Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post
    Personal experience and advice from a fellow big fat guy.

Make sure you can walk comfortably for two hours, a physical fitness test, before starting a lifting routine that involved heavy weights. I got to the point of being able to squat 600+ lbs, but not walk for 5 minutes without winding myself.

With a high body fat 30% + you can skip carbs. In my own experience I did not eat carbs until was squatting and deadlifting over bodyweight on StrongLifts.

In one year of StrongLifts I made it to 470 5x51.5 bw squats weighing 312lbs gaining only 7lbs in the process. It is very likely that if you do a linear progression program like StrongLifts or Starting Strength that you will not loose any weight, though you will find your clothes fit different.

In hindsight, these are my two biggest mistakes. Continuing StrongLifts beyond 1.5bw squats. I could still progress on the lifts, but the food demands were great, and I was not being that picky about what I ate. The second mistake was competing in the SHW class in powerlifting. Nothing wrong with competing in the SHW class, but myself personally, did not have the discipline to diet needed to do so without getting overly fat. I got so fat I could not dead lift anymore and getting squat below parallel with your big belly hitting your thighs is next to impossible. I am now dieting and walking, trying to get my fitness back so that I can start lifting again.

Back to linear progression if you are going that route stop at 1.5bw squats if you make it that far and choose a program that does not require as many calories as linear progression does. 5/3/1 would be a good choice at that point.
    So you are saying I lose fat but gain muscle? Because ive noticed my clothes are fitting slightly different but the scale is barely moving. But yeah Im not concentrating right now on super high weights (couldnt do it if I wanted lol) right now. Just doing a benginnner strenth program (allpro) to get back into shape along with some cardio.

Originally Posted by Horizon92 View Post
    Just some thoughts:

Seperate diet and training, i.e the diet = weight loss, don't count weight training or cardio into the equation, it doesn't matter.

Don't be running at your size. When I was 330lbs I picked up running, and I also picked up a knee injury which I still feel the effects of, 3 years later. Use the eliptical, but to be honest there is no reason to be doing a whole lot of cardio. Concentrate on your diet, and do some walking if you want. The rest of the health benefits will come from lifting weights.

Regarding saggy skin, you can't fight it. Some get it, others do not. I only got a little bit of saggy skin after going down from 330lbs to 205lbs in about 1,5 years. Barely noticable. The stretch-marks are there to stay though, but they will fade if they already haven't.

Regarding routine - In my experience I had to "force" myself to be training until I loved it. I might feel from time to time that hey know its just like a habit! When in fact it was not. Regardless, just keep at it.

For those saying high rep does more for your weightloss etc thats just silly. Diet will be dealing with the weight loss, progressive overload with the strength part. It doesn't matter how many reps, but obviously the lower the reps the faster you can up the weight so it only makes sense to be doing fewer reps with heavier weights.

My 2 cents
    Yeah thanks to the advice here I wont be counting my cardio/strength training into my calorie counting. So they wont be combined. And yeah I figured running while at this weight wouldnt be good, sorry to hear you had that injury. I know I deffinately felt the other night if I twisted the wrong way even once my knees would be outta here.

Originally Posted by paulosantos0922 View Post
    I agree. Control your weight with your diet and use the exercise (heavy lifting) to shape your body. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or energy doing bull**** cardio like the elliptical. I'd just focus on eating right and lifting heavy weights. Once you drop a significant amount of weight, then start doing some good cardio.
    Well I feel that I want to do cardio just to aid in weigh loss and for my heart. I like the eliptical because it gets my heart rate up faster than walking and dont get ****ed up from running.

paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GDPONE View Post
    Well I feel that I want to do cardio just to aid in weigh loss and for my heart. I like the eliptical because it gets my heart rate up faster than walking and dont get ****ed up from running.
    I understand what you are saying, but as you lose weight and get stronger, normal everyday things will become easier to do. And since you are at such a calorie deficit right now, I'd save all of my calories for my strength training. If you continue to eat at such a deficit and do all that extra workouts (cardio), your body is going to start to shut down on you because it won't have enough energy. So I would just lose 2 lbs a week and so the strength training 3 times a week.

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I believe, starting out, his body can sustain dropping weight rapidly for some time. The problem is forcing yourself to do cardio, because to be honest you will tire of it quicker than if you were to live more like how you did before, only really changing diet and doing the lifting. Go for walks when you feel like it, but doing large amounts of cardio is just a recipe for burnout and you can create the deficit via diet anyways.

We humans don't really like change and it will feel more "all in" if you are to force yourself to do cardio.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrStriation View Post
    Walking seems a big part of this thread
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ed_get_walking

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My exact cardio plan for the next couple weeks (going to get down to 265):

2 days a week- drag a light sled for 20 minutes
    2 days a week- fasted cardio/HIIT
    2 extra workouts (one upper, one lower)

Plus 4 heavy training sessions.

Anything more complicated than this won't work. Jogging doesn't work for strength athletes.

Regardless of what others say, dropping weight fast is never good. Especially when you are trying to recomposition for the long term. Think of it this way, your biology has been set to this one way (being large) for a long time. How on earth are you going to reset that quickly? Even in short bursts. That is just nuts. I read a study one time that suggested it takes 10 years to kill a fat cell. So, make a 10 year plan and stick to that.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's interesting. I was unaware that you can actually kill a fat cell minus cutting/sucking it out. I knew you could grow new fat cells in obese individuals (above what you grow as a child). Or has that changed as well?
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post

Anything more complicated than this won't work. Jogging doesn't work for strength athletes.

Regardless of what others say, dropping weight fast is never good. Especially when you are trying to recomposition for the long term. Think of it this way, your biology has been set to this one way (being large) for a long time. How on earth are you going to reset that quickly? Even in short bursts. That is just nuts. I read a study one time that suggested it takes 10 years to kill a fat cell. So, make a 10 year plan and stick to that.
    How does jogging "not work"? It'll burn some calories as with any other cardio-plan. But I agree that it isn't the best way to be training when cutting anyways.

I think that in the initial first months there is nothing wrong with fast weight loss, there really aren't any reasons for why you shouldn't be cutting fast in the beginning. Your strength will go up, you will probably gain some muscle, and you will be losing weight fast.

GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GDPONE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I understand what you are saying, but as you lose weight and get stronger, normal everyday things will become easier to do. And since you are at such a calorie deficit right now, I'd save all of my calories for my strength training. If you continue to eat at such a deficit and do all that extra workouts (cardio), your body is going to start to shut down on you because it won't have enough energy. So I would just lose 2 lbs a week and so the strength training 3 times a week.
    I believe, starting out, his body can sustain dropping weight rapidly for some time. The problem is forcing yourself to do cardio, because to be honest you will tire of it quicker than if you were to live more like how you did before, only really changing diet and doing the lifting. Go for walks when you feel like it, but doing large amounts of cardio is just a recipe for burnout and you can create the deficit via diet anyways.

We humans don't really like change and it will feel more "all in" if you are to force yourself to do cardio.

Originally Posted by Jason2459 View Post
    That's interesting. I was unaware that you can actually kill a fat cell minus cutting/sucking it out. I knew you could grow new fat cells in obese individuals (above what you grow as a child). Or has that changed as well?
    How does jogging "not work"? It'll burn some calories as with any other cardio-plan. But I agree that it isn't the best way to be training when cutting anyways.

I think that in the initial first months there is nothing wrong with fast weight loss, there really aren't any reasons for why you shouldn't be cutting fast in the beginning. Your strength will go up, you will probably gain some muscle, and you will be losing weight fast.
    Well from what I gather I guess I will keep it to a maximum of walking on 'cardio' days then. A lot of you guys seem to know your **** and give out good advice so I will take it. And thats really interesting I didnt know that about fat cells. So I guess when you lose weight/fat its the cells that decrease in size but dont die/dissapear? I guess I never really thought about that, always assumed losing fat was killing off those cells. That would make sense given a lot of fat people lose a lot of weight, then blow right back up quick as hell if they fall off.

The reason people shoot up in weight again isn't because of the fat cells - Its because people are so insanely all in on dieting. People are hell bent on cutting super fast, and when they are done they figure they can go back to old eating habits to maintain their weight. Of course they can't because #1 they weigh less than before and therefore burns less calories #2 Their metabolism is lowered because they have been eating at a deficit over a sustained period of time. Some people diet super hard, do vast amounts of cardio, reach their target weight and then just stops doing cardio and jumps back on their old eating habits, gaining weight rapidly.

If a person diets down, reach their goal, then add 100kcal each week until they start gaining weight again, then cut back to maintenance, no way they will be getting fat. Impossible.

paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paulosantos0922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You really should look up Carb Nite. I guarantee you that it would work much better than what you are doing and you don't have to really count calories. If you are interested let me know and I'll show you a sample meal template that you'll stick with.

Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    op if you don't mind how much did you spend roughly on groceries? On that college meal plan but not next semester.

Originally Posted by Nathan17 View Post
    op if you don't mind how much did you spend roughly on groceries? On that college meal plan but not next semester.
    Honestly not sure. Its a good amount though. If I had to guess maybe $150 every two weeks. Maybe $200.

So I finally figured out why I wasnt losing much weight. A. I needed to weigh myself first thing in the morning before eating/drinking anything. B. I used to have a fitbit which was still automatically adding in 500 extra calories for 'excersise' that I wasnt doing. Despite that Im now @ 334. I have unlinked the fitbit from MFP and should now lose as normal.

So this last whole month ive been spinning my wheels lol. All you can do is laugh. Not discouraged though, will still keep doing what ive been doing, only now I should lose more weight. Its funny because as time goes on I only get more motivated.
    Last edited by GDPONE; 03-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.

So spent the last of my paycheck on a barbell (cheap 250lb limit) bar and two 50lb weights. YOLO.

SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanVHA60013 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GDPONE View Post
    So spent the last of my paycheck on a barbell (cheap 250lb limit) bar and two 50lb weights. YOLO.
    How goes the workouts with your new acquisition? How's the diet going?
    "I just want to work out and be happy"

LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingTexas will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I doubt you do, but do you remember where you saw that study? It was my understanding a fat cell is always in your body. Never goes away.

HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I don't know of a single strength athlete that has ever cut a significant amount of weight fast and been anywhere near as strong when they started. Also, you can't "gain som muscle" while you lose bodyweight.

Jogging doesn't work because of all of the adverse health effects jogging has. Especially for larger people.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Jogging doesn't work because of all of the adverse health effects jogging has. Especially for larger people.
    What's bad about jogging aside from the joint jarring?

GDPONE - did you buy 50lbs dumbbells or 50lbs weight plates for the barbell?
    Last edited by DrStriation; 03-16-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Jogging/running will destroy your legs. I'm 160-165 lbs and last year when I played soccer, I lost 60 lbs off my squat, yet my Deadlift and bench stayed the same. After soccer season, my squats came back pretty fast because I totally stopped running. I'd rather get my cardio from circuits.
    Last edited by paulosantos0922; 03-15-2013 at 04:25 PM.

DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStriation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jogging/running will destroy your legs. I'm 160-165 lbs and last year when I played soccer, I lost 60 lbs off my squat, yet my Deadlift and bench stayed the same. After soccer season, my squats came back pretty fast because I totally stopped running. I'd rather get my cardio from circuits.
    Damn what, why do boxers and mma guys jog then? To lose that much of your squat means you lost explosive power and that is what these guys need

Damn what, why do boxers and mma guys jog then? To lose that much of your squat means you lost explosive power and that is what these guys need
    That's because MMA Fighters/Boxers generally don't compete in Powerlifting also. Just like soccer players do a lot of jogging. But if your goal is to get stronger, running will hurt your progress. So unless you plan on running a 5K, or some other thing where running is a must, I would not be running. There are plenty of ways to get conditioning without running. If you don't believe it, do 7 minutes of Burpees and let me know how you feel?

And by the way, I can still run a 6 minute mile. The only difference is that after I'm done running, I know I'll be sore as hell for a few days afterwards.

That's because MMA Fighters/Boxers generally don't compete in Powerlifting also. Just like soccer players do a lot of jogging. But if your goal is to get stronger, running will hurt your progress. So unless you plan on running a 5K, or some other thing where running is a must, I would not be running. There are plenty of ways to get conditioning without running. If you don't believe it, do 7 minutes of Burpees and let me know how you feel?

And by the way, I can still run a 6 minute mile. The only difference is that after I'm done running, I know I'll be sore as hell for a few days afterwards.
    I gotcha, I personally only lift so u can kick someone's ass ..... I hate combat sports and I don't care what people say it is the stronger and bigger guy that wins MOST fights

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I gotcha, I personally only lift so u can kick someone's ass ..... I hate combat sports and I don't care what people say it is the stronger and bigger guy that wins MOST fights
    You mean like the fights you challenge to people over the internet?
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

Originally Posted by InspecktaDeck View Post
    You mean like the fights you challenge to people over the internet?
    I have never challenged anyone to a fight over the Internet man, I'm talking a real fight

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never challenged anyone to a fight over the Internet man, I'm talking a real fight
    You challenged me to a fight after you got all butt hurt in that other thread. "lets meet up and fight, Ill win derperperperp"
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

GDPONE - did you buy 50lbs dumbbells or 50lbs weight plates for the barbell?
    Long duration steady state cardio has been shown to inhibit T3 production (more predominant in women, but happens in mean too) as a means of energy conservation when NOT performing the exercise. Yes, jogging burns more calories than HIIT and weightlifting, but that is only during the actually exercise. Once you are done jogging, the metabolic switch goes to off, your thyroid stops working, and you conserve.

Also, the muscle wasting effects and the negative changes in body composition is well documented.

They do it because the yhave always done it. There are still college football programs that run timed miles in training camp. Also, you seem to be assuming that most boxers and MMA fighters squat or even train lower body outside of jogging. I am willing to bet if they do, it isn't very much. Also, these guys are trying to stay in certain weight classes. The easiest way to lose WEIGHT is to jog. Then when the weight drop slows, you have to jog more, due to that conservation effect I was talking about. So, you get these kids who start running 10 miles a day in high school to make weight. 10 years later, they have to keep doing it or else they will get fat as $hit. But, that weight lost from jogging includes muscle, glycogen, water, bone mass, etc. not just fat.

Don't forget either, boxing and MMA is a chaotic and technique driven sport. You can be in bad shape and still win based on technique.

Originally Posted by InspecktaDeck View Post
    You challenged me to a fight after you got all butt hurt in that other thread. "lets meet up and fight, Ill win derperperperp"
    Lol what, I'm not denying it but I really don't remember .... I'd win though

They do it because the yhave always done it. There are still college football programs that run timed miles in training camp. Also, you seem to be assuming that most boxers and MMA fighters squat or even train lower body outside of jogging. I am willing to bet if they do, it isn't very much. Also, these guys are trying to stay in certain weight classes. The easiest way to lose WEIGHT is to jog. Then when the weight drop slows, you have to jog more, due to that conservation effect I was talking about. So, you get these kids who start running 10 miles a day in high school to make weight. 10 years later, they have to keep doing it or else they will get fat as $hit. But, that weight lost from jogging includes muscle, glycogen, water, bone mass, etc. not just fat.

Don't forget either, boxing and MMA is a chaotic and technique driven sport. You can be in bad shape and still win based on technique.
    Thanks for all this information it is really em lighting (Srs). What would you recommend for some who basically just wants to be an explosive badass so if he got into conflict he would deal with it one time!

MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by scottyk31 View Post
    How bout trying this, create habits of good muscle building meals, like steak and sweet potato etc... To get to your weight im sure you are eating some **** meals everyday if you replace 2 good meals with 2 **** meals you will start going in the right direction. Keep your protein high and lift heavy.

live and die by heavy overhead presses, heavy deadlifts, heavy squats, and bench presses. Also do heavy high rep shrugs because traps kick ass.
    Maybe I'll try this , haha