Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TrenBarber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenBarber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Honestly, being fat for powerlifting isn't always a bad thing.

MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrenBarber View Post
    Unless you want a good deadlift lol

GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MachetePower View Post
    Unless you want a good deadlift lol
    Belly gets in the way?

MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GDPONE View Post
    Belly gets in the way?
    Depending on your style of pulling it can cause you to lose upper back tightness and not get in correct position. When your squatting the bigger gut limits hip flexion on the way down so gives you some pop. However when your trying to getinto pulling position with a belt on this isnt always beneficial. Especially if you use alot of quad drive on deads.

GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So is starting with 30lbs for most excersises pretty bad? I feel pretty weak and thats about my average except for bench (dont know my max, probably 100ish). Even my squats feel weak. But I figure I have an extra 150ish lbs of fat for weights so maybe its not that bad?

My goal right now is to be able to to use 50s for all excersises, then move on to actually really powerlifiting. I figure this will give my body to be able to build a foundation and not hurt myself before I really go heavy.

somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We all had to start somewhere. My first goal was to get up to 45lb plates. Once I reached it I set new goals.

DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, don't underestimate high rep low weight full body dumbbell work

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrenBarber View Post
    Who would have thought this guy was going to get banned?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Carb backloading, carb nite ect ect has become popular because it is being marketed as such. Carbs dont make you fat its that simple.

If you want to look like a big strong man you need to train like one, eat like one and use drugs like one.
    Unless I read your post wrong as you insinuate that CBL says carbs are bad:

CBL certainly doesn't promote that carbs are bad... quite the opposite. No idea about carb night but you can't put CBL in the 'carbs are bad bracket' as it's a book that promotes pizza, cookies and ice-cream (amongst other carb sources) it's just the TIMING. And I think going by the title Carb Nite is possibly not suggesting carbs are bad either. Just a thought.

HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Carb backloading, carb nite ect ect has become popular because it is being marketed as such. Carbs dont make you fat its that simple.

If you want to look like a big strong man you need to train like one, eat like one and use drugs like one.
    Thanks, man. I see the light. I took your advice and cut my dick off. What next?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yes, carb timing/cycling, cbl, cn etc. are are magic and create a placebo effect blah blah blah...

Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    It really is not too complicated. Check out Shelby Starnes ebook "The Macronutrient Guidebook." It is a short easy read and the macronutrient suggestions he makes are spot on.
    Originally Posted by darren.dugan View Post
    Why you no share before now. Great read. Pretty much what I've evolved to from CBL. Started with strength accumulation to full blown density bulking and back to something in between with low/moderate carbs at night on my "off" training days and full load up on carbs at night on my training days which is 3-4 days a week depending on the week in my mesocycle. This has been working great and I feel better then ever. Fat gains have stayed away and lean weight gain has slowly and steadily increased.
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

Originally Posted by Jason2459 View Post
    Yes, carb timing/cycling, cbl, cn etc. are are magic and create a placebo effect blah blah blah...

Why you no share before now. Great read. Pretty much what I've evolved to from CBL. Started with strength accumulation to full blown density bulking and back to something in between with low/moderate carbs at night on my "off" training days and full load up on carbs at night on my training days which is 3-4 days a week depending on the week in my mesocycle. This has been working great and I feel better then ever. Fat gains have stayed away and lean weight gain has slowly and steadily increased.
    Following exactly what is in that book and with Shelby's help with... *sigh*... cardio and stuff, I dropped 51lbs in 15 weeks and pulled 760 at 229. I just barely missed 810. I had visible veins in my abs. It was crazy.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Total thread creep but how low is low carb on your off days now vs CBL? I'm just wondering as I find I stay below 30g on non-workout days as per CBL, then I feel lack lustre/lethargic the next, especially when it comes to training the next evening. Thinking I may 'benefit' from a slightly higher low carb off day. I do HIIT occasionally on my off days (end up with a massive deficit even hitting my fat and protein) but don't back load Thoughts?

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It really is not too complicated. Check out Shelby Starnes ebook "The Macronutrient Guidebook." It is a short easy read and the macronutrient suggestions he makes are spot on.
    Originally Posted by darren.dugan View Post
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Total thread creep but how low is low carb on your off days now vs CBL? I'm just wondering as I find I stay below 30g on non-workout days as per CBL, then I feel lack lustre/lethargic the next, especially when it comes to training the next evening. Thinking I may 'benefit' from a slightly higher low carb off day. I do HIIT occasionally on my off days (end up with a massive deficit even hitting my fat and protein) but don't back load Thoughts?
    My off days are filled with GPP/Prehab/Rehab/Active Recovery work. I don't really count anything consistantly but when I have done so I'd say I'm around 500g carbs on my training days 3-4 days a week and the other off days around 100g which crazily kind of lined up with that book for a 275'er though I'm hanging around 200lbs now up from 194 at the end of the SA phase I did.
    Last edited by Jason2459; 02-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Following exactly what is in that book and with Shelby's help with... *sigh*... cardio and stuff, I dropped 51lbs in 15 weeks and pulled 760 at 229. I just barely missed 810. I had visible veins in my abs. It was crazy.
    Whats really crazy is how much I feel like im eating and still below my maintance calories by about 500. Following exactly whats in that book. Except for im using the 250lb man example when im over that.

Whats really crazy is how much I feel like im eating and still below my maintance calories by about 500. Following exactly whats in that book. Except for im using the 250lb man example when im over that.
    Most people don't eat enough to lose weight. Don't use the 250lb man example, use the low end of every suggestion based on your own body weight then reset every 10-15lbs lost.

KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like your strongman beard op

mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a bodybuilder, and I'm ripped, but if I decided to gain weight and get fat, I can and it makes me so strong it's crazy. When I was fat, I was strong like crazy

Raoh52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I literally just joined right now. But OP, you and I seem to be in a similar spot. I am 6'0 and 329 pounds when I weighed myself on Sunday. I have been limiting myself to around 2100 calories a day, and trying to burn fat before I worry too much about muscle. We seem to be different body types though. My lower body is full of muscle and huge. Where your upper body seems to have most of your muscle. Maybe we can help each other along. I ate really horrible **** all the time for a few years now, similar in diet to what you said you did.

Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's no maybe.

1:33-2:16/The entire video

well now what the fuk do I write hear?

(11/17/12) We Will Never Forget... Update 2018, I forgot.

Most people don't eat enough to lose weight. Don't use the 250lb man example, use the low end of every suggestion based on your own body weight then reset every 10-15lbs lost.
    Well if I eat based on that recomendation (the 250lb) I come out right about where I should be to lose .5lbs/week. my maint. calories is about 3200. I end up eaitng about 2900-3k.

Originally Posted by KenyonDonaldson View Post
    I like your strongman beard op
    Thanks dude. I actually dont have that epic beard anymore but im growing it back. I just wanted it to be my profile pic for motivation.

Originally Posted by mind4muscle7 View Post
    I'm a bodybuilder, and I'm ripped, but if I decided to gain weight and get fat, I can and it makes me so strong it's crazy. When I was fat, I was strong like crazy
    lolwut?

Originally Posted by Raoh52 View Post
    I literally just joined right now. But OP, you and I seem to be in a similar spot. I am 6'0 and 329 pounds when I weighed myself on Sunday. I have been limiting myself to around 2100 calories a day, and trying to burn fat before I worry too much about muscle. We seem to be different body types though. My lower body is full of muscle and huge. Where your upper body seems to have most of your muscle. Maybe we can help each other along. I ate really horrible **** all the time for a few years now, similar in diet to what you said you did.
    Lets do it brah!

Originally Posted by Clifford-James View Post
    There's no maybe.

1:33-2:16/The entire video

I just got Arnold schooled. That **** made me so pumped just now.

Also still going at it. Yesterday was getting a bit hard. I think all these compound lifts are starting to affect me some. But whatever I will do as many reps as I can each workout day/week till I can do no more.

May I ask why you're only looking to lose about half a pound a week? That seems a bit slow to me. And mind sharing what a meal plan for the day might end up being for you? I'll put a link to my fitness pal diary, and we can compare. :P (just found out I can't even post the link until I have 50 posts. That sucks) I'm really should eat a bit more everyday. I eat about 2100 a day, well, I try to. But it's been pretty hard without consuming too much fat.

I need to start lifting myself, but I have a very basic understanding of what to do, and I just work out during downtime at work.
    Last edited by Raoh52; 02-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.

May I ask why you're only looking to lose about half a pound a week? That seems a bit slow to me. And mind sharing what a meal plan for the day might end up being for you? I'll put a link to my fitness pal diary, and we can compare. :P (just found out I can't even post the link until I have 50 posts. That sucks) I'm really should eat a bit more everyday. I eat about 2100 a day, well, I try to. But it's been pretty hard without consuming too much fat.

I need to start lifting myself, but I have a very basic understanding of what to do, and I just work out during downtime at work.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ewells2420 is my diary. Yesterday was a bit over because I was using 2% milk for my shakes. Ive since bought 0% milk.

paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ewells2420 is my diary. Yesterday was a bit over because I was using 2% milk for my shakes. Ive since bought 0% milk.
    I checked out your diary and it looks ok. This is what I have and it works well for me. I also have several of my co-workers doing something similar and they are losing weight:

Breakfast: (150 calories)
    Large Coffee with Cream. I put two packets of Truvia instead of sugar.

Morning Snack: (350 calories)
    2 hardboiled eggs, handful of nuts or 1 tbsp of peanut butter, piece of fruit.

Lunch: (500 calories)
    Meat and veggies

Afternoon Snack: (350 calories)
    2 hardboiled eggs, handful of nuts or 1 tbsp of peanut butter, piece of fruit.

Dinner: (500+ calories)
    Meat and veggies. Maybe some rice or sweet potatoes.

That is about 1850 calories, which leaves you plenty of calories left over to play around with. You can even move some things around. I don't have the fruit as my snacks. I use them for my post workout. You can even take the snacks and have them as your breakfast.

A half pound a week is fine. Pretty much anyhting over 2lbs a week is too unstable and, most likely will be gained back twice as fast.

I've never understood why people want to lose or gain weight so quickly. I believe this is where the saying slow and steady wins the race is appropriate.

Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never understood why people want to lose or gain weight so quickly. I believe this is where the saying slow and steady wins the race is appropriate.

^^^this. I lost ten pounds in 4 weeks recently. Felt it was too much (even though I'm making gains in my lifts) So I'm upping my calories some hoping to compete at 220 this summer so i've got plenty of time to lose 25lbs.

Now's not the time for minute details op, that comes later (read in Bane's voice for full effect)

For now just get your ass to Mars(read in Arnold's voice) and lift some weights.

lol
    well now what the fuk do I write hear?

(11/17/12) We Will Never Forget... Update 2018, I forgot.

paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A half pound a week is fine. Pretty much anyhting over 2lbs a week is too unstable and, most likely will be gained back twice as fast.
    Most people that want to lose a lot of weight get discouraged if they don't see that weight drop. They don't understand that it takes time to un**** what has taken years to **** up. 1 lb per week is the most I'd try to lose. Any more than that and your body isn't going to like you too much. You can't expect to go from eating 4000 calories a day to eating 2000 calories without having some problems.

I think it depends more on what people do. I have a feeling that many people don't really know how to cook. I have been eating very clean foods, keeping everything I make low in sodium and such, fats I am been limiting myself, but today I went a bit higher than planned on fats because a meal I had planned out didn't work out. That being said, I don't feel an urge to cheat. Most people think to have healthy foods, you need to have no flavor, and this is where I believe they fail. If I told you I was eating things like pesto sauteed chicken, chicken tacos, sausage patties, etc etc. You would never expect for me to be losing weight. But I am making everything without the stuff that adds on a ton of calories. I make my chicken in some water instead of oil. This cuts out some fats and some calories, making the meal healthier, while still being pretty tasty.

But yeah, losing weight too quickly won't work. Thankfully, I am pretty damn heavy, so losing 2 pounds a week isn't so hard. I can eat plenty, because I fill up with lower calories foods.

OP, I am gonna add you as a buddy on myfitnesspal.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DrStriation View Post
    OP, don't underestimate high rep low weight full body dumbbell work
    As a beginner, apart from good form, having higher reps is an achievable goal. Work towards, say, 4 sets of 10 reps. Higher reps helps with reducing fat, at least it does with me.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *