dkdow0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Criticise my meal plan on a budget!

I am very new to all of this, but no need to be gentle. I basically have no idea what I'm doing and I just devised this meal plan. The only thing I took into account was protein, carb and fat values. The main thing I am asking here is do I need to add in foods just provide me with vitamins and minerals etc (I literally have no fruit or vegetables in this diet). I thought of taking a multivitamin everymorning (which I do already) to help with this, but I was not sure if it was sufficient or not. I am notoriously picky when it comes to food, and am not a fan of most fruit and vegetables, but if necessary I suppose I will force them down

any other aspects of my plan that stand out to you, feel free to criticise!

Keep in mind when reading this I weigh 70 kilos, and am dieting with the intention of putting on size.

Meal 1
    250g Milk with 30g WPC
    2 Whole Eggs Fried
    2 Slices of bread

51.5g Protein
    28.3g Fat
    40.6g Carbs

Meal 2
    185g Tuna in brine
    2 Slice White bread
    20g Mayo

34.9g Protein
    12.22g Fat
    49.6g Carbs

Meal 3

160g canned Chicken in Springwater
    20g Tablespoon Mayo
    2 x Slice White bread

39.3g Protein
    19g Fat
    42.3g Carbs

Meal 4 (PWO)

500g Milk
    60g WPC
    1 x Slice White Bread

67g Protein
    14.1g Fat
    30g Carbs

Meal 5

500g Skinless chicken breast
    1 Flour Tortilla
    40g Chipotle Southwest Sauce

43.2g Protein
    12.9g Fat
    33.6g Carbs

Meal 6 (before bed)

60g Casein Protein
    500g Milk

65g Protein
    17.8g Fat
    2.8g Carbs

Totals:
    306g Protein
    120g Fat
    205g Carbs

mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlettini54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it would be more helpful if someone critiqued your diet instead of criticised it

im still learning so I wouldn't be much help

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Criticize your diet? Ok. Your diet sucks.

What you have presented us is a single day, repeating meal plan. If that alone wasn't an issue, you're also eating 6x a day which is completely unnecessary, consuming excessive amounts of protein, and other things... I'm not going to pick it apart. I would recommend starting over.

I'll just offer this advice: starting off too rigid, strict, and with little variety is what a lot of people do and why a lot of people quit after the first month. Don't write yourself a "diet" but maybe provide yourself with some interchangeable meals with more variety. Build in more flexibility. Also ask yourself "is this diet realistic for my lifestyle?"

dkdow0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    Criticize your diet? Ok. Your diet sucks.

What you have presented us is a single day, repeating meal plan. If that alone wasn't an issue, you're also eating 6x a day which is completely unnecessary, consuming excessive amounts of protein, and other things... I'm not going to pick it apart. I would recommend starting over.

I'll just offer this advice: starting off too rigid, strict, and with little variety is what a lot of people do and why a lot of people quit after the first month. Don't write yourself a "diet" but maybe provide yourself with some interchangeable meals with more variety. Build in more flexibility. Also ask yourself "is this diet realistic for my lifestyle?"
    I appreciate your criticism, and I probably should have made it clear that I intended to substitute in other meals so that I didn't get bored with it. This was more of an example day to make sure I got everything right. Which, as I expected, you don't think I have. I would benefit more from yourself or someone else pointing out where I'm going wrong with what I've got (other than too much protein, which you pointed out).
    I was not going to religiously follow the same one day worth of meals for months on end. I figured that much would have been obvious.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you read the stickies at the top of the nutrition forums yet? That's a good place to start.

The food choices are up to you. Try to get at least 25g of fiber per day from whole food sources on top of hitting your macronutrient needs.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    The food choices are up to you. Try to get at least 25g of fiber per day from whole food sources on top of hitting your macronutrient needs.
    And ensuring micronutrient sufficiency, preferably soruced from whole and minimally processed foods.