shake 3 hours later. Either way, I've seen better results doing that than just having food.

So, my recommendation for a weight gainer? Let's see, I've had lots and always change. Right now, I'm using Dymatize Elite Mass Gainer, and I do not recommend that one. I like more carbs than what that has, and it doesn't mix too well. I've used Universal Gain Fast, that was pretty good, but mixes REAL thick. Real gains is alright, but I didn't think that tasted too good years ago. Recently I had VPX Giant Gains, that wasnt' too bad, but not the greatest. My favorite has been the original Gaspari Real Mass (vanilla tasted awesome), but I think now you can only get the probiotic version. I have not had that, but from what I've read, I don't think I want to try it, but I might.

My next purchase will be SAN Mass Effect Revolution, once my tax return comes. It's got the high carbs I'm looking for.
    RPS Annihilation, 10-18-14, 220 amateur, raw, no knee wraps or sleeves:

Squat: 475
    Bench Press: 325, failed 355 on my third attempt
    Deadlift: 565
    Total: 1365

TrenBarber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenBarber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    not tryin to get negged here. but the answer for me are the Homemade ones. Whey, peanut butter, oatmeal, and maybe even some whole milk.

GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I should start giving classes on how to get fat. But seriously those home made weight gainers arnt bad. I wish I could help more but ive never been on your side of the fence.