BDR67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New at this, so bare with me on fat loss while buiding muscle

I am 5'11" tall, 45 years old.....started @ 204ish 2 1/2 months ago (Nov 15ish/2012), now 191....I'm sure i am not eating properly to lose my gut while building muscle, i have been experimenting but don't really know what i am doing. I have been following "The body sculpting bible for men" as far as the workout part goes, i eat way way better than i ever have, i workout 6 days a week, i don't drink (anymore) and I'm just not seeing a whole lot of results, eating all the veggies and protein shakes and just healthier also seems to bloat me and make me gassy.....i know its a fine line to cut body fat and gain muscle mass, so i need some advise....i am very disciplined and will do what it takes....just don't know what to do......oh ya i smoke too, that's my next goal, but one thing at a time,,,,and yes i know smoking is "bad" for you, lol....any input will be appreciated....

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I recommend the book championship bodybuilding by christ aceto, its not only for bodybuilders, everyone can benefit ---goodluck
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You aren't going to be able to build any noticeable muscle whilst losing fat. Also, you seem to have a few misconceptions about diet, you don't need to only eat veggies and protein shakes. In fact, that would be a terrible diet.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

-Credit to dmacdonal9 for the list.

NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaberNuri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try not to focus on losing fat and gaining muscle too much at the same time. Lower your BF% till you're satisfied with it and then do a clean bulk and the gains will come.

Good luck
    Ambition is priceless, it's something that's in your vains..

Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NaberNuri View Post
    Try not to focus on losing fat and gaining muscle too much at the same time. Lower your BF% till you're satisfied with it and then do a clean bulk and the gains will come.

Good luck
    This ^

BDR67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Matman1813I, didn't say that's all my diet diet consists of, i mentioned that part of it as far as the bloating goes, and your telling me a person cant trim fat and build muscle at the same time???? Really???

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    You aren't going to be able to build any noticeable muscle whilst losing fat. Also, you seem to have a few misconceptions about diet, you don't need to only eat veggies and protein shakes. In fact, that would be a terrible diet.
    Originally Posted by BDR67 View Post
    Matman1813I, didn't say that's all my diet diet consists of, i mentioned that part of it as far as the bloating goes, and your telling me a person cant trim fat and build muscle at the same time???? Really???
    Read more carefully, op.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BDR67 View Post
    Well, as far as diet goes in relation to body composition all we need to know is your calories and macros.

I said noticable muscle but as a general rule, you can't. There are a few exceptions: someone who has never lifted before, someone who has lifted before but completely detrained and lost a lot of size, genetic freaks and people using 'performance enhancers'. Even those people aren't going to be gaining large amounts of muscle. You might gain really small amounts.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24